Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Yep, those scenes are phenomenal. The tavern scene in particular is just amazing as a way or ramping tension up and down with exceptional dialogue.

Inglourious Basterds isn't really meant to be historical though, any more than Kill Bill is meant to be feminist commentary. :p:
    The tavern scene was pretty good , Tarantino is generally quite good at building up suspence I think. But, I will try and be more open to historical rewrites in the future .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christien)
    HAHAHA. The latest episode of Shameless opens with an homage to the Seventh Seal. Getting highbrow :awesome:
    Sweet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Sweet!

The first one opened by exploring Descartes. I think it tries this sort of thing quite often. It's generally undermined by the rampant, explicit sex and drug use, but at least they're trying :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The first one opened by exploring Descartes. I think it tries this sort of thing quite often. It's generally undermined by the rampant, explicit sex and drug use, but at least they're trying :awesome:
    Tobias Funke is in an advert on 4oD...

edit: Oh, it's The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret. Gob is in it too?!

ReputationRep:
    Tobias Funke is in an advert on 4oD...

I know! I love how all they have to do to establish that David Cross' character is a giant **** is show that he loves 3D. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    I know! I love how all they have to do to establish that David Cross' character is a giant **** is show that he loves 3D. :rofl2:

Ooooooh.

Realised this when I was sitting my genetics exam, not a great time...

When I asked how did you find We - I didn't mean how you came across it - rather what is your opinion on it. I also heard the translation is clunky.
    Yeah, sometimes when reading the translated version your reaction will be similar to :K:

It's a very good piece/work in the utopian/dystopian genre. There is so much that 1984, when you've read both, takes away from it and which Orwell embeds within his novel. That said, the writing and the story can be tedious and frustrating at times. If you like the genre, then you'll like the book. You can see how it influenced the genre especially books like BNW and 1984.

(Original post by Phalanges)
    Why?
    Time will reveal all.

ReputationRep:

Ooooooh.
    Ooh, Sharon Horgan's in it as well. She was pretty good in Pulling. Looks promising...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Time will reveal all.
    Such a cocktease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Yeah, sometimes when reading the translated version your reaction will be similar to :K:

It's a very good piece/work in the utopian/dystopian genre. There is so much that 1984, when you've read both, takes away from it and which Orwell embeds within his novel. That said, the writing and the story can be tedious and frustrating at times. If you like the genre, then you'll like the book. You can see how it influenced the genre especially books like BNW and 1984.

Time will reveal all.
    Sounds sweet. Maybe I'll get round to it after exams.

ReputationRep:

Ooooooh.

I need to watch that. David Cross...Will Arnett...almost enough to make you ignore the ******* from the Inbetweeners. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, can't watch the Shameless episode. Just went through the adverts twice on 4oD (adverts on the internet, puh lease), just to end up with this:

An error has occurred trying to play the chosen item

ReputationRep:
    I just watched 'Paris, Je T'aime'. Despite some of the stories being a bit too ridiculous, I really enjoyed it. Making a film out of loads of short films is quite a good way for it to not get boring...

Also, I've watched all of Todd Margaret, and it's pretty good, but not great. It takes the whole 'unlucky guy' thing to a whole new level, which I didn't really like. I like cringey, but it just took it a bit far.

ReputationRep:
    I need to watch that. David Cross...Will Arnett...almost enough to make you ignore the ******* from the Inbetweeners. :daydreaming:
    I just read somewhere that the Inbetweeners is a similar show to Freaks & Geeks.

Freaks & Geeks is a classic, Inbetweeners is too far-fetched and overly comedic that it makes you cringe.

ReputationRep:
    I just read somewhere that the Inbetweeners is a similar show to Freaks & Geeks.

Freaks & Geeks is a classic, Inbetweeners is too far-fetched and overly comedic that it makes you cringe.

I haven't seen Freaks and Geeks.

Been meaning to give it a try, but I've had so much else to watch. :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen Freaks and Geeks.

Been meaning to give it a try, but I've had so much else to watch. :daydreaming:
    Watching The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret now.

Camera pans to:

Spoiler:
    Show

(what a monolith of an album).

*loading*

ReputationRep:

I can't believe anyone would compare those two programmes! Freaks and Geeks is amazing and I can't stand the Inbetweeners.

Such a truly terrible comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Great Movie Mistakes is on BBC3 but the host of the programme is too annoying for it to be watchable.

ReputationRep:
    The Terminator's on iPlayer. Gonna give a watch tonight, me thinks. Been meaning to check it out for ages.

ReputationRep:
    Just about to watch 500 days of summer... although I already know what happens at the end cus' I read the other thread Still, it looks like a good film and I've been watching a lot of action films recently so I need a change.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.