Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    can today be cancelled? please and thank you? :emo:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: to everyone.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. Got my mice coming on Sunday, my textiles class this afternoon and a fun evening ahead of me too. All that and a cup of coffee. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: to everyone.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning. Got my mice coming on Sunday, my textiles class this afternoon and a fun evening ahead of me too. All that and a cup of coffee. :proud:
    :woo: for feeling good

what're you doing in your textiles class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Half an hour longer and then Im just getting up this is totally pointless. :cry2:

(Original post by Meaty_man)
    I know how that feels :/ :hugs: Annoying how sleep is so important yet so difficult.
    Do you guys know the reason why you find it so hard to sleep? I am having the same problem :sad:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hun let us know you're safe? :hugs:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :hugs: stay safe! really hope you are okay, it's awful things are so bad for you but we are all here for you if you need to talk and stuff! :hugs:
    thanks. wont say too much on here but yeah. not a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    :woo: for feeling good

what're you doing in your textiles class?

Experimental weaving!

ReputationRep:

Experimental weaving!
    oooo, sounds fun is it at a local college then or?

ReputationRep:
    Feel like a failure, already missed 2 lectures because I'm scared that people are watching me! What on earth am I going to do?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't go to my morning lecture, I feel so ill my throat hurts and my stomach feels all weird and now im angry and disappointed at myself for not powering through and going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    oooo, sounds fun is it at a local college then or?
    It's at a place called Start in Salford - they do arts on prescription courses where you do six weeks at a time of all different activities. So far I've done art (didn't get on with it, not artistic enough ), willow weaving (made a basket!), bag making and now textiles. It's really awesome and all totally free!

(Original post by alexyyyy)
    Feel like a failure, already missed 2 lectures because I'm scared that people are watching me! What on earth am I going to do?
    :console: You can always sit at the back of the room, if that would help? You can also get your disability support office to tell lecturers not to make a fuss if you suddenly leave the room.

And don't feel like a failure - think how many people will have missed those lectures just cos they've been hungover! You've got a proper reason, and hopefully you're going to do something about it, so try not to feel bad about it. :console:

(Original post by Odd socks)
    Didn't go to my morning lecture, I feel so ill my throat hurts and my stomach feels all weird and now im angry and disappointed at myself for not powering through and going

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: If you wouldn't have been able to concentrate or take notes then you won't have missed much. :nah: Take some time to look after yourself, so that you'll be well enough to go to future lectures instead.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so there was an issue of somesorts, and they cant do today.:sad: BUT I phoned them back! :gasp: :eek3: And I have a new appointment for tomorrow morning.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Big hugs for all those feeling ill, and those who didn't get much sleep :grouphugs:

Okay, so there was an issue of somesorts, and they cant do today.:sad: BUT I phoned them back! :gasp: :eek3: And I have a new appointment for tomorrow morning.
    Well done lovely! I hate phoning people :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Do you guys know the reason why you find it so hard to sleep? I am having the same problem :sad:

:hugs:
    For me its when things are really bothering me- (I know exactly what, just not going to go into detail on here)

ReputationRep:
    It's at a place called Start in Salford - they do arts on prescription courses where you do six weeks at a time of all different activities. So far I've done art (didn't get on with it, not artistic enough ), willow weaving (made a basket!), bag making and now textiles. It's really awesome and all totally free!
    ohhh, sounds amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Went to bed feeling pretty ok, woke up feeling terrible- it feels like certain things are torturing me and I have limited distractions :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    For me its when things are really bothering me- (I know exactly what, just not going to go into detail on here)
    That's fine.

And yeah I am pretty much the same, but it is having such an effect on me it's not good at all. I don't know what to do :/

ReputationRep:
    ohhh, sounds amazing!
    Yeah, it's really good - I'd recommend it to anyone with something similar in their area, I hadn't heard of it before but I was referred by my GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Big hugs for all those feeling ill, and those who didn't get much sleep :grouphugs:

Well done lovely! I hate phoning people :afraid:
    Thank you. Not going to lie- it was horrible. But I'm taking it as a test- God seems to want me to phone people as often as possible at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    That's fine.

And yeah I am pretty much the same, but it is having such an effect on me it's not good at all. I don't know what to do :/
    Hope you can find something which works. My thoughts are taking over me atm too, although I am at least able to sleep, just not as much as before this 'episode' started.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Just saying the opposite of everything I'd told them - if I'd said I was at constant risk of 'x' they'd say 'Wolfie is at no risk of 'x''. Or if I had 'y' and 'z' self care needs they'd say I didn't have them either. Then even weirder, they'd stick in one random thing that I'd never claimed, but they'd assert that I did have that problem! My DLA claim letters read like they're written by a particularly obtuse five-year-old.
    Ah that sucks, sorry to hear it :/

Were you awarded anything?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.