Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Who was it that said before about audits (I think Jamie?) that it's not worth being a data collection donkey for an audit - it's only worthwhile if you actually were important in it - is that true?
    Yes and no.

You get points for audit. Maximum points for designings, completing, improving, repeating and closing the loop on your own. Less points for every bit of that you miss out.

However, if you can show involvement in a range of audit projects, as well has having one or two of your own - you're on a winner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    What about Canada? Or is that pretty much just like the US? I think Aus is probably top of my list at the moment. Any idea what kind of thing you want to do?
    I did my final year elective at McGill. It was great, they treat you differently as a medical student there. Much more responsibility, much more part of the team. Sounds like it's very similar to what digitalis is talking about in the US but without some of the issues regarding private health. They are quite anal about paperwork which is annoying but well worth it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I can see that broad learning objectives are going to be the absolute bane of my life...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    I can see that broad learning objectives are going to be the absolute bane of my life...
    No, "what health professionals are involved in the care of haematological patients" and "discuss the psycho-social effects of x on the patient/family/society" will be the banes of your life :p:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the BMA usually sends the Student BMJ to term time addresses or home addresses?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    No, "what health professionals are involved in the care of haematological patients" and "discuss the psycho-social effects of x on the patient/family/society" will be the banes of your life :p:

I wish that wasn't true but it is..

Current LO for PBL on burns.. "What are the social issues affecting teen parents, including child abuse/protection?"

Spoiler:
    Show

*insert one line answer, make up some **** at the PBL session*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)

I wish that wasn't true but it is..

Current LO for PBL on burns.. "What are the social issues affecting teen parents, including child abuse/protection?"

Spoiler:
    Show

*insert one line answer, make up some **** at the PBL session*
    I've done my PBL :smug:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a moist feeling)
    I've done my PBL :smug:
    I'm feeling productive today so will get it done.. honest

Your productivity worries me :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling productive today so will get it done.. honest

Your productivity worries me :sigh:
    I have nothing in the tank today though. Going to sleep after 5am just is not good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by planetconwy1)
    Does anyone know if the BMA usually sends the Student BMJ to term time addresses or home addresses?
    If you haven't got any student BMJs yet this year, go on the BMA website, log in and you can check your personal details. There only seems to be space for one address in there, if it's not your uni address you can change it and you should start getting your sBMJ in the right place.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a moist feeling)
    I have nothing in the tank today though. Going to sleep after 5am just is not good
    Your body clock is seriously messed up :erm:

A certain lady keeping you awake again?

Bet you won't be asleep until like 3am at least tonight again as well

ReputationRep:
    Failed an eDrug calculation test. It seems I've forgotten how to do basic arithmetic. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Your body clock is seriously messed up :erm:

A certain lady keeping you awake again?

Bet you won't be asleep until like 3am at least tonight again as well
    Yup my body clock is just screwed

I will not dignify that with a response :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Yes and no.

You get points for audit. Maximum points for designings, completing, improving, repeating and closing the loop on your own. Less points for every bit of that you miss out.

However, if you can show involvement in a range of audit projects, as well has having one or two of your own - you're on a winner.
    Ah. Damn. :p: I have none . But I think it would be a bit weird to go round asking every A&E department I go to if they've got an audit on?

Also lol @ TSR advertising St Georges University medical school to me (not the one in the UK the one in the caribbean or wherever it is...

I feel a bit scared at the moment in A&E as basically I see the patients and then the reg does a quick check of the history and examination and then discharges :/ :/ :/
    I'm sure I'm gonna kill someone, wtf do I know about medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)

You will learn that they are not all they seem and will soon learn to do workus minimus! Unless your super keen.....

I have this assignment to write and im not sure i dont give a crap quite cuts it.
    • PS Helper

So I'm doing a library project SSC at the moment, it's so much harder than it seems! Apparently we need to show evidence of critical evlauation. Does anyone have any idea what this means? I presume just discussing the evidence presented and say what's good/bad about it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billet-doux)
    So I'm doing a library project SSC at the moment, it's so much harder than it seems! Apparently we need to show evidence of critical evlauation. Does anyone have any idea what this means? I presume just discussing the evidence presented and say what's good/bad about it?!
    I would say critical evaluation would be a critical appraisal of a paper. There are guides online (www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/.../What_is_critical_appraisal.pdf) showing you how to appraise a paper. It's like you critique the sample size, the method of the research (randomized or not), comment on the results, was there bias, etc. Not sure if this is what your school is looking for when they say "critical evaluation". If it was me, I would assume that's what they are looking for but obviously a shortened/brief few sentences about it vs. a whole essay on one paper.

ReputationRep:
    What happens with we graduate and don't like the job?

Suddenly realised that 18-year old me wasn't that smart after all; choosing a six year vocational degree on the hopes I might enjoy the subject/job? yeeeeeh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    What happens with we graduate and don't like the job?

Suddenly realised that 18-year old me wasn't that smart after all; choosing a six year vocational degree on the hopes I might enjoy the subject/job? yeeeeeh
    Arn't you on your Bsc Year?

What has made you so disillusioned with it? You can go and get a job doing something else if you really have fallen out of love with it.

ReputationRep:
    Final anatomy exam of medical school tomorrow woooo

(providing I don't go on to resit it...)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.