Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ach. My existence is quite ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ergh how annoying. :console: You're probably right not to let it upset you, I'd be really angry but yeah it's pointless letting it wind you up. I guess just throw them in the wash and hope it doesn't stain. :dontknow:

I'm pretty good thanks. Really sore from a killer hockey practice on monday but I've got more hockey tonight and tomorrow so gonna have to suck it up and get on with it. I love how much I can play here - really hoping it helps me lose the quetiapine weight. :crossedf:

Are the two words similar in German?
    Too intimidated I think to get angry over it Though was thinking I wish I had super strength and just throw a stick through their back window :unimpressed: But alas not... :emo: Just a sad truth that people do that sort of stuff sometimes :/

That sounds really great Hopefully a good sort of sore? As in obviously sore is bad, but like there's a reason behind it and it was because (hopefully) you were having a good time playing hockey! I hope it clears up/gets better soon though :console: If its too much then do say to someone/can have a half off or something?
    That sounds really awesome though everyone still being friendly?

IIRC, "receipt"/something similar in German means recipe (in English)
    Don't know about others though

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Talking to mum on the phone by the bus stop and someone driving/turning onto my side of the road goes close to the pavement/stop and either spits or spills/throws some liquid at me Glad I was in phone because I didn't really react at all. Not sure what it was though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That happened to me on Sunday, well not from a car but someone threw a pint of (I assume) beer over someone else when I was walking the dog through town, but it went all over me instead :unimpressed: It'd be worse from a car though if you don't know what it was :eek: Any chance you can wash whatever you were wearing before you wear them again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Too intimidated I think to get angry over it Though was thinking I wish I had super strength and just throw a stick through their back window :unimpressed: But alas not... :emo: Just a sad truth that people do that sort of stuff sometimes :/

That sounds really great Hopefully a good sort of sore? As in obviously sore is bad, but like there's a reason behind it and it was because (hopefully) you were having a good time playing hockey! I hope it clears up/gets better soon though :console: If its too much then do say to someone/can have a half off or something?
    That sounds really awesome though everyone still being friendly?

IIRC, "receipt"/something similar in German means recipe (in English)
    Don't know about others though
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully one day they do it to the wrong person and get their comeuppance. :evil:

Yeah, it's definitely a good kind of sore (or as good as not being able to lift my arms above my head can be )- means I put effort in and had a good practice. And yeah, it's great; everyone is still being incredibly friendly, I think I might actually have made my first friends in several years!

Ah ok. I did German in school but remember next to nothing of it.

How's the lectures going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Are the two words similar in German?
    The German words for prescription and recipe is the same, Rezept. It is written similar to receipt, but of course concerning the pronunciation, there is no reason to write receipt instead of recipe, as both pronunciations differ from the German one. (Although I haven't really known the meaning of receipt, just assumed it is the same, ... )

You can allways say that our existence is ridiculous, but our existence is defined by small things and interactions, not by outstanding stuff, the latter are just add-ons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    The German words for prescription and recipe is the same, Rezept. It is written similar to receipt, but of course concerning the pronunciation, there is no reason to write receipt instead of recipe, as both pronunciations differ from the German one. (Although I haven't really known the meaning of receipt, just assumed it is the same, ... )
    Interesting, I learn something new everyday.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually getting my hair cut tomorrow. I booked an appointment for the morning at our local place. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but it is for me. I think its been over a year since I last had it cut and its going to be the first time I've ventured outsife my "safe bubble" in over three weeks. Also I'm frightened they'll be judge-y becsuse I look VERY anxious and scared at the moment and I'm all pale and ill looking because I havent been eating/sleeping. :sad: Which is making my anxiety worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    I'm actually getting my hair cut tomorrow. I booked an appointment for the morning at our local place. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but it is for me. I think its been over a year since I last had it cut and its going to be the first time I've ventured outsife mu "
    Haircuts are a big deal for me too. We'll done for booking it and hope it all goes well tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm half way through my second week at University and things still seem to be going OK which must be a miracle given what I went through before I started this course. Still not made any friends to speak of but that doesn't bother me so much at the moment. I'm just trying to keep my head down and to get the work done.

Having trouble with sleep again though which is annoying. I'm meant to be asleep right now as I have an early start in the morning but I doubt that that will happen now. I guess I'll just try and do the best I can.

Hope you are all well .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    Haircuts are a big deal for me too. We'll done for booking it and hope it all goes well tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks lovely. :hugs: I'm actually at the being sick stage of anxious which is ridiculous for someone my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)

Having trouble with sleep again though which is annoying. I'm meant to be asleep right now as I have an early start in the morning but I doubt that that will happen now. I guess I'll just try and do the best I can.
    Same as me. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McNuggetsAhoy)
    Well I'm half way through my second week at University and things still seem to be going OK which must be a miracle given what I went through before I started this course. Still not made any friends to speak of but that doesn't bother me so much at the moment. I'm just trying to keep my head down and to get the work done.

Hope you are all well .
    Sounds good man. Have you joined any societies? might be an idea to help balance out the work side of things.

ReputationRep:
    feel very impulsive. very tempted to be extreme and do harmful things. lets face it this is too **** for words

ReputationRep:
    Hun let us know you're safe? :hugs:
    feel very impulsive. very tempted to be extreme and do harmful things. lets face it this is too **** for words

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: stay safe! really hope you are okay, it's awful things are so bad for you but we are all here for you if you need to talk and stuff! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Think I over exerted myself the last couple of days. Feel sick and sore and shakey again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Think I over exerted myself the last couple of days. Feel sick and sore and shakey again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: I haven't done much at all recently but i still haven't done what little i need to >_> Maybe try take it easy for a bit? Even just a day might be enough.

ReputationRep:
    Half an hour longer and then Im just getting up this is totally pointless. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Half an hour longer and then Im just getting up this is totally pointless. :cry2:
    I know how that feels :/ :hugs: Annoying how sleep is so important yet so difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    I know how that feels :/ :hugs: Annoying how sleep is so important yet so difficult.
    :hugs: for both of you!

not able to sleep myself either, just aimlessly watching telly & using my PC really

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.