Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just checking in. I'm feeling brilliant- not 100% but such a vast improvment to myself 3 weeks ago, and feeling my old self again.

I keep thinking about my ex, I miss him- I miss the good times though, and I need to keep reminding myself what a backstabing, weak excuse of a man he was!!

Uni is brill, need to loose weight though...
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
Just checking in. I'm feeling brilliant- not 100% but such a vast improvment to myself 3 weeks ago, and feeling my old self again.

I keep thinking about my ex, I miss him- I miss the good times though, and I need to keep reminding myself what a backstabing, weak excuse of a man he was!!

Good to hear things are looking up for you.

I feel a bit better today which is good because I have an exam in a couple of hours. Looking forward to spending some time with friends from my course. I've barely seen them recently.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)

You see! Things getting better! Look forward, not back. Don't keep comparing things to the past. remember that :hugs:
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Arghhhh massively overslept. Stupid life.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
Arghhhh massively overslept. Stupid life.
Oh the plus side, you slept! Ignore the oversleeping, at least you got some sleep
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah true, ive had 2 bad night previously so I guess I'm catching up. Plus I had 2 hours of gymnastics training in the evening. At least I have a dinner to go to tonight- I just hope I don't get depressed, or cave and start drinking.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah true, ive had 2 bad night previously so I guess I'm catching up. Plus I had 2 hours of gymnastics training in the evening. At least I have a dinner to go to tonight- I just hope I don't get depressed, or cave and start drinking.
:hugs:

Hope you have a good evening.
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegoForEver)
kmn - are they texting/phoning/msning? could you try just ignoring them or tell them how you feel?
Texting, msn and facebook... I know that they don't mean for me to get upset by it, but it keeps reminding me how much I miss them. I don't really want to get into telling them, because I'd feel awkward saying it.
Comm Tiger
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs:

Hope everyones been okay this week, it's been a cold un :p: . Yet I still choose to walk around in shorts :rolleyes: .
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello everyone. How are we all today? I read somewhere that it was Laus's birthday? If so then Happy Birthday hun!

I've been feeling a bit better the last few days - just my anxiety playing up because I've got to do a presentation on Monday and a trampolining competition next weekend but other than that I'm ok.

Jonathon, sorry to hear you've been feeling bad :hugs: nudge me on msn if you ever want to talk.
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*sighs*
i am beginning to feel useless again. Work is disappointing me with every turn i make i just dont see the point of working any more. I struggle getting up for work and hate it. even worse though i am moving soon and told my manager that its going to take me close to an hour and a half walking and he said to stop ************. I google mapped it by walking distance its gonna take me 1hr 17 minutes. not far off my estimate. Hate it when people dont listen to what i say or even believe what i say.
I got really frustrated at work because once again noone paying attention to the tasks i have been setting them (eing senior sales advisor i was given a section that i had to maintain and by that it means also giving other staff tasks to do) it pisses me off bigtime having to repeat myself every ******* time with them all. On top of it all they are all whinging about me behind my back because i moan a lot and am a stupid person. They keep saying really nasty things about how ugly i am how stupid i look how fat i am. well i'll just have to show them. I've not eaten now, i dont think i feel like eating. i dont feel like even doing anything. I use to attempt to make myself look decent on a morning but now i dont even give a ****.
They can keep laughing all they like and they probably will. they know how **** i feel. i'm close to screaming at them all and shouting and hitting them and just copletely losing it.
They laugh at me because i hated john. John was a **** a complete utter **** thinking he was mr big balls. thinking he was the best thing in that shop. He was disgusting and saying that i kept asking him for sex in the freezer. first i played along then i lost it after day two when he started telling customers. It hurt that much and i threatened him with harrassment charges. He's gone now, which i am thank full for. but someone else has filled his spot. I cannot stand him. he's just as bad. why do they keep hiring people like this.
They promoted someone who had been there only three months. it made me furious because i had been trying and personally i think they chose the wrong person because one guy that i work with deserved it more because he has been loyal to the company and doing lots of overtime for them. they just want us to leave i know they do.
Everything going down the ******* pan once again. I get so frustrated with home. I want to run and disappear again. I kow noone would miss me because i did it before and nobody noticed i was gone. not even my parents.

A good friend of mine isnt talking to me he hasnt txt me in over 4 months. i miss him. i have tried texting him and calling him but he wont reply. i know his gf dont like him talking to me. i miss him so badly. i just want to know he is ok. I feel so lonely without him without being able to talk to him

i cant even go see him because he lives in ireland now with his gf.
i just feel like givingup
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
i just feel like givingup
you've been away from here for a while. was everything going ok for a few weeks?

i'm feeling a bit **** tonight. everyone in my house wants to go out to wetherspoons tonight, whereas i want to go elsewhere and see friends of mine from last year who most of my housemates hate. so i'll probably end up being branded a traitor for seeing them. i'm probably going to do it anyway.
generally feel dirty today, for no reason. as if i haven't showered for weeks. even though i've had two today. it's an odd feeling, and quite unnerving.
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Texting, msn and facebook... I know that they don't mean for me to get upset by it, but it keeps reminding me how much I miss them. I don't really want to get into telling them, because I'd feel awkward saying it.
Ok could you try taking your mind off of it by watching a tv or a film or something? ususally works for me
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I shouldn't have gone out. Walked in on people laughing at the news articles of me getting arrested. And they carried on after I walked in. Not impressed. At least it's confirmed my irrational paranoia that everyone is ****ging me off behind my back... because they are. It's not like I even try to hide it. Arghh I'm so angry.
becki08
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I shouldn't have gone out. Walked in on people laughing at the news articles of me getting arrested. And they carried on after I walked in. Not impressed. At least it's confirmed my irrational paranoia that everyone is ****ging me off behind my back... because they are. It's not like I even try to hide it. Arghh I'm so angry.
:hugs: sorry they were like that to you.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LegoForEver)
Ok could you try taking your mind off of it by watching a tv or a film or something? ususally works for me
Mm, I bought Criminal Minds s1 before I came to uni and I'm working my way through that (haven't seen some of the earlier episodes and I'm a bit of a CM nut :p:), watched one last night when I got in. My flatmates invited me to one of the bars on campus so I said yes (I know I probably shouldn't bother, because I always end up annoyed with them/disappointed, but I always say yes...) and had an alright night... Nothing amazing though. My flatmates really confuse me.

We're (me and my proper, home mates) are trying to sort out a holiday to Turkey in Summer, I need to lose some serious weight, the other three girls are size 10s and I'm verging on a 16 after Christmas. Don't want to be like that anymore. I'm trying a diet... Never done one before but we'll see how it goes.
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In my experience, people like that aren't even worth the hassle. :hugs: I'm sorry they're ****** to you like that.
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well I didn't really stick to my plan of not drinking. I ended up having quite a lot. But it doesn't matter because I actually had a really great night!
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
I know this might be a really difficult thing to do, but one way I think is good to meet new people is just to get chatting. if you have a regular checkout person then instead of standing there in silence when you do your shopping ask them about their day, ask if they've done anything interesting lately etc etc. Talk to people at the train station, add people you've seen around town on facebook if you have one.
Join a local club if there's one that interests you, maybe go to the gym and talk to people there?
If you go to the pub then try talking to the bartenders, I know you said they give you evils but they seem to enjoy conversation when it's dead in.
I guess your right, maybe I should talk to people more, I've always found it difficult but ever since I had my major nervous breakdown I haven't really recovered from it. Because people we so nasty to me, I just learnt not to talk to anyone. But what I didn't realise is how lonely I got and how quick it took. Nowadays I see myself as a bitter old misrable sod! I guess it's because I got and am so lonely.

But anyway, yes I think I should try to talk to people a little more

if it pisses you off then say something, it'll only fester otherwise. it's only recently I've started to say something when a service isn't as it should be. You don't need to go in all guns blazing and piss them off, just take a friendly approach and mention it.
To be honest I would have done but was so depressed at the time I just didn't have the energy to argue. I would say it happens alot to depressed people because it reduces self will power and everything. Me... When I feel like s**t, I turn to my best friend lemonade

didn't think you were a snob at all. totally understand where you're coming from, I hate busy places too. my birthday's on a Saturday this year and I actually don't want to go out because I know the pubs are busy - most people live for the weekend!
Thanks, that actually means alot. I'm always afraid of what people think of me. My ex gf told me I was insecure and I guess she's right. It's embarrassing sometimes, walking into the station and saying "Can I have a First Class return to..." you get either evils or weirdo looks!

at a last resort, maybe you could organise a TSR meet near you? You never know where a potential friend might come from
Again, this is possible. Doubt if there is many TSR people in Somerset lol :p:

How is everyone today? all reasonably good I hope :hugs: to all

*edit* just seen your Profile, your from somerset too
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've decided to see a doctor soon. I don't know what I'll do, counselling or anti depressants, but I decided last night that I can't keep going the way I am. I got drunk and told a friend of mine that the reason I wasn't sure about him coming over one night last week was because I was thinking about offing myself, and as I said it I realised quite how true it was.
I don't want to be a person who lays **** like that on her friends and I don't want to be a person who's considering death as a serious future plan.

buuutt...I did have a great day today. I went shopping with aforementioned friend and it was really nice. Just a bit worried about tonight as it's my first night alone in ages.

Again, this is possible. Doubt if there is many TSR people in Somerset lol :p:
where about in somerset are you? *edit* i'll guess wiltshire :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (488)
37.68%
No - but I will (100)
7.72%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (619)
47.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise