Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Nope, I've decided I'm possessing your body in your quantum mechanics lectures - no objections! :P

Haha, I would probably be jumping like a little kid in a candy store if that was me!
    The phys undergrads were sayin that he has to do lectures at the university place/main lecture theatre because so many ppl turn up to them hahaha
    I'd be pretty annoyed if I didn't get a seat because some random student just wanted to see brian cox

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by rachelc142)
    Ooh what stuff dya do in Cie mech?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a combination of M1-M5
    Looks pretty interesting! I'll be starting on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be finished by early March. I really want to get Stats done by late March so I can focus on doing complete past papers though haha
    By your posts I can tell you're not loving FP2, and I can completely relate. It's a nightmare (or at least my equivalent is!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Clockwork Apple)
    It's a combination of M1-M5
    Looks pretty interesting! I'll be starting on Wednesday. Hopefully it'll be finished by early March. I really want to get Stats done by late March so I can focus on doing complete past papers though haha
    By your posts I can tell you're not loving FP2, and I can completely relate. It's a nightmare (or at least my equivalent is!)
    Jesus christ good luck man, although I'm sure you won't need it! My least favourite part of mechanics (bear in mind I only did up to m2) was centres of mass and statics. Yeah I am glad we finished stats early so I can just repeatedly do practice!
    Yeah, ugh just makes me feel so stupid, hopefully it all comes together so I can get into Manchester!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Jesus christ good luck man, although I'm sure you won't need it! My least favourite part of mechanics (bear in mind I only did up to m2) was centres of mass and statics. Yeah I am glad we finished stats early so I can just repeatedly do practice!
    Yeah, ugh just makes me feel so stupid, hopefully it all comes together so I can get into Manchester!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you haha!
    And I think I'll need it. I just want to get straight to the past papers. So you've definitely firmed Manchester, congrats! I'm having my interview at Imperial in a couple week's time, and that's my first choice!
    I really just want A levels to be over. My teachers keep telling me the first year of uni is a breeze compared to A levels!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you haha!
    And I think I'll need it. I just want to get straight to the past papers. So you've definitely firmed Manchester, congrats! I'm having my interview at Imperial in a couple week's time, and that's my first choice!
    I really just want A levels to be over. My teachers keep telling me the first year of uni is a breeze compared to A levels!
    Thanks! ooh good luck, I'm sure you'll be brill am so gutted I couldn't apply for imperial, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
    I know what you mean. I'm worried for first year uni but I am infinitely glad that pure maths is essentially over this year. The thing I'm worried about mostly at uni is the one day a week I'll have to attend lecture/seminars etc that are all in French brain ache expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks! ooh good luck, I'm sure you'll be brill am so gutted I couldn't apply for imperial, I'm sure you'll have an amazing time!
    I know what you mean. I'm worried for first year uni but I am infinitely glad that pure maths is essentially over this year. The thing I'm worried about mostly at uni is the one day a week I'll have to attend lecture/seminars etc that are all in French brain ache expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! I'll definitely need luck in my interview haha
    Oooh but learning in a different language sounds fascinating. I really hope I can learn a new language when I get to university (looking at Chinese, Russian or Hebrew).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'll definitely need luck in my interview haha
    Oooh but learning in a different language sounds fascinating. I really hope I can learn a new language when I get to university (looking at Chinese, Russian or Hebrew).
    Wow that would be cool, I did fancy Russian at one point! Yeah I have to do a certain amount of language prep per week for my year abroad but I think it will be a killer
    What alphabet does Hebrew use? It's not roman is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Wow that would be cool, I did fancy Russian at one point! Yeah I have to do a certain amount of language prep per week for my year abroad but I think it will be a killer
    What alphabet does Hebrew use? It's not roman is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope! It's simply the Hebrew alphabet. Completely different to the Roman alphabet haha. I can read and write in Hebrew, so that's a plus, and I can participate in a basic conversation

ReputationRep:
    Nope! It's simply the Hebrew alphabet. Completely different to the Roman alphabet haha. I can read and write in Hebrew, so that's a plus, and I can participate in a basic conversation
    That's so cool omg :O you will have to teach me if you become fluent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    That's so cool omg :O you will have to teach me if you become fluent

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It would be very cool to become fluent! I love languages.
    Anyway, I'm off to bed! We're an hour ahead here! Good night

ReputationRep:
    It would be very cool to become fluent! I love languages.
    Anyway, I'm off to bed! We're an hour ahead here! Good night
    and me, best of luck with everything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Are you mei? I'm doing OCR mei fp3 at the moment. Vector calculus is the devil's work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just realised I'd written vector calculus instead of vector geometry *face palm* sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Just realised I'd written vector calculus instead of vector geometry *face palm* sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm struggling with C3/C4 let alone doing Further. :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    C4 is notably harder than c3 I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C4 is notably harder than c3 I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that's a given. Trig is my biggest problem. Not a fan.

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a given. Trig is my biggest problem. Not a fan.
    Ahhh I love trig! The only thing I've found a bit tricky in c4 is probs integration

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    C4 is still pretty darned tricky though

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys ever feel stupid after something clicks and look back to yourself thinking 'how did I not get that...?'
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Do you guys ever feel stupid after something clicks and look back to yourself thinking 'how did I not get that...?'
    Definitely! I remember at the very beginning of year 12 my physics teacher was trying to teach us how to resolve forces in what has to be the most complicated way possible. After several lessons I went home and looked at it properly and suddenly thought 'oh, it's just trigonometry' and everyone got it after that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Definitely! I remember at the very beginning of year 12 my physics teacher was trying to teach us how to resolve forces in what has to be the most complicated way possible. After several lessons I went home and looked at it properly and suddenly thought 'oh, it's just trigonometry' and everyone got it after that :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah, when everything becomes second nature it's a brilliant feeling

I finish my last exam in 4 months and 1 day :cool:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.