Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For those of you that missed it on Sky Sports, Football's Greatest Dennis Bergkamp edition. Great watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    Good luck trying to get any kind of decent reply on this thread
    :rofl:

Also has everyone just gone pyscho recently? Like people will post something one minute then contradict themselves 5 minutes later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pique_LOL)
    :rofl:

Also has everyone just gone pyscho recently? Like people will post something one minute then contradict themselves 5 minutes later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    FKLW?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    FKLW?
    Who?

Also if you guys signed Fabregas would you change formation?

DM Ramsey
    Fabregas
    Ozil LW
    ST

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    FKLW?
    My thoughts exactly.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ack-at-arsenal

Let's hope at this World Cup, SANTI forces an Arsenal shirt on Fabregas like they Pique did to him in 2010

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ack-at-arsenal

Let's hope at this World Cup, SANTI forces an Arsenal shirt on Fabregas like they Pique did to him in 2010
    As nice as it would be to have Fabregas back, and as sickening it will be to see him a Chelsea kit, we don't need him. There's no point in spending £30m on a player not needed. Had Wenger bought a striker last year and not Ozil, then Fabregas return would almost have been a certainty. But we have Ozil and Ramsey. And there's no shifting Ramsey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So if Real want to buy Suarez. We should totes get Benzema

Benzema
    Griezeman Ozil Walcott
    Ramsey DM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    So if Real want to buy Suarez. We should totes get Benzema

Benzema
    Griezeman Ozil Walcott
    Ramsey DM
    If Real get Suarez,Benzema might go the other way tbf. As for wingers, why not The Ox at LW? I personally love the kid and he offers everything we want in a winger; pace, trickery and ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    As nice as it would be to have Fabregas back, and as sickening it will be to see him a Chelsea kit, we don't need him. There's no point in spending £30m on a player not needed. Had Wenger bought a striker last year and not Ozil, then Fabregas return would almost have been a certainty. But we have Ozil and Ramsey. And there's no shifting Ramsey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When everyone is injured by December and Flamini and Arteta are starting games together don't get mad.

We need depth, Cesc would add depth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    If Real get Suarez,Benzema might go the other way tbf. As for wingers, why not The Ox at LW? I personally love the kid and he offers everything we want in a winger; pace, trickery and ability.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As much as I love the Ox I love Walcott even more. Theo's spent too much time to get to where he is now and tbh I wouldn't say Ox has overtaken Theo yet anyway so he deserves to start. Obviously both could rotate for the spot.

I think Theo offers more pace. Maybe not as much trickery but he's certainly more clinical in the box. Ox will get his time soon

ReputationRep:

oh merty you

ReputationRep:
    Ox> theo. The only advantage theo has is that he's more defensively astute, mature and doesn't get frustrated easily.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wouldn't say so bro. Last season, like every other season, we are often blessed with so many injuries in so many key areas. Do you remember the time when Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Rocisky and Walcott were all out at the same time? During that crucial period aswell! With the intensity that we play and train with, I think we definately need Fabregas. I've said this earlier too, there is absolutely no harm in having world class depth.

With Fabregas, Ozil can be given a breather, so can Cazorla and Ramsey & Fabregas' versatility will allow him to play in a lot of areas. We have the funds, so I see abosultely no reason why we can't spend £30m on him, and still pursue our other targets.

On the other hand, would you rather see this:-

Courtios

Ivanovic Cahill Luiz Azpilicueta

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Or, would you rather want:-

Sczcensy

Aurier Merta Kosc Gibbs

DM Ramsey

Walcott Ozil/Fabregas Santi/Pod

Giroud/New striker

Obviously, with the amount of football we play and with the injuries we get, there will be room for rotation too

I think we do need Fabregas, and if we don't get him, and he goes elsewhere I'll cry

ReputationRep:
    Former Germany midfielder Michael Ballack is concerned that Mesut Ozil has lost his way since joining Arsenal last year.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ballack, who played for Germany in the 2002 and 2006 World Cup final tournaments, believes his compatriot is not in the best of shape mentally ahead of this year's finals in Brazil.

And the ex-Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen player is worried that the £42.5m Gunners' signing from 2013 is currently underachieving.

Ballack told the Daily Mail: "It's difficult to say where his head is going to be at the World Cup.

"I saw him play for the national team at the weekend and I was not surprised, not scared, but a little bit concerned, by his performances.

"He has done well for Germany and he played well during the qualifying campaign but in the last few months - since his move to Arsenal - he has not been the same player, in terms of his confidence, that we used to see in the national team.

"I don't know whether the Arsenal move has affected him because he was untouchable and in Germany we still expect him to be one of our best players.

"But he is not a leader on the pitch like a captain. He is now at an age where he is no longer a young talent or a promising player.

"He is a fantastic player who still has to find his role and his responsibility for the team. When he was criticised for his performances, he looked surprised, he looked lost.

"As one of our best players he has to take more responsibility, and we expect more from him at the moment.

"Arsenal is such a big club and a move like that can make a big impact. But sometimes he looks as if he carries too much on his shoulders."

#Flop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    apparently we want to sign german national team fitness coach, not sure on reliability of source tho;
    http://goonertalk.com/2014/06/04/ars...national-team/

ReputationRep:
    Cesc is just as likely to get injured like everyone else. His record at Barca isn't pristine so you can't blame it on our medical incompetence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Former Germany midfielder Michael Ballack is concerned that Mesut Ozil has lost his way since joining Arsenal last year.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ballack, who played for Germany in the 2002 and 2006 World Cup final tournaments, believes his compatriot is not in the best of shape mentally ahead of this year's finals in Brazil.

And the ex-Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen player is worried that the £42.5m Gunners' signing from 2013 is currently underachieving.

Ballack told the Daily Mail: "It's difficult to say where his head is going to be at the World Cup.

"I saw him play for the national team at the weekend and I was not surprised, not scared, but a little bit concerned, by his performances.

"He has done well for Germany and he played well during the qualifying campaign but in the last few months - since his move to Arsenal - he has not been the same player, in terms of his confidence, that we used to see in the national team.

"I don't know whether the Arsenal move has affected him because he was untouchable and in Germany we still expect him to be one of our best players.

"But he is not a leader on the pitch like a captain. He is now at an age where he is no longer a young talent or a promising player.

"He is a fantastic player who still has to find his role and his responsibility for the team. When he was criticised for his performances, he looked surprised, he looked lost.

"As one of our best players he has to take more responsibility, and we expect more from him at the moment.

"Arsenal is such a big club and a move like that can make a big impact. But sometimes he looks as if he carries too much on his shoulders."

#Flop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    k?

Current Germain star Mario Gotze says Ozil needs time, and shall reach greater heights at Arsenal.

I'll get you the source after breakfast.

#hater

Edit: not just him, Schweinstiger and other German players too.

#hater :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    apparently we want to sign german national team fitness coach, not sure on reliability of source tho;
    http://goonertalk.com/2014/06/04/ars...national-team/
    That would be fantastic. I hope he signs and I hope he gets the freedom to make changes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    k?

Current Germain star Mario Gotze says Ozil needs time, and shall reach greater heights at Arsenal.

I'll get you the source after breakfast.

#hater

Edit: not just him, Schweinstiger and other German players too.

#hater :eek:
    He's an excellent player and certainly not a flop, but Ballack has a point - he seems to lose his head a bit sometimes, most notably when he missed the penalty at home to Bayern and away at Man City. When things aren't going right, he seems to sulk a bit rather than try hard to bounce back.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.