Coman confirming he is the next great attacker
That's Martial

#GoldenBoy
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Gets to the hard truth of why we aren't a top side though, and why a player like DDG wins our POTY with ease. Team for the most part is substandard quality compared to the competition.

I think the whole Herrera v Mata thing emphasises why Mata was stuck out on the wing for so long. You need a industrious midfield two behind him to make up for his lack of work rate and physicality. That being said, we don't have anyone who can match his quality and vision on the ball in the final third. Considering the pace of our play, kind of surprised we haven't seen Basti tested there actually, Pep did on occasion, but he proved ill suited to high tempo play.

Thiago is such a player though, painful to think we came anywhere near close to signing him.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
Pep fraud confirmed
(Original post by Mo De Lemone)
Bayern are getting destroyed. It'd be hilarious if City with Pellers got further than Pep
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
Also, dayummmmmmm Bayern going out the CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok M8's
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Basti as a stiff #10 will happen at some point

Tbh, I was expecting the passing to be quicker in the Bayern video
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Tbh, I was expecting the passing to be quicker in the Bayern video
I'm sure they're very sorry.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As if Fellaini didn't get banned for the elbow on Can. That being said, I'd prefer him not to be banned anyway

Bricking it about tonight tbh. A lot of pressure on us and it would be all too typical for us to crumble and let you win 2-0 to take to ET. That being said, we're a much better side than you at the moment so although I doubt we'll win at OT, I'd be very disappointed if we lost by a 2 goal margin.
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Shout out to PSG for trying to make Ligue I even more of a foregone conclusion than it already is.

Apparently they are after Martial and Pogba, and will try to offload Cavani to United for the former.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
As if Fellaini didn't get banned for the elbow on Can. That being said, I'd prefer him not to be banned anyway

Bricking it about tonight tbh. A lot of pressure on us and it would be all too typical for us to crumble and let you win 2-0 to take to ET. That being said, we're a much better side than you at the moment so although I doubt we'll win at OT, I'd be very disappointed if we lost by a 2 goal margin.
There really isn't a lot of pressure on you, it's on us.

The most likely route to the next round for us would be to score 2 goals without reply and win on penalties. (Shutting you out for 120 mins is unlikely in itself.)
The next most likely route would be for us to score 3 goals without reply. (Even more unlikely that we'll be able to score 3 AND shut you out for 90 or 120 mins.)
But if you score just 1 goal then we'll need to score 4 without the possibility of extra time. (Just insanely unlikely)

If you simply get one goal, which shouldn't be a problem for you, then that's the tie over.

You should relax knowing that Liverpool are likely going to progress. I doubt you'd bottle the opportunity. If you somehow manage to bottle it though, I'd advise you to leave this thread for a few days because you won't enjoy the party. :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you'll go through tbh.
AsandaLFC
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
SCUMS 1 - 3 LIVERPOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
SA-1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
SCUMS 1 - 3 LIVERPOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do Tottenham play Liverpool?

Posted from TSR Mobile
samir12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Apparently Blind and Herrera are not in the squad today?
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
There really isn't a lot of pressure on you, it's on us.

The most likely route to the next round for us would be to score 2 goals without reply and win on penalties. (Shutting you out for 120 mins is unlikely in itself.)
The next most likely route would be for us to score 3 goals without reply. (Even more unlikely that we'll be able to score 3 AND shut you out for 90 or 120 mins.)
But if you score just 1 goal then we'll need to score 4 without the possibility of extra time. (Just insanely unlikely)

If you simply get one goal, which shouldn't be a problem for you, then that's the tie over.

You should relax knowing that Liverpool are likely going to progress. I doubt you'd bottle the opportunity. If you somehow manage to bottle it though, I'd advise you to leave this thread for a few days because you won't enjoy the party. :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I agree - logically you shouldn't have a chance but this is United at Old Trafford.
Perhaps the worst side I've ever seen but still Manchester United.

All we have to do is score 1 goal. So why do I feel so pessimistic about it?
Maybe it's just a defensive mindset in case we do actually bottle it. I'd be absolutely gutted if we went out, especially if we conceded some dodgy goals.

Regardless, it's great to see two fierce rivals go against each other in Europe, even if we aren't what we used to be.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samir12)
Apparently Blind and Herrera are not in the squad today?
Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Blood in the air tonight
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AsandaLFC)
SCUMS 1 - 3 LIVERPOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bring it on you scouse B*****ds!
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wouldn't be surprised to see Fellaini starting again. I get the impression he will be.
qasidb
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
United: De Gea, Varela, Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Carrick, Fellaini, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford #mufc

Subs: Romero, Darmian, Valencia, Williams, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Memphis #mufc

Carrick and Fellaini together while Schneiderlin's on the the bench and Herrera's not even in the squad.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (8)
20.51%
Labour (17)
43.59%
Liberal Democrats (6)
15.38%
Green Party (1)
2.56%
Brexit Party (1)
2.56%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
5.13%
Plaid Cymru (1)
2.56%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)