Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    I honestly wouldn't know. I think Roths might be done.
    Do you reckon BAML have also finished

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnonymousGuyyy)
    Do you reckon BAML have also finished
    I really wouldn't know. That's a question that should be focused towards HR. There's quite a few people doing the SW already, so I would say chances are increasingly becoming slim.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't know. That's a question that should be focused towards HR. There's quite a few people doing the SW already, so I would say chances are increasingly becoming slim.
    I find it very weird that they haven't contacted me literally since 16th of November

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice0852)
    How does it work, if I sign a contract with Nomura, and then next week lets say I get an offfer from MS, can I "cancel" my contract with Nomura? or am I strictly bound to the contract?
    Renge, just don't bother applying for a summer position at Nomura.

You'd be insane to stick with Nomura over MS in almost every instance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommylee0340)
    Anyone got an offer from Jpm technology in Glasgow as well?

And want to know if there is any insight programme is not in the week commencing 13th April?
    Aw congrats, I'm yet to hear back from them when did you get the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am in a big dilemma
    JP has a deadline to reply today, but still waiting to hear from GS (I did send an email to ask for a quicker decision)
    Also would you choose Nomura(the 2 weeks paid one) or JP? I like Nomura more, but can't decide. Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple_fox)
    I am in a big dilemma
    JP has a deadline to reply today, but still waiting to hear from GS (I did send an email to ask for a quicker decision)
    Also would you choose Nomura(the 2 weeks paid one) or JP? I like Nomura more, but can't decide. Help
    Why do you prefer Nomura? Most people would and should go for JP.

The fact that Nomura is 2 weeks and paid shouldn't really impact on your decision at this stage, considering that both offer strong conversion opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    I am in a big dilemma
    do nomura now for some pocket change, then do gs next summer lol.

ReputationRep:
    I am in a big dilemma
    Ask for an extension on your deadline - I've done that with one of my offers

ReputationRep:
    I am in a big dilemma
    If I was in your position, I'd go for JP, just because of the name. However, it depends on the extent to which you prefer Nomura.

ReputationRep:
    JP is tier 1. Nomura is tier 3. Not the same league. I don't know anyone who would choose Nomura over JP, you'd be the first lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by REAMIL73)
    JP is tier 1. Nomura is tier 3. Not the same league. I don't know anyone who would choose JP over Nomura, you'd be the first lol
    Don't you mean "who would choose Nomura over JP"?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean "who would choose Nomura over JP"?
    Yes Abdul-Karim, I corrected it

ReputationRep:
    It might be useful to put a sticky in this thread showing which companies are where in their application processes.

ReputationRep:
    just had Lazard final round, complete disaster! my coach was delayed by like an hour so I turned up 10 minutes late to the interview and was a bit of a mess after running around London PM me if you want to know about the interview, but I'd recommend aiming to get to interviews like 2 hours in early in case something gets delayed lol

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.

I got a rejections from JP,MS, Citi, ICAP and one from CS.

I am confident that I am getting at least 16/18 on the numericals. But I am unsure why I am recirving the rejections. It must be due to my CV or Cover Letter.
    Could you give me some tips on CVs and Cover Letter? Possibly pm me yours if you have been successful, so I get a rough idea where I'm goingn wrong.

Those of you that have offers, are you all from target unis?

Many thanks for your guys.

PS: is anyone here doing a master_uk test for HSBC SJT and awaiting for EY and RBS interview?

ReputationRep:
    Goldman Sachs securities offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigmafield)
    Brilliant! Did they call? Also, did you tell them you had any expiring offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sigmafield)
    Congratss! when was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StarStreak)
    Hi guys.

I got a rejections from JP,MS, Citi, ICAP and one from CS.

I am confident that I am getting at least 16/18 on the numericals. But I am unsure why I am recirving the rejections. It must be due to my CV or Cover Letter.
    Could you give me some tips on CVs and Cover Letter? Possibly pm me yours if you have been successful, so I get a rough idea where I'm goingn wrong.

Those of you that have offers, are you all from target unis?

Many thanks for your guys.

PS: is anyone here doing a master_uk test for HSBC SJT and awaiting for EY and RBS interview?
    Semi-target, BB offer.. I can PM you my email and I can take a look at your CV and maybe an exemplar cover letter which I could advise on.

Recieved RBS interviw invite but turned it down.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.