Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    So who do you actually have that can play up front now?

An inconsistent Giroud and an injury prone Walcott?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Giroud (still better than Benteke)
    Walcott
    Sanchez
    Campbell

Very makeshift...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Giroud (still better than Benteke)
    Walcott
    Sanchez
    Campbell

Very makeshift...
    Firstly, Benteke > Giroud (I know you're bitter but don't be an idiot...)
    Secondly, neither Walcott or Sanchez are natural strikers - they clearly aren't bad in the slightest but you really needed to buy a proper striker and for a club of your stature, frankly it's an embarrassment that you didn't.

#WengerOut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Firstly, Benteke > Giroud (I know you're bitter but don't be an idiot...)
    Secondly, neither Walcott or Sanchez are natural strikers - they clearly aren't bad in the slightest but you really needed to buy a proper striker and for a club of your stature, frankly it's an embarrassment that you didn't.

#WengerOut
    Benteke is nothing special and nor is Giroud, I rate him above Benteke for his all round play.

...do you understand what makeshift means?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen that Ozil's FIFA 16 rating for passing has gone down by 1?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Benteke is nothing special and nor is Giroud, I rate him above Benteke for his all round play.

...do you understand what makeshift means?
    Benteke has 43 goals in 93 appearances in the PL.
    Giroud has 42 goals in 101 appearances in the PL.

I agree that those are similar, however when you consider that 89 of Benteke's apps were for an Aston Villa side frequently battling relegation, whereas all of Giroud's apps were for a consistently top 4 finishing Arsenal, the former is the clear superior

Maybe you should ask your own manager - you've needed a striker for years...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arch0wnz)
    Outrageous tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arch0wnz)
    (Original post by difeo)
    Outrageous tbh
    His OVR has gone up to 87 though - the same as Aguero.
    I don't think I'd be complaining if I were you....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    His OVR has gone up to 87 though - the same as Aguero.
    I don't think I'd be complaining if I were you....
    Am i complaining though? I just pointed it out.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine taking FIFA ratings so seriously that you mention them in a football forum discussing irl football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Imagine taking FIFA ratings so seriously that you mention them in a football forum discussing irl football
    Sheddy pls.
    It's clear FIFA themselves don't take them seriously if Özil is 87

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only thing worth mentioning is performance in FM saves.

ReputationRep:
    International friendlies are so dull ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    International friendlies are so dull ffs
    Even the tournaments are! Nothing beats club football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    At first I was nodding cos I though the last word said "contract".

:rofl: damn you're starting to kill me lately.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is slightly better than Benteke for me. Probably about even in terms of finishing but Giroud's all-round play is better.

If Arsene had wanted Benteke (which he would have if Benteke is so much better), he would've obviously come to us over Liverpool without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Giroud is slightly better than Benteke for me. Probably about even in terms of finishing but Giroud's all-round play is better.

If Arsene had wanted Benteke (which he would have if Benteke is so much better), he would've obviously come to us over Liverpool without a doubt.
    You say that but (as mentioned in my previous post) Benteke has a better goalscoring record, in addition to actually creating more goalscoring opportunities last season than Giroud.
    When you factor in that Giroud plays for a vastly superior side to Villa who score more goals and create more chances, i think my point speaks for itself.

Benteke would've obviously chosen Arsenal over Liverpool, but as usual Wenger didn't buy a striker when you've obviously been in need of one for a very long time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Benteke has 43 goals in 93 appearances in the PL.
    Giroud has 42 goals in 101 appearances in the PL.

I agree that those are similar, however when you consider that 89 of Benteke's apps were for an Aston Villa side frequently battling relegation, whereas all of Giroud's apps were for a consistently top 4 finishing Arsenal, the former is the clear superior

Maybe you should ask your own manager - you've needed a striker for years...
    Put Benteke in a consistently top 4 team and I'm fairly sure his goals tally won't improve, he is a battering ram and Villa, particularly under Sherwood played to that. He wouldn't suit a top 4 team.

ReputationRep:
    Why in the hell would Wenger buy Benteke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toussaint)
    Put Benteke in a consistently top 4 team and I'm fairly sure his goals tally won't improve, he is a battering ram and Villa, particularly under Sherwood played to that. He wouldn't suit a top 4 team.
    Perhaps not but you can't say that for sure.
    What we do know for a fact is that a consistently bottom half team striker has a better ratio than a consistently top 4 team striker.

Maybe his goals wouldn't increase, maybe they would. You can of course voice your opinion but the stats are clear to put Benteke ahead of Giroud as far as I can see.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anything Arsenal are the one team who needs the opposite of Giroud(aka not Benteke)

They could do with Sturridge or Lukaku

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.