Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Yeah, everyone's been saying about the runs. A lot of arsenal fans also agree about his complex. He tends to try to do too much. It becomes easy to mark against and by then, the whole opposition team is back defending. He rarely tracks back as much as he used to. He's always playing as a sort of second striker here.

Yeah, hopefully he realises this and goes back to basics. I think he's become a bit big headed and thinks he's made it now. There's something off about him now that wasn't a few seasons back. He needs to stop buying into his own hype.
    I feel this is tactical, Wenger has been a fan of the playmaker/attacking fullback overload with the two natural wingers on the other side. But one thing I noticed about Ramsey is that he's not really the most mobile with the ball at his feet like Wilshere. He can pass it about when he gets going and control a game but with his lack of speed his current role is very hard to score goals so regularly.

I also think the fact that Ramsey isn't the fastest of players and he has to move from RW to central position means that his runs are easier to track than a guy who runs through two lines of players into the box.

If anything he'd probably be suited to Left wing, so at least he can cut inwards and shoot.

(Original post by AR_95)
    It's simple. We kill the Cazorla.

In all seriousness I think there's a lot of room for improvement in our squad, even without new additions. Not really saying anything new but we take off Ramsey from right wing and have him play central again, alongside Coquelin. I'd take Cazorla off as I've noticed he struggles to carry the ball forward when we're under pressure. I think we'd be better off in some games going with a 4-4-2, Ozil LW and Sanchez right. Have Theo up front but alongside giroud. Don't think Theo has what it takes to be a sole striker, but what with Giroud up front to occupy defenders, it should give more space and chances for Theo. We still keep a goal threat with Ramsey's late runs, or Sanchez if the two up front do fail, and putting Ramsey in the middle should give us more stability defensively over Cazorla.

Individual performances improving? Nothing other than the obvious really, Sanchez needs to pick out his passes better, Ramsey needs to stop being so goal hungry, Ox needs to improve his intelligence etc.. One idea I did have though was to try Ox at false 9/2nd striker. He's fast, finishes well when given the opportunity too, and has decent technique on the ball. Too risky for him to play at CM for us, as his errors have cost us important games before, doesn't have the intelligence for he position yet. No space for him on the wing either other than impact sub
    Thanks for that.

I do think a 4-4-2 could work, you have enough energy to utilise a 4-4-2, you could probably do with another box to box midfielder in that case, Coquelin could be the guy but he doesn't have the ball playing ability of a Gabi to really utilise his energy effectively, although Ramsey/Wilshere make up for it with their creative ability.

Ox at 2nd striker could be interesting but I feel that he's too direct in his approach, it will lead to a lot of turnovers in possession, also I'm not sure if he's really aware of off the ball movement to really utilise a 2nd striker position. It would require the striker to create a lot of space for him and I think that again goes to the Giroud/usage of Giroud argument. If you had a faster striker you push the defence back automatically but only Welbeck is good enough as a pacey striker option that is capable of dragging players out of position and making enough space for it. Ox I feel is a great player on the counter or whenever he has space to run in possession, while I feel that Arsenal have a very good team to play on the break.

Finally with Ozil playing at LW his problem(not his work rate) is that his main attributes are his movements from central-left that he does so well for you guys, or at Real his movement from right to left on the counter that utilised Reals pace on the counter. Playing at LW stifles a lot of Ozil's actual ability and only uses one(his crosses) which only really advantages two players(Giroud and possibly Ramsey).

ReputationRep:
    glad im not the only one who's noticed sanchez cannot pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    I been saying that for ages.

ReputationRep:
    "Opta define a clear-cut chance as one that a player might reasonably be expected to score - for example, a one-on-one opportunity or a shot from very close range. Arsenal have yet to convert one such chance."

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between bossing Cyprus's midfield and the rest of Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    i've been spouting this since january, people need to take notice of me ffs

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has known one of Sanchez's weak aspects is his passing - that much was evident even from his Barca days. We've just been ignoring it because of how much more he provided in every other area of his game. Don't worry, if he starts banging them in like he was at the start of last season, you won't give a damn if his pass accuracy was 60%.

ReputationRep:
    just LOL at the non-Londoner Arsenal 'fans' who dont talk about jack wishere

if Jack as Arsene's new signing is not enough...go and support UTD

Arsenal still have a soul

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    net spend= £10M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    net spend= £10M
    FELLA, what happens when Wenger leaves and your new manager can't get you to top four every season on a net spend of £10m?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    FELLA, what happens when Wenger leaves and your new manager can't get you to top four every season on a net spend of £10m?
    at the Arsenal, Highbury?

leather rehabilitation for the furniture, cancel all calls from the Bank of England and a proper gin soaked board meeting.

Timeless Arsenal .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    just LOL at the non-Londoner Arsenal 'fans' who dont talk about jack wishere

if Jack as Arsene's new signing is not enough...go and support UTD

Arsenal still have a soul

Unfortunately we lost our soul when we moved to the Emirates.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    He's in ****ing Istanbul now. United would rather be held to ransom for some prodigy than keep rvp.

Thanks for reminding me sheddy. Great start to the night.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mind Sanchez been profligate with the ball tbh. I actual like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    He's in ****ing Istanbul now. United would rather be held to ransom for some prodigy than keep rvp.

Thanks for reminding me sheddy. Great start to the night.
    Still has one of these...

ReputationRep:
    Slow day today Sheddy?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.