Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XXIV Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itssimplyme)
    Tips for freshers :lol: courtesy of some guy on the Warwick freshers page!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hadouken’s 16 top tips for starting Uni life.
    1. Do not mention your ****ing gap year.
    2. Break up with your school boyfriend or girlfriend RIGHT NOW. This will save the money spent on bi-weekly train tickets home and let you indulge in the low-hanging fruits of Freshers Week guilt-free.
    3. Do not panic after the first week when you realise the friends you’ve made are a shower of ****ers with whom you have nothing in common. In the panic of Freshers Week you’ve befriended the people who were randomly assigned rooms on the same corridor as you, statistically they were always likely to be morons. Dump them and go find some good people with similar interests, you’re likely to be stuck with your uni friends for the rest of your life so find some good ones.
    4. This is your chance to completely reinvent yourself and leave your boring **** life behind forever. Carefully craft an intricate web of lies about yourself or just make it up as you go along, you will be amazed what you can make people believe.
    5. Avoid anyone who starts or finishes sentences with the word ‘mmmaaaate.’
    6. Do not, at any stage, talk about how you are ‘so poor.’ You are not poor, you just happen to have no money because you’re an idiot and you chose to spend a fortune on over priced drinks in **** clubs.
    7. Your mates who were too stupid for uni will smugly tell you they’re at 'the university of life.' Tell them you’re studying there too but you figured you were smart enough to get a degree from a proper uni AT THE SAME TIME.
    8. Binge drinking and taking drugs is fine. Telling everyone in great detail about how many drugs you took and how much you drunk last night makes you a boring ****. Keep it to yourself.
    9. Do not take part in pub crawls/socials/balls that require fancy dress, you will be surrounded by *******s. You are not six years old, you do not need to dress as a cowboy to have fun.
    10. Do not sleep with the guys/girls who live in your halls/flat. This is technically known as ****ting on your own doorstep.
    11. Remember, common sense clothing rules still apply to you. Do not wear sunglasses inside, do not go to the shops in a dressing gown, do not go to lectures in shorts and flip flops in November. DO NOT wear your school leavers hoody.
    12. Do not join the Ultimate Frisbee society or similar to make yourself look wacky/quirky. Wacky is not a good thing, Jedward are wacky. If you want to look a bit mad do something proper bat **** mental, like a dirty protest on the dancefloor in Liquid whilst humming the Postman Pat theme tune and crying uncontrollably.
    13. If you’re going to miss all your lectures, do so for a good reason. Festering in bed smoking weed, watching neighbours twice a day and masturbating is not a good reason. Doing-a-Zuckerberg and starting your own business or forming a band/record label/army-of-the-people-and-taking-control-of-the-state are some of many good reasons.
    14. Explain to your parents that you will ONLY call them if there IS a problem, so if they haven’t heard from you in six months that’s A GOOD THING.
    15. Disregard all and any piece of advice, list of tips or suggestions for how best to survive/enjoy university life. Especially this one. You have three years to do whatever the **** you want, don’t start by listening to anyone else.
    16. Seriously though, do not mention your ****ing gap year.
    Are you going to Warwick?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayleighisonfire)
    I need a cuddling partner. Jobs include: spooning, stroking my hair and putting up with me moaning. Any volunteers?
    Reporting for duty

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're spooning me instead of the other way round
    Im perfeclty fine with that "hi im olaf and i like warm hugs"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    Reporting for duty

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    Im perfeclty fine with that "hi im olaf and i like warm hugs"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Frozen!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLay1)
    He's right. Long song with a lot of guitar!
    okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    um, hi :wavey: I'm new to TSR, but also single, um, not sure about the wonderful bit though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenderQueerRoxie)
    um, hi :wavey: I'm new to TSR, but also single, um, not sure about the wonderful bit though
    haha, welcome to tsr and the thread

ReputationRep:
    erm hi i'm single, new to tsr and waiting for a guy to come my way :creep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellokittymad)
    erm hi i'm single, new to tsr and waiting for a guy to come my way :creep:
    Welcome
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I went for an interview to KPMG Sri Lanka. They say the job I applied I have to travel outstation inside Sri Lanka. I can't do that:sadnod:
    They give no transport!

I went with loads of expectation as they are the big 4. But, the local branch here made me feel meh..:frown:

ReputationRep:
    Spending today in bed

Movie number 1!! :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yes, I'm slightly obsessed with this movie :lol:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Spending today in bed
    Aww hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    Aww hope you feel better soon
    Thank you!! :') xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm246love)
    okay thanks
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Spending today in bed

Movie number 1!! :woo:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yes, I'm slightly obsessed with this movie :lol:
    aww, hope you get better soon simply :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Bleugh :puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Bleugh :puke:
    aw laura :hugs: hope you get better soon too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    :jumphug:
    hey sena
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Halls won't be ready for when I move in. Absolutely wonderful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.