Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Funny because I see LB as probably the last position where we need a new player, other than maybe rb if Jenk stays next season.

ReputationRep:
    we just need an anchor man and a finisher. Giroud is an exceptional plan b to have. Everywhere else is covered

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I'm pretty pissed off that we sold Benik Afobe in January, no need to do it and the guy is on fire atm.

28 goals and 9 assists 45 games including 6 in 4 in LC and 3 in 2 in FA Cup. Scoring rate of 1 goal per 113 minutes. Really think he could have been one for the future and definitely one of the big prospects in the Championship right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
    we just need an anchor man and a finisher. Giroud is an exceptional plan b to have. Everywhere else is covered
    Until Coquelin or Kosc get injured (or Coq dips in form) then we're back to a average starting XI again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's not a finisher we need as giroud is your typical finisher. We need a player who can take the ball, dribble past players, make great runs, pick a pass, make his own chances and dig us out of **** when we're in trouble. This obviously describes a player like Suarez lol. I've never been one of Girouds biggest fans but I have to give credit where its due and he has improved a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Palace 1-0 up! We are second!

ReputationRep:
    City 1-0 down!! Buzzing at the thought of 2nd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Tbh we should look to invest in a quality leftback like Maxwell/Bonucci/Siqueira. Can't really see Monreal making it past next season and Gibbs, well Gibbs being young has potential but I would always prefer a player who is a finished article as opposed to a developing product.

Also speaking of Atletico, I heard Wenger might be interested in Mario Suarez (DM) for Atletico, what do you make of him? I really like him tbh, not a bad signing for 9 odd mil. However if anyone from Atletico was to come to Arsenal, I would always prefer the likes of Griezmann/Godin/Juanfran.
    Monreal has been brilliant, LB wise we don't need to worry hopefully we can pinch a Bellerin like player from Barca.
    I heard we are close to signing Maxi Romero ST watch a video of him and he looks the real deal at 16, I reckon we can rely on Youth to shine by the time Giroud becomes useless (Akpom).
    As long as Giroud link up play creates chances for our goal scorers (Walcott/Sanchez) then he will be our first choice and Welbeck will improved! just like Giroud has and Walcott will find form again.

Doubt we will sign any First team strikers, Walcott will sign his deal to end any sterling/reus specalation.
    With Gabriel there will be no more CB unless Mertesacker decides to leave then Wenger must replace him with a Top CB (Varane/Hummels)

Only position that needs strengthening is CDM incase Coquelin gets injured so get rid of Diaby and Flamini then buy Schneiderlin he is looking good for france and can play incase Rambo gets injured too.

Wenger will give Szczersny one last chance to prove himself.

---------------Giroud
    Sanchez Ramsey Ozil Chamberlain
    ------------Coquelin
    Monreal Koscielny Gabriel Debuchy
    --------------Szczersny

--------------------Welbeck
    Wellington Silva Wilshere Cazorla Walcott
    -------------Schneiderlin
    Gibbs Mertesacker Chambers Bellerin
    ---------------Ospina

Re: Akpom,Rosicky,Arteta,Gnabry,Zela lem,Hayden,Martinez

If we can carry on the form we have no next season we can really challenge for the quadrouple.

ReputationRep:
    palace are winning, we're 2nd!!

ReputationRep:
    meh.. cmon palace!

+ as for talk about great goals.. I dont know about ramseys, it was nice.. but there are so many good goals that it never really stood out for me..

Just from this weekend we have had some crackers - defoe yesterday was really nice actually

ReputationRep:
    We got Welbeck...if this guy can improve his first touch only then he can become our out and out striker.

ReputationRep:
    city loose today.. and united + city draw next week

= 4pts of 3rd
    = 5pts of 4th
    = 9pts of 5th

:coma::drool:

ReputationRep:
    Why do we need a CB so urgently? Dont think Mert is as finished as many seem to think lol, when he's on his game he can still pocket most strikers. Definitely more than a decent option to have for when we need to rotate against the likes of Hull et al next season. He's not as effective when not paired with Kosc but Gabriel seems to be showing hints of Kosc in him and we've always got Monreal/Chambers, also think Mert has got a nice understanding with Bellerin recently. Priority should be CM, ST/W(someone to play both positions ideally if Walcott is off which is looking more likely),GK~CB.

Think we'll get a tasty CM which will take up most of our budget then someone like Dyabala if Walcott goes, if not then I doubt we will get anyone up top as I reckon Wenger thinks Welbeck/Sanchez/Walcott can all play there if Giroud is out which is a shame. Not sure who I would get at CB, split on getting an experienced older cheaper CB who can read the game with decent ball playing abilities, or a young CB with high potential but would obvs cost more and higher chance of errors in his game through inexperience. The former would be better short term (which is why Id keep Mert) but we could strike a diamond with the yute, but then where does that leave Chambers?(who I rate as being our next star CB).

ReputationRep:
    2-0 palace

Lovely little free kick

ReputationRep:
    or we could just buy Kompany on the cheap after the media crucify him for "refusing to get off the pitch and telling manuel like it is, is this player bigger than the club?!"

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually allow myself to get excited over 'wonderkids' as the vast majority end up going nowhere, but Romero looks like he has everything. Great prospect.

Great in the air, good feet, clinical, pacey and has fantastic vision...even more refreshing is the fact that he doesn't just hog it like most of the 'teen sensations'.

Yeah he's only playing in a youth league and I'm basing this off a highlights reel...but Maxi and Chuba could be tearing things up for us in years to come

ReputationRep:
    cant help but laugh at sagna either :lol:

ReputationRep:
    That's why the Premier League is so great, why can't the lesser teams in La Liga do more to shut out Ronaldo and Messi eh

ReputationRep:
    Merte had a decent game vs Liverpool. It's ridiculous why people want to shove him out of the club already considering he must of been in the top 5 (if not then definitely 10) CB's last season. Won't forget his first few months this season were shocking but it's gone unnoticed that he's been putting out much more consistent performances this year. We have 4 CB's fighting for two spots so there's no reason at all we need another CB. The one defender I would sign is a youth prospect LB, similar to Chambers and Bellerin. Monreal is 29 with Gibbs being 25 etc. In a few years Monreal will most likely leave the club and by then Gibbs will be our only senior Left back. If we sign a 19/20 year old now then by the time Monreal leaves we'll automatically have an experienced back up for that position. It'll save us a headache later on too as buying experienced/top quality defenders seems to get harder and harder every year.

As for midfield, it's glaringly obvious already we need a defensive midfielder. Not in the destroyer mould, but some one actually proficient with the ball. We'll see if Arteta is still in Wenger's plans for next season if he uses him for some of our big games i.e Chelsea and UTD, but I hope not. Not too fussed about Flamini, he can stay as 3rd choice if he wishes and we'll cope just fine. His cracks are exposed once he gets a long string of games but most likely that won't be the case. At this stage I'd very much like to sell Wilshere for £30m to City, then use that money and buy another B2B/CM, some one like Veratti perhaps (although highly unlikely). It's not that I doubt Wilshere, it's just he's not exactly useful to us what with his injury record. Wouldn't mind putting a cheeky bid in for someone like Gundogan, if not then Sncheiderlin etc.

We need attacking players too. I hope Wenger continues to stick Welbeck on the LW because he's actually useful there. Carries the ball forward very well (at times) but it's only his decision making at the very last moment which costs us. In that case I'd love to buy a striker. It's not a must, but having an alternative to Giroud e.g a poacher will work wonders when we're struggling for the ball and our chances are limited. It's not a must, definitely not if Giroud replicates his current form onto next season, but if we don't buy a striker then a winger is a must. Right now our only natural option for the wings are Walcott (who's become a fringe player anyway) and Sanchez. Ox and Ozil play on wings yes but they're not natural wingers and our play becomes too narrow. Although we managed, it's quite funny how Ramsey had to drop into RW against Liverpool ( when he shouldn't be).

3 signings. LB can be sorted out next year too, but CM and an AM/ST would be wonderful. My only worry is that I don't think our budget will be as high as last summer, but the amount of signings needed is lower anyway so as expected. I still have a strong feeling we'll end up getting Pedro. Pedro + Sncheiderlin and we'll have a very, very strong team going into next season. One can only hope.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair Mertesacker always steps up when he's needed. Literally.

That Monaco performance at home, confirmed GOAT.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.