The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by angelfox
Looks like Falcao going to Real.

Benzema to Arsenal?

being brought by madrid or loaned..

If brought, then we should be all over benzema...

Would be the biggest stroke of luck in the window, and no other big team seems to need a striker now liverpool have balo, (well chelsea kind of do, but I cant see them breaking the bank for one..) so we would seem to not have much competition
Original post by fallen_acorns
being brought by madrid or loaned..

If brought, then we should be all over benzema...

Would be the biggest stroke of luck in the window, and no other big team seems to need a striker now liverpool have balo, (well chelsea kind of do, but I cant see them breaking the bank for one..) so we would seem to not have much competition

Falcao's injury problems are an issue.
Arsenal has to play against BVB in champions league, as usual. That is getting boring! am I the only one who thinks so?
Original post by jam278
So what. Porto actually won the competition and did face a few good teams(Monaco and United) so what's your point here? Plus are you seriously trying to compare the quality of Arsenal to Porto? :lol:

Villareal and Roma were not of the quality of Manchester United in the PL Fergie years.

You've totally and utterly missed the point I was making...

Roma and Villereal were about the same level as Monaco and United (their worst season up until 2013) and so you can't beat us with the easy teams stick and not accept that Mourinho had it the same way. Our 2009 season was good in Europe, it doesn't count as doing nothing...

Regardless, Abramovic made it impossible for us to compete financially, you're the ****ing reason we've been poor in Europe so how you can complain I've no idea.
Original post by Kallisto
Arsenal has to play against BVB in champions league, as usual. That is getting boring! am I the only one who thinks so?

Same here. Doesn't excite me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Falcao's injury problems are an issue.

He'd fit right in at Arsenal then.

Speaking of which, what's the situation with Diaby atm?
Original post by qwerty_mad
Same here. Doesn't excite me.

Sometimes I have a feeling that the UEFA takes the English teams for a ride, as Arsenal is not the only one which has got the same German team in group phase in this season. Its hard to believe that this drawing was a coincidence...

Its always going to be this way as long as the UEFA regulations are in place. They are trying to protect the biggest clubs to generate the most revenue possible so its not like we can have a totally randomized draw.
Original post by sr90
He'd fit right in at Arsenal then.

Speaking of which, what's the situation with Diaby atm?

Started for the U-21's today. Came off at half time.
Original post by little_tom
Started for the U-21's today. Came off at half time.

He'll be like a new signing if he can actually stay fit. Not even joking.
Original post by sr90
He'll be like a new signing if he can actually stay fit. Not even joking.

He will play a few cup games and maybe start one or two league games before getting injured again. Unfortunately he has no future at the club, expecting him to be released next year, and I expect him to retire once that happens despite his age.

We do seem to get drawn against the same teams again and again in the CL: BVB, Milan, Barca and Bayern namely. I'm not complaining too much as I get to go watch all the home games.
Deadline day soon....
Original post by Pete_91
You've totally and utterly missed the point I was making...

Roma and Villereal were about the same level as Monaco and United (their worst season up until 2013) and so you can't beat us with the easy teams stick and not accept that Mourinho had it the same way. Our 2009 season was good in Europe, it doesn't count as doing nothing...

Regardless, Abramovic made it impossible for us to compete financially, you're the ****ing reason we've been poor in Europe so how you can complain I've no idea.

Compare Porto's finances to Arsenals. Even during your drought you can still get better players than Porto can. That's not even a question who had it tougher.

It's like telling a guy without many chest muscles to bench 100kg and a guy with chest muscles to do it. It's clear who is more likely to do it.

Abramovic wasn't at fault when the past 4 transfer records have been broken by Real Madrid... Inflation in football occurs via more than one league. It's not just us. It's Arsene's fault for being so stringent with his policy and despite paying of majority of the stadium debt and in a comfortable financial position he is still being stubborn and not filling gaps in the squad. Don't see why Chelsea are to blame, if you want to blame inflation, blame Real Madrid and now Manchester United. Heck Liverpool have completely inflated the market for English players while we're at it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Compare Porto's finances to Arsenals. Even during your drought you can still get better players than Porto can. That's not even a question who had it tougher.

It's like telling a guy without many chest muscles to bench 100kg and a guy with chest muscles to do it. It's clear who is more likely to do it.

Abramovic wasn't at fault when the past 4 transfer records have been broken by Real Madrid... Inflation in football occurs via more than one league. It's not just us. It's Arsene's fault for being so stringent with his policy and despite paying of majority of the stadium debt and in a comfortable financial position he is still being stubborn and not filling gaps in the squad. Don't see why Chelsea are to blame, if you want to blame inflation, blame Real Madrid and now Manchester United. Heck Liverpool have completely inflated the market for English players while we're at it.

I'm not saying money = success in the cups, obviously luck plays a part (monaco reaching the final in 04 and porto winning it for instance). Abramovic got the ball rolling don't even try to absolve yourselves (chelsea) of the blame for that. Before him every club pretty much spent within their means or not too far beyond (bar the government funded spanish clubs). Chelsea and then City and PSG have led to wage inflation to the nth degree.
Well, well, another twist in Falcao/Real plot. Turns out the Italian journalist who's a fraud maybe wrong and Real rejected Falcao and that judas RVP might go to Real instead.:tongue:
Original post by Pete_91
I'm not saying money = success in the cups, obviously luck plays a part (monaco reaching the final in 04 and porto winning it for instance). Abramovic got the ball rolling don't even try to absolve yourselves (chelsea) of the blame for that. Before him every club pretty much spent within their means or not too far beyond (bar the government funded spanish clubs). Chelsea and then City and PSG have led to wage inflation to the nth degree.

I'm just saying that comparing Mourinho's achievement in 2004 to Arsene getting to a semi final in 2009 is ridiculous as there is a complete disparity in the profile of the clubs.

I never said we were absolved of blame, just that there are clearly worse culprits in market inflation, that being Madrid, Barcelona and now Manchester United. Liverpool are also bad in this sense for English players.
Well, well, another twist in Falcao/Real plot. Turns out the Italian journalist who's a fraud maybe wrong and Real rejected Falcao and that judas RVP might go to Real instead.:tongue:

Lel if RVP goes to Real. They'd be wise to not get him.
MARCA are reporting, who are basically Real's newspaper, that Perez rejected Falcao to Real.

Latest