Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Perfectly summed up by Arsenal legend Wrighty this evening

https://twitter.com/mediocentroEN/st...31666520633345
    What, competent managers teams lose 2-1 rather than 3-1?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Atletico are a filthy as **** team. Diving ***** and should have been down to 9 by the end. That 2 footed, feet off the floor, scissor kick by the LW was horrific. And the CB diving at the end pretending he got hit in the head. Outrageous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    What, competent managers teams lose 2-1 rather than 3-1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Atlético were faring much better than we did till Torres got himself sent off. Also they go into the 2nd at home leg 2-1 down with an away goal. Hardly a terrible position to be in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Atletico are a filthy as **** team. Diving ***** and should have been down to 9 by the end. That 2 footed, feet off the floor, scissor kick by the LW was horrific. And the CB diving at the end pretending he got hit in the head. Outrageous.
    Don't pretend it's something only Atleti do, it's a Spanish/Latin thing where passion runs higher and play acting/hypocrisy in diving etc is seen as part of the game.

Busquets and Alba are in a league of their own for this kind of thing and Suarez is momentual **** regardless of his talent.

ReputationRep:
    Atlético were faring much better than we did till Torres got himself sent off. Also they go into the 2nd at home leg 2-1 down with an away goal. Hardly a terrible position to be in.
    We lost the tie before we went to the Camp Nou anyway.

As much as I do love Wenger, I genuinely don't think he's cared about the CL since 08 - it feels like he's accepted that we won't win it for some reason.

We also don't really have any player that has driven us in the CL. Cech has won it but at Chelsea.. we don't really have a player who's been getting us closer and closer. Someone that won't take being in a losing position.

We really really really needed to have beaten Monaco last season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Don't pretend it's something only Atleti do, it's a Spanish/Latin thing where passion runs higher and play acting/hypocrisy in diving etc is seen as part of the game.

Busquets and Alba are in a league of their own for this kind of thing and Suarez is momentual **** regardless of his talent.
    Oh definitely, not saying they aren't. But you know a team is full of a bunch of filthy ***** when they dive more than Barca and make Suarez look tame. That scissor kick was disgusting tbf. Felt sorry for the ref having to police that game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Oh definitely, not saying they aren't. But you know a team is full of a bunch of filthy ***** when they dive more than Barca and make Suarez look tame. That scissor kick was disgusting tbf. Felt sorry for the ref having to police that game
    I tbh think that if we had taken our chances we would have actually been in that tie. Think about it, Ox's chance in first leg and Alexis header i believe and many others in first leg. If we hadnt switched off towards that end messi wouldnt have scored. He didnt even have a sniff in the whole game until that chance, neither Suarez or neymar.

Second Leg: We were more open, granted but Elneny had a chance before his goal which he should of taken, also i believe we had a few others.

So all in all if luck was our way we SHOULD have scored atleast 3 through both legs. But the refs always seem to favour barca and i was actually quite surprised how theatrical they are in challenges.

The scoreline of boths legs was very misleading of our performance IMO

ReputationRep:
    This weekend has that feeling, where it could either be pretty good.. or really really ****.

One of our last tough games left against west ham, who have had such a dangerous record against top sides this season..

Not putting us as favourites at all to win this game, and it will take a really strong performance to get anything out of them - especially since they find themselves in a top4 battle.

Its kind of a shame, as Id actually like to see them come 4th, but right now if we beat them, and city come through their relitivly easy game, then 4th may be a little to far out of reach for them.

--

If we loose, then we will find ourselves 1pt above 4th place, and have the whole rest of the weekend to dispare.

If we win, then I have a good feeling about the two above us dropping points. Leicster are away to a relegation contender.. and sunderland have been grinding out a lot of draws recently.. Given leicster have also been grinding out wins whilst not playing their best.. I would not be totally surprised to see them draw, and drop a couple of points.

Spurs vs united is another chance for spurs to drop points. I dont think they will, I think it will be a narrow win - but either way it helps us. Either we can go above spurs (including game in hand) or see united fall away in the race for top4. Both seem good options.

ReputationRep:
    We only need to drop points on Saturday, and next month against City, for that domino effect to roll and cause us to drop more points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    We only need to drop points on Saturday, and next month against City, for that domino effect to roll and cause us to drop more points.
    true.. if there is one thing that no arsenal fan can deny, its that as a club we have a very fragile mentality.

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering the only game wehave after city is villa at home I'm not too worried about a "domino effect" from losing to them. ...

ReputationRep:
    Were going to take care of West Ham, I'm confident.

Our form is only just rising, even though it's too late but still.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/st...23616950562816

Thoughts? Are you crying yet? SA-1 swirley

"It's been a long day without you, my friend
    And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    https://twitter.com/MesutOzil1088/st...23616950562816

Thoughts? Are you crying yet? SA-1 swirley

"It's been a long day without you, my friend
    And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Not the worst example of footballers being forced to promote a product/act. But I think Arsenal's social media accounts are comfortably the worst around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Not the worst example of footballers being forced to promote a product/act. But I think Arsenal's social media accounts are comfortably the worst around.
    Closely followed by Liverpool. Their "tribute" to Johan Cruyff was laughable, and not in a good way.

ReputationRep:
    never been so excited for an u21 game, watch wilshere snap ankles with his tantalizing dribbling before snapping his own on the warm down.

ReputationRep:
    Closely followed by Liverpool. Their "tribute" to Johan Cruyff was laughable, and not in a good way.
    Meant to edit to 'cringiest' tbh, but yeah. And that was when Cryuff died and they just posted stuff about what he said about Liverpool as a club didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    never been so excited for an u21 game, watch wilshere snap ankles with his tantalizing dribbling before snapping his own on the warm down.
    What will he drown his sorrows with this time. Cigs, hookah, llello, time to level up Jack

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.