Why wouldn't you want Song? Better than Arteta and Flam and Diaby... lel
    Should be aiming higher than song

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Should be aiming higher than song

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you'd pick??

Problem is we've got too many good players in all positions but no outstanding players in any other than maybe Ramsey.

Why are we talking about Falcao on loan for £20mil? Surely thats not aiming high enough being mugged out of £20mil for a player for one season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    So you'd pick??

Problem is we've got too many good players in all positions but no outstanding players in any other than maybe Ramsey.

Why are we talking about Falcao on loan for £20mil? Surely thats not aiming high enough being mugged out of £20mil for a player for one season...
    I never said we should get Falcao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I never said we should get Falcao

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know but others are, which CDM would you go for?

ReputationRep:
    What are the chances of a platinum with 0 away points getting tickets for dortmund away 16/9/14?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    So you'd pick??

its Euros and we will probably make that much by just being in the CL. Not gonna happen though. Sokratis wont be coming either tbh.

(Original post by AR_95)
    Rabiot is a very good prospect as far as I've heard. But it just seems like he's another B2B midfielder, so what's the point when we have Jack and Ramsey who are both very young?
    I remember Ornstein saying that the CM we sign won't be a major name, but a squad player (Rabiot at 19 not exactly going to demand 1st team football/starting). I'm hearing his mum(agent) is unhappy with him staying at PSG anyway. Rabiot not a bad signing but do we really need him? I wouldn't say so.
    I've seen him play in both holding and B2B roles, but he wouldn't be a pure DM at all, he's like Khedira in the sense that even though he's pretty big he just doesn't use his physical presence to push other players off the ball. He does have some mouth watering passes in him though from what i've seen on youtube (I know). Would be a big risk but would probably fill Artetas boots rather than a DM like big willy.

Cerci has asked to leave the club though, Torino board report

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for the post CL-qualification transfer rumour explosion.....

ReputationRep:
    falcao for 20 million puts me in 2 minds..

I mean, he is good, and we need a striker..

But 20 million, jeeze..

Thats a lot just for a loan..

If it wins us the title, and then we buy reus linned up by march next year, it looks genius..

If we come 4th, and have no clear striker targets, it looks like wasted money..

Hmm

(No chance wenger will take it though, considering how tight he can be with funds)

ReputationRep:
    how can people not want Falcao??

we have no recognised striker atm and people are turning down one of the best in the business. Also the 20mil includes his wages and you have to pay top dollar to get the best players in the current market.

If we get Falcao and possibly a quality holding mid, we are PL and CL contenders. However, with the current squad we'll end up finishing 4th and getting knocked out of the round of 16 in the CL again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junaid95)
    how can people not want Falcao??

we have no recognised striker atm and people are turning down one of the best in the business. Also the 20mil includes his wages and you have to pay top dollar to get the best players in the current market.

If we get Falcao and possibly a quality holding mid, we are PL and CL contenders. However, with the current squad we'll end up finishing 4th and getting knocked out of the round of 16 in the CL again!
    Did not realise it included wages tbh... that considered, id be in favour

ReputationRep:
    Falcao for £20m including wages is a steal considering he'll pay for himself in our CL run. Alexis has already been paid for - thank you, Besiktas.

What happened to our huge cash reserves? £12m for Debuchy, £3m for Ospina, and £16m for Chambers = £31m. We have something like £150m+ sitting in a vault.

Splash the cash or it's Sanogo up front when Alexis gets injured; and buy a ****ing DM.

ReputationRep:
    Bayern signed Benatia so Javi Martinez could be available he can play at CDM/CB I feel loaning Falcao would be a statement however he not for us we need a player that can hold up the ball unfortunately sanogo injury prove so I reckon loaning LLorente or Mario Gomez could be decent. Don't forget we still have Walcott, Campbell, Alexis and Sanogo who can lead the line!

ReputationRep:
    The draw doesn't surprise me. Three German clubs getting the same English opposition as last season's group stage (Leverkusen could not get Liverpool but it doesn't matter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Falcao for £20m including wages is a steal considering he'll pay for himself in our CL run. Alexis has already been paid for - thank you, Besiktas.

What happened to our huge cash reserves? £12m for Debuchy, £3m for Ospina, and £16m for Chambers = £31m. We have something like £150m+ sitting in a vault.

Splash the cash or it's Sanogo up front when Alexis gets injured; and buy a ****ing DM.
    Don't forget Vermaelen was sold for £10 million and we got around £5 million for Fabregas and £8m for Vela
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obsidian440)
    Bayern signed Benatia so Javi Martinez could be available he can play at CDM/CB
    I thought he was injured?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I thought he was injured?
    He is indeed...it's the reason that defender was signed lmao

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Falcao going to Real.

Benzema to Arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Looks like Falcao going to Real.

Benzema to Arsenal?
    being brought by madrid or loaned..

If brought, then we should be all over benzema...

Would be the biggest stroke of luck in the window, and no other big team seems to need a striker now liverpool have balo, (well chelsea kind of do, but I cant see them breaking the bank for one..) so we would seem to not have much competition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    being brought by madrid or loaned..

If brought, then we should be all over benzema...

Would be the biggest stroke of luck in the window, and no other big team seems to need a striker now liverpool have balo, (well chelsea kind of do, but I cant see them breaking the bank for one..) so we would seem to not have much competition
    Falcao's injury problems are an issue.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal has to play against BVB in champions league, as usual. That is getting boring! am I the only one who thinks so?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.