?
Report 6 years ago
Sporting :rofl:
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bilbao deserve a lot of respect for their performance tonight...really, really made Man United look like a below-par side. Great finish from Llorente; rather like Van Persie's against Everton.
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And some wanted a Manchester final.........
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Bilbao :adore:
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bilbao deserve all the praise, not only for their performances but their fans - who were extremely sporting in their applause of Giggs and Rooney's goal - and club's history are something else. I didn't know their policy of playing only Basque born or players with links to the area in their team. Got loads of respect for them - great passionate stadium and Bielsa as a coach, man is he glad he turned down Inter.

I can't believe they are 7th! Would love them to see them in the CL next season.
CB91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Bilbao deserve all the praise, not only for their performances but their fans - who were extremely sporting in their applause of Giggs and Rooney's goal - and club's history are something else. I didn't know their policy of playing only Basque born or players with links to the area in their team. Got loads of respect for them - great passionate stadium and Bielsa as a coach, man is he glad he turned down Inter.

I can't believe they are 7th! Would love them to see them in the CL next season.
Iirc, there was a poll put up on the Athletic website a few years ago and it said 76% of Athletic fans would rather be relegated than give up their cantera policy of signing local players. Seeing as they've never been relegated and are incredibly proud of that fact, that says something.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Bloody Sa Pinto :rolleyes:
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Schalke now 3-2 up on aggregate after being 2-0 down. Brilliant comeback.
CB91
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

:rofl2:
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol that was brilliant.
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Apparently Turkish fans have been banned from using flares.

Here's their response:

ahq
Badges: 13
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Was just reading articles about Xavi and Puyol agreeing to let Abidal lift the trophy last year and in one on Yahoo it says after his operation Abidal sold all his luxury cars and gave the proceeds to a children's cancer charity. If true that's pretty cool.

Top club tbf, no wonder so many onlookers are so bitter :sogood:
It's ****ing brilliant if it's true. Great player, I hope he recovers well.

(Original post by KingMessi)
Bilbao deserve a lot of respect for their performance tonight...really, really made Man United look like a below-par side. Great finish from Llorente; rather like Van Persie's against Everton.
I'm delighted for Bielsa in particular. How unrealistic is it to hope that he moulds a credible threat to the Barca-Madrid duopoly out of this Bilbao team? From what I understand, their shaky start to the season was basically them adapting to Bielsa's rather particular style and culture of football.

(Original post by CB91)
Iirc, there was a poll put up on the Athletic website a few years ago and it said 76% of Athletic fans would rather be relegated than give up their cantera policy of signing local players. Seeing as they've never been relegated and are incredibly proud of that fact, that says something.
:congrats: I wish more fans were more like this.

:rofl2:
This is actually brilliant. :rofl:
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abiraleft)
I'm delighted for Bielsa in particular. How unrealistic is it to hope that he moulds a credible threat to the Barca-Madrid duopoly out of this Bilbao team? From what I understand, their shaky start to the season was basically them adapting to Bielsa's rather particular style and culture of football.
There is something incredibly satisfying about a manager like Biesla, and a team like Bilbao doing well through sticking to a strongly-valued philosophy. As for your suggestion, I don't know. Barcelona and Real Madrid are exceptional - they'd beat most, if not all club sides ever put together. But time will tell and it'd be surprising, on current evidence, if this side didn't manage to make the Champions League at least once or twice.
Colbert
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"Being a chelsea fan I want us to be drawn against Barcelona provided we have a good ref! Revenge 09." #bbcsportsday

The morons keep on coming :facepalm2:
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bilbao showed the most complete performance I've seen this season, but I've not watched all that much outside of England tbf.

Anyone seen anything more sublime since the Champions League final last season?
Darth Vader 7
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
"Being a chelsea fan I want us to be drawn against Barcelona provided we have a good ref! Revenge 09." #bbcsportsday

The morons keep on coming :facepalm2:
Chelsea fans actually want to be drawn against Barca?

:facepalm2:
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I didn't even consider that point, I was too furious about the sheer lack of understanding about the officiating :facepalm2:

Chelsea would get absolutely smashed this year tbf. I think their only route to the final is APOEL then some other pub team like Marseille or Benfica. Player for player not a single Chelskite would get anywhere near the Barca squad. Except Romeu, who is only on loan from Barca anyway :gah:
jit987
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hope Chelsea get Barca :gah:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
BBC Sport commentator Nigel Adderley on Twitter: "In the three Champ Lge draw REHEARSALS this morning, Chelsea drew Barcelona twice and Real Madrid the other time!"
:awesome:
username818763
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hannnover 96 ftw!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads