Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

Oh my God, SubhanAllah.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Ali Ibn Abi Talib a.s was the cousin of Muhammed pbuh, and chosen as his rightful successor. He partook in many of the islamic battles of self defense, as well as personally being brought up by Muhammed pbuh -and was also born in the Ka'ba. Love for Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s is not a love which singles him as superior to Muhammed pbuh. Rather it is a testament of the need to latch onto the Sunnah of Muhammed pbuh by following those who were designated by him (through Allah swt) to preserve the sunnah of the final messenger. His words , acts, teachings can only come from Rasullulah s.a.w. and gifted by Allah swt.

Here are words he is reported to have said(historically):

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".

Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance
    Nahajul Balagaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    I don't know how you would actually define one. What I have read though is that a lot of modern day sufis do of stuff which isn't Islamic in practice. For example their excessive dancing/twirling and asserting divine attributes to "holy men" etc ... Ah I've never attended one Zikr in itself is good but I feel that sometimes they go a bit too random in the videos I've seen Ah thats cool.
    Hmmm, interesting. It seems as though most of the muslims I know practice sufism, but there are those who disagree with it, I have heard someone else say it is unislamic. I don't wish to start a debate on whether it's islamic or not so I will leave it at that.

I really like all the videos and quotes you share between yourselves in here, I enjoy reading them and watching the videos that TMG posts.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Can any 16 – 18 year olds complete my survey on attitudes to religion and Religious Education? You will entered into a draw to win £15 Amazon vouchers
    http://goo.gl/forms/uNMMr9Avcy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Can any 16 – 18 year olds complete my survey on attitudes to religion and Religious Education? You will entered into a draw to win £15 Amazon vouchers
    Done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    I have filled but I'm older than 18.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    subhanAllah wabihamdihi subhanAllahil Adheem

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    AsalaamAlaikum

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Human get and forget, Allah gives and forgives (shaykh Ahmed Siddiq)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Incredible97)
    AsalaamAlaikum

Wasalam.
    Hope you're good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    AsalaamAlaikum

Hope your feeling good
    Nice to see you back

ReputationRep:
    AsalaamAlaikum

Wa alaikumassalaam

Ameen. I hope all is well insha'Allah.

ReputationRep:
    AsalaamAlaikum

Walaikum

Hope all is well.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.