Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gen. AIDEED)
    I would love to see your reaction when your land is stolen and you put under blockade in your own land, your religious places disrespected, then bombed
    I would love to see your reaction when people start firing missiles at you, and you get condemned for fighting back. Palestine can simply stop attacking Israel if they want and stop these bombings. I don't condone Israel (I sort of condem them), but I condem Hamas a hell of a lot more since they are deliberately causing Israel to attack civilian targets.

Also it is interesting how you didn't reply to my other post explaining why your statistics on the civilian casualty rate didn't show any evidence of deliberate targeting of civilians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    I would love to see your reaction when people start firing missiles at you, and you get condemned for fighting back. Palestine can simply stop attacking Israel if they want and stop these bombings. I don't condone Israel (I sort of condem them), but I condem Hamas a hell of a lot more since they are deliberately causing Israel to attack civilian targets.

Also it is interesting how you didn't reply to my other post explaining why your statistics on the civilian casualty rate didn't show any evidence of deliberate targeting of civilians.
    Lol thats like me stealing your house then expect you not to fight back

ReputationRep:
    Lol thats like me stealing your house then expect you not to fight back
    That is a very dishonest comparison to the Israel situation. Where or not it was wrong to initially take land from the area of Israel does not matter, it has already been done and we cannot undo that. Giving the land to Palestine now would displace every Jew in Israel, and destroy one of the most progressive countries in the middle east. Much of the land which was taken after that was taken through legitimate wars. Muslims of all people cannot complain about that because it is the same tactic used by Muhammad. Remember that Egypt, Jordan and Syria all tried to destroy Israel, so they took more land for strategic purposes.

ReputationRep:
    I would love to see your reaction when your land is stolen and you put under blockade in your own land, your religious places disrespected, then bombed
    As if that's happened to you personally anyway...
    The terrorists are to blame, it's the only way to get the terrorists to stop, and the civilians in palestine are far less innocent than Israeli civilians. What do you expect Israel to do in this situation? just let these people try and kill innocent Israeli's.
    Same thing hapened in Nazi Germany, in Japan, in Iraq, all because the stupid leaders started something they would obviously be the losers of eventually. There is no defending terrorism and thats what Palestine is

ReputationRep:
    That is a very dishonest comparison to the Israel situation. Where or not it was wrong to initially take land from the area of Israel does not matter, it has already been done and we cannot undo that. Giving the land to Palestine now would displace every Jew in Israel, and destroy one of the most progressive countries in the middle east. Much of the land which was taken after that was taken through legitimate wars. Muslims of all people cannot complain about that because it is the same tactic used by Muhammad. Remember that Egypt, Jordan and Syria all tried to destroy Israel, so they took more land for strategic purposes.
    Well then I hope Hamas win a war and get their land back

ReputationRep:
    Well then I hope Hamas win a war and get their land back
    If they do they will slaugher the population of Israel, it's part of their ideology to kill Jews. Do you want that?

This would be millions of deaths, not the 2000 we see in Palestine btw so don't bother trying to compare that to what happens now. it would also be deliberate targeting of civilians, so cold blooded murder.

ReputationRep:
    Why are we only limited to making a post about this conflict in this thread? Why can't I make my own thread concerning this topic, the mod and creator of this forum is abusing my right to make my own threads dammit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infexiz)
    Wow I can't believe you support Nazi v2 Isreael. You're the real terrorist. you support terrorism and you are a real terrorist. You terrorist supporter...
    Do you support Hamas, whos charter says they want to destroy Israel and slaughter jews?

Comparing Nazi Germany to Israel is stupid, if Israel was anything like Nazi Germany we would have seen very different action from them. The numbers they are killing are consistent with similar warfare in urban enviroments.

ReputationRep:
    Do you support Hamas, whos charter says they want to destroy Israel and slaughter jews?

Comparing Nazi Germany to Israel is stupid, if Israel was anything like Nazi Germany we would have seen very different action from them. The numbers they are killing are consistent with similar warfare in urban enviroments.
    Israel is, for now, the most freedom-restricting and discriminating state on the earth and quite ironically so.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be dodging the issue. That land was never Israels to begin with. Nothing in this tangible physical universe gives Israel a right to that land.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R£SP£CT)
    You seem to be dodging the issue. That land was never Israels to begin with.
    What are you talking about? Where do you think Jews come from? China? What is the etymology of Jerusalem? Is it an Arabic word?

Who do you think King Solomon was? A Roman emperor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    Israel is, for now, the most freedom-restricting and discriminating state on the earth and quite ironically so.
    You dodged the question. Do you support Hamas?

And the claim Israel is the most freedom-resitrcting and discriminating state on earth is absurd (I suppose you've never heard of North Korea).

Muslims in Israel are more free than Muslims in almost the entire Muslim world. They have the vote. They have freedom of speech. They aren't murdered for being gay.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTruthTeller)
    Why are we only limited to making a post about this conflict in this thread? Why can't I make my own thread concerning this topic, the mod and creator of this forum is abusing my right to make my own threads dammit
    It is so the forum stays tidy. Threads about this topic tend to end in the same debates regardless of original subject. If you wish to question this further then please post in AAM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_guns)
    What are you talking about? Where do you think Jews come from? China? What is the etymology of Jerusalem? Is it an Arabic word?

Who do you think King Solomon was? A Roman emperor?
    I'm referring to the modern zionist state.
    I know full well about the history of Jewish people and their roots in ancient history.

ReputationRep:
    I know full well about the history of Jewish people and their roots in ancient history.
    The Zionist state created by Jews? The same Jews who are from Israel/Palestine but who were forced out by successive waves of Roman/Persian/Arab victimisation?

I don't see on what basis it can be claimed they lost their right to their ancient land

ReputationRep:
    Also, on what basis do you believe Arab Palestinians have the right to forcibly govern over Jews in Israel/Palestians? In the original UN settlement, the Israeli state was assigned Jewish majority areas.

On what basis should the Arab Palestinians forcibly govern over people who want to have an independent government and exercise self-determination?

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be dodging the issue. That land was never Israels to begin with. Nothing in this tangible physical universe gives Israel a right to that land.
    It happened too long ago for that to matter now. What solution do you propose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolasinac138)
    Are you being serious?

It is far more free than the rest of the middle east, China, North Korea, much of Africa, South America and Russia.

ReputationRep:
    The Zionist state created by Jews? The same Jews who are from Israel/Palestine but who were forced out by successive waves of Roman/Persian/Arab victimisation?

I don't see on what basis it can be claimed they lost their right to their ancient land
    Erm yeh? Babylonian and Roman armies were responsible for the resulting diaspora of Jewish communities, not modern day Arab farmers who in the history prior to Israel lived in those lands.

ReputationRep:
    Also, on what basis do you believe Arab Palestinians have the right to forcibly govern over Jews in Israel/Palestians? In the original UN settlement, the Israeli state was assigned Jewish majority areas.

On what basis should the Arab Palestinians forcibly govern over people who want to have an independent government and exercise self-determination?
    No one has the right to forcibly govern anyone. Israel did this, with the help of the British, to the Arabs. And they do so currently today. The conception of Israel pre-dated the birth of the UN. So that's all redundant.

Arab Palestinians will not and do not want to forcibly govern anyone. They're enraged as quite simply they lost majority of their lands to Israeli occupation or wars.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.