Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by anyone_can_fly)
    But the irony is that by posting that, you are making us ever-so-slightly closer to winning again.

(In other news, just checked track and no, nobody has spent their Sunday evening sorting through UCAS forms and giving deserving applicants offers. I'm not obsessed. Honest. *checks track again*)
    I thought I'd give you a little push in the right direction. :sexface:

Once my welcome letter arrives, I can't deny I will be doing the same. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    my school still hasn't sent my form :sigh: I submitted it over a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    Maybe try heavily suggesting that they should hurry up, i find that having a machete in your hand usually helps to get the point across

My school's the complete opposite, i was trying to put it off but my head of sixth form kept demanding me to hurry up and pay so he could send it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)

A tip if you're waiting impatiently for a welcome letter: just click the "forgotten my Personal ID" button on the login to track screen and they'll email you it. You can then get in early. Not that I did that or anything. :ninja:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    A tip if you're waiting impatiently for a welcome letter: just click the "forgotten my Personal ID" button on the login to track screen and they'll email you it. You can then get in early. Not that I did that or anything. :ninja:
    This is why I love TSR. :hugs:

Although I don't think mine has been processed due to it being a Sunday. I'll try that trick tomorrow. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to patience being a virtue?

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm randomly happy I'm not the only one though, everyone else's school seems to have send their forms in about 2 days I thought I was just getting overly impatient...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wagonsroll303)
    I'm not sure whether I should bother due to my GCSE grades, and given how crazily competitive French/German/European Law is in general, never mind Oxford... here goes anyway :/

Username: Wagonsroll303
    Subject: Law with French Law
    GCSE: 1a* 7a 2b
    AS: 5A
    A2: 3A* 1a

Doh.
    Do I even stand a chance, or will they just look at my application and laugh?
    P.S. My LNAT is booked for the 19th October.
    Very impressive A2 results I must say!

That's Ireland for you :P

ReputationRep:
    Actually I just used the same personal ID and login as I used for Apply and it worked fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)

One lovely Cambridge applicant You are the reason that we haven't started a real war against Cambridge yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nightmare91)
    One lovely Cambridge applicant You are the reason that we haven't started a real war against Cambridge yet
    With "yet" being the operative word :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure whether I should bother due to my GCSE grades, and given how crazily competitive French/German/European Law is in general, never mind Oxford... here goes anyway :/

Username: Wagonsroll303
    Subject: Law with French Law
    GCSE: 1a* 7a 2b
    AS: 5A
    A2: 3A* 1a

Doh.
    Do I even stand a chance, or will they just look at my application and laugh?
    P.S. My LNAT is booked for the 19th October.
    Everyone has a chance, as long as you do okay at the LNAT and Interview (and as has already been said, they're gonna like your A2 grades ...)

I added you to out Stalking page, which college are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    Everyone has a chance, as long as you do okay at the LNAT and Interview (and as has already been said, they're gonna like your A2 grades ...)

I added you to out Stalking page, which college are you applying to?

Um, I think I'll make it an open application.
    Thanks for the reassurance everyone

ReputationRep:
    Um, I think I'll make it an open application.
    Thanks for the reassurance everyone
    So you're reapplying, on a Gap Year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

username: orchidea
    GCSE: 1 A*, 5 A's, 1 B and Distinction* in ICT
    A levels: History, Government and Politics, Psychology
    Subject: Law
    College: St Anne's, Queens or Trinity! Any help on this one?

My AS results were AAB, but I am predicted A*, A* and an A. I also come from Poland and only moved 3 years ago and did my gcse without really knowing english. I just worry that B grade in one o my AS's will look very down on me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orchidea)
    I just worry that B grade in one o my AS's will look very down on me
    As long as you have the predictions that's fine (from what I have heard so far).

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

My AS results were AAB, but I am predicted A*, A* and an A. I also come from Poland and only moved 3 years ago and did my gcse without really knowing english. I just worry that B grade in one o my AS's will look very down on me
    It's going to be tough for you, but if you mention your extenuating circumstances I'm sure they'll be taken into account. Your predictions are good, so...

ReputationRep:
    Gosh my centre still hasn't sent me the TSA application forms -.-.

(It's a Cambridge Examination center, so that already speaks against Cambridge )

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Don't worry about the B at AS. I had one too, and I'm going to Oxford to start my first term tomorrow!! (highly excited!!!) Good luck all you applicants, and just to let you know I found this the most stressful part. I hated the personal statement, the interviews were far less tiring!!

I'm doing English at Lincoln if anyone has any questions.

Good luck!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.