Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
I agree with you. It can really help; it didn't for me, but I can understand how it can. Go you!

Thanks. Im not 100%..I have some bad moments.

I keep thinking about my ex, I've had a dream every night this week and he's in it..I'm not sleeping well too. I miss him, but I know I shouldn't and its hard.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you're on the up. that's good news! keep it going! :hugs:
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want some advice, yes im feeling better..but the depression and what i went through was such a hard time i'm scared to go off the meds, and have something bad happen to me..I'm scared to get hurt again..

when should I come off the medication?
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want to cry but I cant. I feel blank and its crap
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I want some advice, yes im feeling better..but the depression and what i went through was such a hard time i'm scared to go off the meds, and have something bad happen to me..I'm scared to get hurt again..

when should I come off the medication?
technically i believe you're supposed to stay on it for 6 months after you start to feel better.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow a final year med student? you must know EVERYTHING
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
i really dont want to stay in oxford anymore. i feel totally outcast from everything. ive got no reason to stay here and no reason to be alive.
where would you go? do you have friends/family elsewhere?
a complete change of company and surroundings might do you good, like with anna.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well i could just go home to my parents. it's only 30 miles away
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
since when could you be a doctor with a history of mental illness? I thought that prevented you from entering the profession?
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
since when could you be a doctor with a history of mental illness? I thought that prevented you from entering the profession?

I got into nursing a ok..loads of health professionals have mental illnesses, especially stress related and depression. Occy health checks us whether we're fit for pratice.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I got into nursing a ok..loads of health professionals have mental illnesses, especially stress related and depression. Occy health checks us whether we're fit for pratice.
hmmmm i'd heard different. oh well.

--------

im gona stay up all night tonigh to reset my sleep pattern- I can't think of any other way to do it and drugging myself with temazepam isn't working. Anyone likely to be around here? I might just spend it in the library since it's nice and warm in there and the college cat is likely to be snoozing there all night so I'll have some fluffy company.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmmmm i'd heard different. oh well.

--------

im gona stay up all night tonigh to reset my sleep pattern- I can't think of any other way to do it and drugging myself with temazepam isn't working. Anyone likely to be around here? I might just spend it in the library since it's nice and warm in there and the college cat is likely to be snoozing there all night so I'll have some fluffy company.

depends on how its managed, if it affects your fitness to pratice, work with patients you'll be dealt with. All NHS professionals with a new medical or mental condition get assesed by the occy health
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feeling pretty rubbish today. Had another family arguement. Sometimes I wonder why I bother going home to my parents. Every time there is an arguement with them or my sister. One thing I have learnt today is if you feel really down Don't listen to Leona Lewis - Run

Right now. I'm gonna take the train home and stop in the pub like I normally do on a sunday, and see how long it takes before someone takes the p*ss out of me for some reason or another...

:hugs: to all
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
College cat? I'm jealous. I really, really want to have a cat round here.

I might be on here tonight. Supposedly going out to a pub with my housemates tonight, but the atmosphere seems quite hostile at the moment. I'd rather just avoid everything and stay at home. I'm quite worried I've blown it with my last real group of friends.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
we have 2 in college cos the chaplain has two as well so I get to visit them. Simpkins is the college cat and wanders about sleeping everywhere warm he can get in to.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So far i've made it to Bristol and I thought I would sign on to the WWW from the delights of the Pub

Still feeling pretty low, I have a plan to get things back on track, I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to pull it off though

Hopefully I can endure my next connecting train journey without to much bother

:hugs: to all. Hope you all feel better soon
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
So far i've made it to Bristol and I thought I would sign on to the WWW from the delights of the Pub
Which pub?
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Which pub?
The Knights Templar, Next to Temple Meads Station
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eurgh, I hate this. I've managed to deal with my day by doing naff all. I've sat on my bed updating album artwork on my ipod, but then as soon as I went out of my room, I freaked out.

Had a brief text convo with Gavin which was civil and nice (just saying i hoped he had a good flight) but then I think about this week and Saturday night and I get paranoid and anxious. Really hope I can convince one of my friends to come out for dinner as I don't want to go on my own and my friend who is coming out can't eat out as she has celiacs so if I go for the meal, atm I'm on my own

Last week with my car aswell. Really sad about that

Going to the gym at 9am for the rest of my weights induction. Really nervous. Everytime I go to the gym I start off ok and then afterwards I just drop. It sucks.

Anyway...I'm going to watch a dvd with my sister now so hope everyone is ok :hugs:
LegoForEver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Mm, I bought Criminal Minds s1 before I came to uni and I'm working my way through that (haven't seen some of the earlier episodes and I'm a bit of a CM nut :p:), watched one last night when I got in. My flatmates invited me to one of the bars on campus so I said yes (I know I probably shouldn't bother, because I always end up annoyed with them/disappointed, but I always say yes...) and had an alright night... Nothing amazing though. My flatmates really confuse me.

We're (me and my proper, home mates) are trying to sort out a holiday to Turkey in Summer, I need to lose some serious weight, the other three girls are size 10s and I'm verging on a 16 after Christmas. Don't want to be like that anymore. I'm trying a diet... Never done one before but we'll see how it goes.
Good Tv shows are always the best for taking your mind of something, i've worked my way through many a box set

I have that sometimes with a certain group of friends, although I never used to have any confidence and be shy, but im gradually getting better, much better than I was a year ago.

The best way i found of loosing weight was a, changing what i eat to something more healthy rather than 'going on a diet' and set myself small goals. So rather than i want to loose X stone, i would go for i want to loose 4 pounds or something. It worked well for me and i lost quite a bit doing it that way, keeps your more motivated
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (234)
39.39%
No - but I will (40)
6.73%
No - I don't want to (43)
7.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (277)
46.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise