Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    It was quite a slow header, so when he first hit it I was like "Urgh, easy save... hang on... ****ING YES!!!!!", everyone went nuts, swinging scarves around etc. VERY tense last two minutes though.

I'm framing the programme!
    Imagine getting this excited about reaching the SF of the Europa league.

Anyone would've thought you just dicked Barca in the final of CL.

ReputationRep:
    Highlights already uploaded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Dunno about favourites but every team will be wary of facing us.

Not sure who I'd want to draw..
    I think we'd have the best chance of facing Villareall. They aren't as good as Sevilla and I feel like Shakhtar would be quite ruthless towards us.

Anybody but Sevilla really. Which means naturally we'll draw them. I mean we drew United and Dortmund, why not make it the hardest route to the final possible?

To be honest, the way we've played in the big matches, I couldn't care less who we draw. The best thing is that nobody got suspended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)

That salt though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    That salt though...
    Luke, don't get me wrong, beating Dortmund is a great achievement because they are one of the best teams in the world (certainly top 10), but you're all acting like you have won the CL.

Framing programmes?
    Telling kids and grandkids about?
    Blu-ray DVD's?

Give me a ****ing break.

ReputationRep:

Imagine getting so excited about reaching the SF of the FA Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Luke, don't get me wrong, beating Dortmund is a great achievement because they are one of the best teams in the world (certainly top 10), but you're all acting like you have won the CL.

Framing programmes?
    Blu-ray DVD's?

Give me a ****ing break.

ReputationRep:

Framing programmes?
    Blu-ray DVD's?

Give me a ****ing break.
    Those two guys actually attended the game. I'd keep memorabilia if I had gone to such a great game.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine getting so excited about reaching the SF of the FA Cup.
    I haven't even posted about it? It's a SF, nothing more, nothing less. FA Cup > Europa btw.

As for the other United posters, please quote any of their posts that are as stupid as your lot.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even posted about it? It's a SF, nothing more, nothing less. FA Cup > Europa btw.

As for the other United posters, please quote any of their posts that are as stupid as your lot.
    Well I'm quoting this post since thinking the FA Cup > EL is pretty stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp has given the players so much belief it's unbelievable

ReputationRep:

So if you had the chance to win one or the other you'd actually opt for the FA Cup?! :lolwut:
    You do know that whoever wins the EL gets into the CL right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parties in LA)
    'Darmian is the next great Italian defender. He's the new Maldini', by none other than yourself

Now **** off out of this thread you miserable ****
    lol this, whenever has he made a good post on the forum because I can't think of any?

ReputationRep:
    If Lovren had missed it, I would NEVER have forgiven him. He's been pretty **** with his offensive headers this season, he missed a sitter in the first leg, but I never doubted him for some reason.

Sturridge's role in that winner is just magnificent. Milner 3 assists the new ****ing Ozil. Unreal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    So if you had the chance to win one or the other you'd actually opt for the FA Cup?! :lolwut:
    You do know that whoever wins the EL gets into the CL right?
    Well I'm quoting this post since thinking the FA Cup > EL is pretty stupid.
    You're talking ****. What does winning the Europa actually mean? You was the best club that failed in CL/failed to qualify for CL? It's like winning the Paralympics.

People place too much importance on getting into the CL. Don't get me wrong I want top 4 badly; the revenue, appeal in the transfer window and thrill of European nights is lovely, but it's clear we (and yourselves) don't stand a chance of winning it.

Look at Arsenal, they qualify every year but what do they ****ing achieve? Nothing. Is it really that good to just make up the numbers?

I'd much rather win an FA Cup that is included in the three major titles (CL, League Title and Domestic cup).

Edit: Sorry for missing some replies out, I got swamped, so I only responded to the least stupid one's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parties in LA)
    If Lovren had missed it, I would NEVER have forgiven him. He's been pretty **** with his offensive headers this season, he missed a sitter in the first leg, but I never doubted him for some reason.

Sturridge's role in that winner is just magnificent. Milner 3 assists the new ****ing Ozil. Unreal
    Tbf the whole team really worked their socks off after the Reus goal. We were absolutely relentless in the last 30 mins. The fluidity of our attacks towards the end was great to watch, so fast paced and accurate. I'll be honest with you I was pissed at Milner for not getting a few of his corners past the first man but he did well when it mattered. Also, that cross Lovren did for Origi in the first half was an absolute peach!

ReputationRep:
    You're talking ****. What does winning the Europa actually mean? You was the best club that failed in CL/failed to qualify for CL? It's like winning the Paralympics.

People place too much importance on getting into the CL. Don't get me wrong I want top 4 badly; the revenue, appeal in the transfer window and thrill of European nights is lovely, but it's clear we (and yourselves) don't stand a chance of winning it.

Look at Arsenal, they qualify every year but what do they ****ing achieve? Nothing. Is it really that good to just make up the numbers?

I'd much rather win an FA Cup that is included in the three major titles (CL, League Title and Domestic cup).

Edit: Sorry for missing some replies out, I got swamped, so I only responded to the least stupid one's.
    Get outta here ahha 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Framing programmes?
    Blu-ray DVD's?

Give me a ****ing break.
    It wasn't just beating a top team though, it was the manner in which we have done so.

If it was a 0-0 draw and we went through on away goals, do you think we'd be hyping it up anywhere near as much?
    As a football fan I think you need to understand that we were dead and buried against a top team, yet somehow found the strength and desire to carry on and get the win.

You only see things like this once in a blue moon. That's why people are getting so carried away, and deservedly so.

ReputationRep:
    Good win for you lot, makes me hate LVG even more. Dreadful if we miss out on CL and you lot are the 5th BPL team to get CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Good win for you lot, makes me hate LVG even more. Dreadful if we miss out on CL and you lot are the 5th BPL team to get CL.
    A long way to go mate - we'll obviously get drawn vs Sevilla, and Klopp's record in cup finals is hilariously bad...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.