Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    He'll use him everywhere rotating with everybody in different positions. Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil all suffered burnouts because Wenger essentially played the same first 11 the whole season.

It's obvious how he's going to use him, considering how people get injured all the time.

He's staying at Barca or will be an Arsenal player.
    Ramsey should definately be rotated because he was over-used, but Ozil could potentially be pushed out wide for certain games the same way Cazorla was pushed out wide when Ozil was signed. The problem is more so having Ozil, Cesc and Ramsey on at the same time but as long as we bench one of them we could fit the other two into our system with no issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    He'll use him everywhere rotating with everybody in different positions. Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil all suffered burnouts because Wenger essentially played the same first 11 the whole season.

It's obvious how he's going to use him, considering how people get injured all the time.

He's staying at Barca or will be an Arsenal player. Wenger has got this which I'd hate to say. Chelsea can't outbid Arsenal because of the first refusal and we're not going to give Fabregas above 130k a week which would be what he'd probably ask for tbh.
    Your posts make me smile when you say he's coming Arsenal - No homo

Just hope he does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Ramsey should definately be rotated because he was over-used, but Ozil could potentially be pushed out wide for certain games the same way Cazorla was pushed out wide when Ozil was signed. The problem is more so having Ozil, Cesc and Ramsey on at the same time but as long as we bench one of them we could fit the residue into our system with no issues.
    Ozil got burnt out and was overused, he was rarely ever subbed at the start of the season. He can play out wide but his work rate in tracking back is poor. Would work vs the small teams I guess.

Cesc, Ramsey and Ozil will challenge for a spot, that's not a problem. It's not like Arteta is that great a no.6. If you told Cesc to just sit back and pass sideways and backwards I don't think he'll struggle here. Not like the Barcelona team have never played as if they have 10 Mikel artetas and Messi anyway?

Chelsea are falling into a trap and we're going to look like mugs at the end of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Pretty obvious what Arsenal need to do if they bring in Cesc...

- DM Ramsey
    --- Fabregas
    Ozil ST Walcott
    Could work, Di Maria got made into a CM so Ozil could play as an LM.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...raxler-arsenal

''Just the idea that Wenger has thought about this long and hard, listened to the arguments on all sides, and decided: "Yes, what we really need here is someone to play between the lines of the spaces between the lines," was enough to make the heart swell with a sense of all being right with the world, like hearing distant news of cancelled trains or snow chaos on the A40...

...Not that this is anything new: the age of the all‑purpose midfielder has been dawning for some time across Europe. Plus there is also variety even within Arsenal's repetitions. Alex Oxlade‑Chamberlain offers barrel‑chested incision, Santi Cazorla will keep the ball tenderly, tiptoeing around in possession like a love‑struck chihuahua in a Disney cartoon spectacular, a single crumpled rose clutched between his teeth. Mesut Özil can look like the most beautiful of ornate midfield follies. As for Lukas Podolski, I have a theory there is some terrible misunderstanding here, that he hasn't actually mustered up the courage to "come out" as a striker at Arsenal, that he turned up at training and just joined in with what everyone else was doing, like arriving in the office canteen on your first day at work and on a whim pretending to have a broad Mexican accent, and somehow finding yourself still doing it three years later.

For the neutral the most fascinating part is watching Wenger become more entrenched with age, more absolute in his hair shirt adherence to the basic tenets of Wengerball, that dream of football as a fluid, frictionless, thrillingly homogenised property, and stalking the touchline in his quilted floor-length gown with an expression of fond, tolerant disapproval. He doesn't even really seem to say much any more, he just opens his mouth and allows gobbets of fully formed Wenger-speak to come out as he nods and smiles and seems to be enjoying at one remove the absolute Wengerism of his own performance. A journalist in Australia told me Wenger went to South Africa not long ago and was asked, among other things, how he'd fancy managing Fifa's world XI for the year. Wenger paused and frowned and scratched his chin and eventually said: "Well, it would be hard to balance the books."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    http://instagram.com/p/owRTNsOJ5g/

