Turn on thread page Beta

Anime Soc Chat XIV: where bad memes come to die watch

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Interesting. Quite a dark plot - nothing wrong with that of course, if executed properly.

Bearing in mind that kagutsuchi is the bringer of death, I think destruction - as you've probably implied - will have to be quite an important theme.

In all honesty, i tried reading your post but my eyes quite blurrifying the words... :tongue:
    Ye it's the sort of thing that you need to paste into word, make bigger (or smaller depending on your brain) and read in the morning :p: but please read :sad:

And yes ultimately Kagutsuchi is the bringer of death and destruction...but the idea is to bring about this outcome in a way that is morally grey...lots of events will happen before and during the 'reign of terror'...so it's not just big robot smash small people...but something that makes sense in that context for anyone having an off day perhaps...but definitely the aim is to make the viewer think and question...
    Also I don't want said reign of terror to be confined to the last couple of episodes...there needs to be a transition from happy and lovely to dark and complex...but we need a good dose.

ReputationRep:
    six episodes left in my crazy backlog! I've made significant progress today :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    More like we're inside rep traders :yep:
    That's not our intention though. :nah: I rep you, aiko, jeh etc. because I like you lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraniel)
    six episodes left in my crazy backlog! I've made significant progress today :proud:
    Cara :poke: How many were there in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    :huff:how nice for you

ReputationRep:
    That's not our intention though. :nah: I rep you, aiko, jeh etc. because I like you lot.
    Yep, that's why we hang around here

We're all in on the scam for mutual benefit though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Ye it's the sort of thing that you need to paste into word, make bigger (or smaller depending on your brain) and read in the morning :p: but please read :sad:

And yes ultimately Kagutsuchi is the bringer of death and destruction...but the idea is to bring about this outcome in a way that is morally grey...lots of events will happen before and during the 'reign of terror'...so it's not just big robot smash small people...but something that makes sense in that context for anyone having an off day perhaps...but definitely the aim is to make the viewer think and question...
    Also I don't want said reign of terror to be confined to the last couple of episodes...there needs to be a transition from happy and lovely to dark and complex...but we need a good dose.
    Oh i'd be fine with reading it like this if my eyes weren't so bloodshot. ^.^

The transition needs to be closely monitored. I don't even think we need one. Throw the audience in the darkness and show brief glimpses of what was once was, and what could have been. Fate would also be quite a big theme in this anime - the inability to escape inevitability and the focus on the insignificance of life. Highly subjective though that may be.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Only if I'm assigned an evil role :red: :puppyeyes:
    No liquid you're my clutz although you've just given me an idea for an evil klutz :eek: it's just not mecha-compatible...and I suddenly remember why I liked Nekozawa from OHHC...*another idea forms*

Ideas always form :emo:

Although I'd be afraid if they didn't

ReputationRep:
    Cara :poke: How many were there in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :huff:how nice for you
    isnt it!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    No liquid you're my clutz although you've just given me an idea for an evil klutz :eek: it's just not mecha-compatible...and I suddenly remember why I liked Nekozawa from OHHC...*another idea forms*

Ideas always form :emo:

Although I'd be afraid if they didn't
    :hmpf:

Wait, that's not too bad. On the condition that it involves cheesy romance scenes, I'm in :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    isnt it!?
    but you neglect this place :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I commend you :congrats: Most I've watched in one day is 10 I think.

I also commend you for proving me wrong. THAT is the creepiest avatar EVER.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Oh i'd be fine with reading it like this if my eyes weren't so bloodshot. ^.^

The transition needs to be closely monitored. I don't even think we need one. Throw the audience in the darkness and show brief glimpses of what was once was, and what could have been. Fate would also be quite a big theme in this anime - the inability to escape inevitability and the focus on the insignificance of life. Highly subjective though that may be.
    Kagu we're on the same wavelength :p: awesome...although I like the sound of there being a happier vibe to start off with...maybe just for the first half of the first episode...the lulling could be a good device to really drag the viewers down into the darkness with the series and the main character...an initial shock just to let them know something bad could happen at any moment, to them, their friends, someone good...maybe a subtly soothing piece of music to accompany that...but something that could easily be altered to become eerie...Cooro would be great at that I reckon
    edit: I see that grey/purple tone for the first scene...you're place of work is grubby and depressing, yet somehow beautiful...in a sad kind of way...but somewhere where there's a lot of 'characters' if you get what I mean

ReputationRep:

Wait, that's not too bad. On the condition that it involves cheesy romance scenes, I'm in :mmm:
    *imagines cheesy romance, that is romance but with cheese everywhere*:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    but you neglect this place :sad:
    No one misses me, tis OK :emog:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Of course :giggle: what kind of evil klutz doesn't exist in a world full of cheesey romance :dontknow:

And mother :eek: I'm still in awe of your anime viewing power... :emo:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    *imagines cheesy romance, that is romance but with cheese everywhere*:lolwut:
    :puke: that stuff is going nowhere near me or my imagination

ReputationRep:
    No one misses me, tis OK :emog:
    :emo: you just denied my existance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Of course :giggle: what kind of evil klutz doesn't exist in a world full of cheesey romance :dontknow:
    It's gonna be AWKWARD :mmm:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.