Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sea Bass)
    Wow so you really have proved that GCSEs aren't everything. How your marks have improved! I'm taking Economics, is it really difficult or?
    Yup it's quite a rare occurrence though sadly . It is quite hard - if you look at my marks and think percentages 160/200 is an A, so 162/200 I just scraped an A, but still overall it isn't a bad subject to have, and the revision isn't too hard you just need to keep focused and work hard on understanding the concepts and exam technique

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone on tsr tomorrow no matter what grades you get its not the end of your life, stay motivated and you will achieve your aspirations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tingirl)
    Does anyone else's school photographer from the local paper to come along?
    So as well as worrying about the actual grades, I'll have to worry about my hair, outfit, and unattractivesuperscaredexpressio n - in case I'm caught on camera :eek: haha

Mine does.
    That's why I'm grabbing my results, and running the hell out.
    :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Since you want to do maths/statistics/econ why not pick up Further Maths instead? PS mathematics is a science
    I find it quite degrading when people talk of Maths as a Science because it makes Maths appear as if it is below Science in general, when really Maths is its own separate field/area that is closely related to Science.Maths and Further Maths are Maths,Chemistry and Biology are Science and Physics is somewhere between its like a math-science.I'm taking all 3 maths to A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sea Bass)
    What time is everyone going to bed tonight??
    Probably about 11:30 like normal, you??

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone! This will probably be my last post until after I've got my results, I hope everyone gets what they want!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marz2312)
    Thats a good idea! I wish i could but i havnt recorded them and i dont have the DVDs. I dont know how im going to sleep tonight. Just super nervous :|
    Why don't you read the books or sleep? I suggest read any book and then go to bed when you're sleepy go to bed And good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tingirl)
    Does anyone else's school photographer from the local paper to come along?
    So as well as worrying about the actual grades, I'll have to worry about my hair, outfit, and unattractivesuperscaredexpressio n - in case I'm caught on camera :eek: haha
    I'm sick of attitudes like this- why can't people just be themselves?I'm going out in my normal clothes which consist of a t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and I will not comb my hair.i haven't been out since the 3rd August so it will be a bit of fresh air.I don't go out now because I haven't got a bus pass and I have been stressing about results and I can't really be bothered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    All 3 Maths? (Maths, FM and AFM?)

Are you trying to basically say Maths is greater than the other sciences because that's not a very helpful or nice or logical opinion to have, they all have their own merits.

Yes Maths is different but it also holds stronger relationships with the other 3 sciences (especially physics) which in turn you can classify it as a science.

Btw I am arguing with someone who argues symbolic maths is the future of maths :rolleyes:
    Physics is a Maths-Science so it counts for both and that means I'm taking all 3 maths.There are others but they aren't on other at my College like Statistics and Additional Further Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I'm sick of attitudes like this- why can't people just be themselves?I'm going out in my normal clothes which consist of a t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms and I will not comb my hair.i haven't been out since the 3rd August so it will be a bit of fresh air.I don't go out now because I haven't got a bus pass and I have been stressing about results and I can't really be bothered.
    Wooaaaah, that's not healthy. That's like 3 weeks indoors...

ReputationRep:

If you're photograph is taken and you look quite unflattering, and then it gets into the newspaper (and potentially the front page) for thousands of people to see - you're going to feel self conscious. It's human nature!

ReputationRep:
    Physics is a Maths-Science so it counts for both and that means I'm taking all 3 maths.There are others but they aren't on other at my College like Statistics and Additional Further Maths.
    Boy you're gonna be disappointed with the lack of sophisticated Maths in physics A-level :holmes:. I wouldn't classify Physics as a Maths A-level, I would classify Physics as well... Physics.

M, FM and AFM are the real 3 Maths A-levels

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep that to myself if I were you.

Also, get a dog. Walk it daily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snikutsmullac)
    If you're photograph is taken and you look quite unflattering, and then it gets into the newspaper (and potentially the front page) for thousands of people to see - you're going to feel self conscious. It's human nature!
    It's also human nature to want to go outside, explore, move about etc...

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever met someone called im so academic? i think you and her would get along just fine...

ReputationRep:
    I think people are getting stressed by the nature of the posts now Just calm down haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its Andy)
    It's also human nature to want to go outside, explore, move about etc...

I agree with you, but I wasn't referring to the fact that she hasn't gone outside, I was referring to how she thinks people shouldn't worry about how they look when it is perfectly normal to worry.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you, but I wasn't referring to the fact that she hasn't gone outside, I was referring to how she thinks people shouldn't worry about how they look when it is perfectly normal to worry.
    she hahahahah

ReputationRep:
    I was pointing out that Dalek's nature is different to what people would refer to as human nature.

Maybe he isn't human?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    For some reason the Results Plus Direct webpage won't load
    Has it crashed already?:eek:
    Or is it just because of my laptop?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.