Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I think it will be next year Luck really goes bang. Pretty damn excited to see Tavon Austin though this dude looks mercurial...
    Quick google search tells me he's been drafted by the Rams See, this was why I was asking about the fantasy league. I don't know many players at all outside of the Colts...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here actually play American Football in the UK in the BAFA leagues?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cottam96)
    A few of us do. I used to play uni and then senior ball.

ReputationRep:
    I did but i've stopped now because I'm moving and currently recovering haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah If i remember correctly on here we have Patriots, Chargers, Seahawks, Texans, Jets, Dolphins. I swear there's others and now a Colts fan

maybe but always being beaten :ahee:
    And a Cowboy's fan over here... spare me the abuse though guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoeMaloey)
    What's wrong with the Colts?! :L Unless you're a Patriots fan... :P
    Well, to be fair, the Colts also kinda suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgFeanor)
    Well, to be fair, the Colts also kinda suck.
    Ouch haha

ReputationRep:
    there's a couple who play in the uni leagues from what I've seen (me being one of them)

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondered because I'm in my last year of 5v5 (14-17 year olds) and unsure whether to move up to 16-19

ReputationRep:
    New logo for us Patriots fans.

I like it but I still want Pat the Patriot back! :lol:

Also wonder if that means a change of kit damn it...

I just bought a ****ing Amendola one...

ReputationRep:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    That's actually a badass cover tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)

:ninja:
    Too soon haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrynaGetThePipe)
    Answer an American's question - why are the majority of the NFL followers in England Pats fans? When I went over I only saw Patriot stuff [albiet, I went in April].

also go Giants
    Probably because they have had so much recent success and naturally people support successful teams if they are gonna start off liking a team. Also, could be the fact that they have one of the most well known names in football internationally playing for them.

GO GIANTS!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bornab3)
    Probably because they have had so much recent success and naturally people support successful teams if they are gonna start off liking a team. Also, could be the fact that they have one of the most well known names in football internationally playing for them.

GO GIANTS!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Recent success is okay but we haven't won a bowl since 2004 surely Giants, Steelers would be more attractive? All I can think of is the New England, England link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoeMaloey)
    I was just wondering what this league was like/ what it entails? :P I'm quite interested in joining (and also becoming more active in this thread), but I still don't really know that much about american football. I started watching last season, but only really watched my team's games (Colts ) Just wondering how much more I'd need to know about the league to be able to participate...
    Tbh that's a really hard question to answer, there isn't really a certain knowledge level you need to have to play fantasy football besides knowing the good players and knowing some good strategy for drafting and trading, but if you don't know much of the fantasy rules I recommend you look it up and read about it, it really is awesome to play. But you're welcome to participate if you want to learn, all I ask is that you're active until the season's done because there's not much worse than carrying dead weight in the league.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I plan on playing at college/uni this year when I go, I wish there was high school (sixth form) football in England because I moved here from America a year ago and haven't played since then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Must be kidding we're all freaking stoked.
    unfortunately I've been sick lately and I haven't been able to get that excited about it.when football left LA it was tough to follow. they say the NFL's coming back to LA.then i"ll be really excited about it.

ReputationRep:
    Just got Rob Gronkowski's gloves he wore at the international series game...

So stoked!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emobambam)
    unfortunately I've been sick lately and I haven't been able to get that excited about it.when football left LA it was tough to follow. they say the NFL's coming back to LA.then i"ll be really excited about it.
    Awww hope you feel better soon!

Yeah its tough when a city loses their team. Wouldn't surprise me if LA get a team in the next two years or so.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.