Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    I f****** up guys VR: 600 QR:710 AR: 530 and Band 3!!!!!!! WTFFF

Tbh I only revised a couple days. I'm going to be studying abroad so these results don't mean anything to me
    what do you feel was so difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    what do you feel was so difficult?
    Nothings suppose to be diffcult m8, practice and you'll get what u deserve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower6)
    They look at overall and your band. You will be fine for Hull York with those stats despite your UKCAT- mine are the same except my UKCAT average is lower at 640. You should definitely consider Exeter too as you will be in top tier for those achieved A-levels!
    Thanks mate. U applying for hull York? Do you know Wat the ukcat cut off Wat last yr for the uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can't think name)
    Thanks mate. U applying for hull York? Do you know Wat the ukcat cut off Wat last yr for the uni?
    I'm applying yes, they score GCSEs, your UKCAT and your band, last year band 1 and 2 were counted as the same. I don't think they use a cut off as good GCSEs can make up for a poor UKCAT, I've read 40 points was the cut off for UKCAT but someone from my college got in with 635, one with 640 and two with 645 so I wouldn't worry.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys hope everyones applications are going well.

I just wanted a bit of advice, I just sat my UKCAT and I am really gutted.
    AR: 700
    QR:700
    VR:480

I am a graduate with a 1st Class Master in Pharmacy from KCL. I am also a pre-registration pharmacist, working in a flagship boots store. For my A levels: I have A in Maths, A in Biology and B in Chemistry.

I don't mind the funding and can apply for both the 5 year course and the 4 year graduate course. At the moment I have no idea where to apply to be offered interviews. I just want to have the chance to study medicine and am fully determined.

Where do you guys think I should apply or would advise based on your own researches.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hasaanh)

I am a graduate with a 1st Class Master in Pharmacy from KCL. I am also a pre-registration pharmacist, working in a flagship boots store. For my A levels: I have A in Maths, A in Biology and B in Chemistry.

I don't mind the funding and can apply for both the 5 year course and the 4 year graduate course. At the moment I have no idea where to apply to be offered interviews. I just want to have the chance to study medicine and am fully determined.

Where do you guys think I should apply or would advise based on your own researches.

Thanks,
    hey...
    have you sat the GAMSAT? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    hey...
    have you sat the GAMSAT? X
    I intend to apply to only UKCAT unis. No BMAT or GAMSAT

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm so sorry if this question has been asked before, but how similar are the Official mocks to the real thing? Especially QR?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I intend to apply to only UKCAT unis. No BMAT or GAMSAT
    hmmm I think that will be quite hard..
    I think Cambridge, you may be in for a shot? they don't use any entrance exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orangeflower6)
    I'm applying yes, they score GCSEs, your UKCAT and your band, last year band 1 and 2 were counted as the same. I don't think they use a cut off as good GCSEs can make up for a poor UKCAT, I've read 40 points was the cut off for UKCAT but someone from my college got in with 635, one with 640 and two with 645 so I wouldn't worry.
    I read on their website that they give points for each section of the ukcat? N thx for the reply 👍🏽👍🏽

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I'm really confused now...
    I got 660 average and band 2 in the UKCAT
    GCSE: 6A*s 4As (I've done them in 6 months, so they're not that amazing)
    AS: AAAAA
    A2: probable prediction A*A*A*A or A*A*AA
    Pretty strong PS and reference
    Do I stand a chance for a interview at King's?
    My other options are UCL, Imperial and Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    What is average 650?

ReputationRep:

Thanks,
    Hi, just wondering how did you feel the test compare to the mocks you used? I would recommend looking at the medic portal as they posted articles for low ukcat people. Also you can sit the GAMSAT Ireland in March i think? You sit it somewhere in London and you apply for southern Ireland deadline end of jan/beginning of Feb. Its expensive though. Northern Ireland QUB has good scaling for grads so look at that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can't think name)
    I read on their website that they give points for each section of the ukcat? N thx for the reply 👍🏽👍🏽
    Where have you read this? As far as I'm aware you get a score for your band, and then a score for your overall UKCAT based on deciles.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please give me some advice as to how QR section is in the test itself? i can't do the qs under timed conditions in medify at all and my exam is in 4 days

ReputationRep:
    For me, QR was way easier in the real thing and in VR the texts were a lot bigger. Other than that it was pretty much the same and some of the questions had come up in my ISC book and on my mock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polly.holden9)
    For me, QR was way easier in the real thing and in VR the texts were a lot bigger. Other than that it was pretty much the same and some of the questions had come up in my ISC book and on my mock
    what did u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    can someone please give me some advice as to how QR section is in the test itself? i can't do the qs under timed conditions in medify at all and my exam is in 4 days
    I found QR a lot easier in the tests. There weren't any of the massive, obscure charts that you had to extract information from in the real UKCAT. It would really help if you could recognise percentages and fractions without the help of the calculator in the test (and all the other mental maths), and learn to use the number pad/shortcuts quickly.

ReputationRep:
    580 in VR and AR and 830 in QR. I had really been struggling with QR up until the last day. Just make sure you have percentage change nailed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polly.holden9)
    580 in VR and AR and 830 in QR. I had really been struggling with QR up until the last day. Just make sure you have percentage change nailed
    Was it mainly percentage changes? were there many multi step/ multi addition questions?*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.