Podolski must have been in the same squad as Alex Song for about 3 days, and has never played with Eto'o. So Poldi captions a photo of them as with his 'friends'. Also #GerCam

Poldi is like that guy who knows everyone and spends 6h each day networking with random people :laugh:
    He looks like such a nice guy though, I like how he's friendly with everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    He looks like such a nice guy though, I like how he's friendly with everyone.
    Remember when we played against RVP at Old Trafford for the first time and players like Wilshere/Sagna who'd known him for years and years were giving him the cold shoulder in the tunnel. Poldi goes out of his way to march up the tunnel and give RVP a man hug. They were in the squad together for approximately 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger could pull some srs power moves and make it seem like mou done goofed up.

this gon' be a long summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Pretty obvious what Arsenal need to do if they bring in Cesc...

- DM Ramsey
    --- Fabregas
    Ozil ST Walcott
    This is the formation that I had in mind as well, but unless we get a solid defensive midfielder I wouldn't trust this in big away games. In away games Ramsey has to start and one of Ozil/Fabregas has to be benched.

I don't have a problem pushing Ozil out wide but its obviously not his best position. Wenger signed him, put his arm around him and said "you'll be the main man for the next few years". Taking Ozil out of his best position doesn't really live up to those words, but I can personally live with it if the formation actually works.

ReputationRep:
    "I have read that Cesc can go to Chelsea, I'd rather you come to Arsenal, has given a lot to the club and I wish you well know him to be happy, you choose the club well and is comfortable." Santi

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/03/futb...401817233.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    This is the formation that I had in mind as well, but unless we get a solid defensive midfielder I wouldn't trust this in big away games. In away games Ramsey has to start and one of Ozil/Fabregas has to be benched.

I don't have a problem pushing Ozil out wide but its obviously not his best position. Wenger signed him, put his shoulder around him and said "you'll be the main man for the next few years". Taking Ozil out of his best position doesn't really live up to those words, but I can personally live with it if the formation actually works.
    You're going to have unhappy players regardless. For big matches, I'd be tempted to drop Giroud, send Walcott central and bring in Chamberlain. Not sure how it'd work but you'd surely be a threat on the counter, and more defensively solid with Chamberlain on the left. Opens up a lot of options really. Obviously the simple move would be to drop one of Ozil and Fabregas but it'd be hard to do in reality.

ReputationRep:

This is a nice picture.

ReputationRep:
    ITKs on *****er saying we're looking at Shaqiri...

ReputationRep:
    ITKs on *****er saying we're looking at Shaqiri...
    Lol. Shaqiri, Griezmann, Fabregas (possibly). When are you going to look at getting a proper DM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Endless Blue)
    Lol. Shaqiri, Griezmann, Fabregas (possibly). When are you going to look at getting a proper DM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wenger wants someone to play inbetween the lines, inbetween the lines where out CAMs play.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger wants someone to play inbetween the lines, inbetween the lines where out CAMs play.
    That doesn't really answer my question. Do you not think you need someone to replace Arteta before strengthening where you have a lot of - perhaps too many - quality players? And what kind of role does Podolski actually play for you, out of interest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you realise clubs can pursue more than one target right? they don't just have a list and tick one off at a time

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't really answer my question.
    Good luck trying to get any kind of decent reply on this thread

ReputationRep:
    I don't even think Mikel Arteta is that bad, is just his age has caught up with him. But apart from that, his 1st season with us he was very good, and second he was pretty good as well. I feel like he gets scapegoat too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    I don't even think Mikel Arteta is that bad, is just his age has caught up with him. But apart from that, his 1st season with us he was very good, and second he was pretty good as well. I feel like he gets scapegoat too much.
    1st and 2nd doesn't make up for current. Giroud was the scapegoat. Arteta was the liability

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.