Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here we are guys - ready to start a new term. I absolutely hate starting school again after a break. When you walk through the doors and it's like you never left

15 teaching days...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not to be annoying but...thinking of those of you who still have placements and assignments ongoing...I am SO GLAD all placements and essays on my course are now over and done with! Just a few seminars and final evaluation after half term for me.

I spent the last week in a dreamy haze...no planning! No research! No looming deadlines or piles of books to mark!...just reading a novel with a cup of coffee or watching tv with my family have seemed like the best things ever.

PGCE year makes you appreciate the simple things in life I think!

Keep going everyone! We're so close! Summer is going to be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenbeans123)
    Not to be annoying but...thinking of those of you who still have placements and assignments ongoing...I am SO GLAD all placements and essays on my course are now over and done with! Just a few seminars and final evaluation after half term for me.

I spent the last week in a dreamy haze...no planning! No research! No looming deadlines or piles of books to mark!...just reading a novel with a cup of coffee or watching tv with my family have seemed like the best things ever.

Here here, i have 3 weeks left of the course, next week is obs and an assignment conference, then a week at uni doing eal etc then its the week of the exam board and Im done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratchit99)
    Here here, i have 3 weeks left of the course, next week is obs and an assignment conference, then a week at uni doing eal etc then its the week of the exam board and Im done!
    Hearing all the stories of PGCE courses coming to an end soon is making me very jealous. I'm on a SDS course so I'm working right up to the last day of term. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    Hearing all the stories of PGCE courses coming to an end soon is making me very jealous. I'm on a SDS course so I'm working right up to the last day of term. Boo.
    Yeah, but we're all jealous over the fact that you get paid! I'm very happy to have a break now but soon I'm going to be officially unemployed and broke (well, I have my bursary but that won't last forever).

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but we're all jealous over the fact that you get paid! I'm very happy to have a break now but soon I'm going to be officially unemployed and broke (well, I have my bursary but that won't last forever).
    Have you not managed to get a job then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Have you not managed to get a job then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No...but that is mainly due to only having applied for 1 job in total so far! The majority of those on my course do seem to have jobs so I feel a bit left out now.

People have said that my lack of jobseeking gumption shows that I must be ambivalent about teaching. I've had so many knocks to my confidence during placement that I'm not sure what to think. I DO still want to be a teacher...at least I think so...but it seems that (unless things change SOON) I won't have a role come September. Vision for Education have been phoning me though...looks like 'supply work' beckons!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I've pulled a muscle in my groin and I can't stand/walk/move that leg. We did DoE over this weekend and something popped and it hasn't felt good since. Can I justify a day off tomorrow to seek some sort of medical help with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    I've pulled a muscle in my groin and I can't stand/walk/move that leg. We did DoE over this weekend and something popped and it hasn't felt good since. Can I justify a day off tomorrow to seek some sort of medical help with it?
    Id say yes, if you need medical attention thats entirely justified!

ReputationRep:
    No...but that is mainly due to only having applied for 1 job in total so far! The majority of those on my course do seem to have jobs so I feel a bit left out now.

People have said that my lack of jobseeking gumption shows that I must be ambivalent about teaching. I've had so many knocks to my confidence during placement that I'm not sure what to think. I DO still want to be a teacher...at least I think so...but it seems that (unless things change SOON) I won't have a role come September. Vision for Education have been phoning me though...looks like 'supply work' beckons!
    Sounds exactly like me, except I am ambivalent about teaching

What subject are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

I'm in a similar position (although my final essay and folders aren't in until Wednesday, it's certainly been nice to do less this half term). The biggest thing I've missed is reading a book as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellylaugh)
    You and me both! I need extra time on placement so will likely be there until the last day, which is my birthday coincidently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    You and me both! I need extra time on placement so will likely be there until the last day, which is my birthday coincidently.
    Has this been confirmed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3,000/4,000 words done!
    Staff training day tomorrow which means only 14 more teaching days left D:

Is anyone else terrified about NQT? I have this panicked moment that the only reason my classes listen to me is because there's someone else in the room with me and that when I'm in a classroom on my own, I'm going to just freeze... I keep having NQT based dreams :/
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Having to take the day off. Couldn't get in or out of the bath last night and it's just taken 5 minutes to get up to get to the bathroom. There's no way I could teach.

Going to find an ironically named walk in centre and hope they know what's happened. I'd sell my own mother for a crutch right now.

ReputationRep:
    Has this been confirmed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, sadly not. I've heard nothing over the holiday but that is the most likely scenario.

ReputationRep:
    Last week of my placement. I will try my absolute best and not be complacent(going to be real hard). I don't have any observations or anything this week.

One MORE lap to go!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    4-6 weeks recovery time and a few days not standing/walking recommended. Worst possible bloody outcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Nope, sadly not. I've heard nothing over the holiday but that is the most likely scenario.
    Oh right. Well let us know. If you need to add on time in order to pass then it's well worth it!
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    4-6 weeks recovery time and a few days not standing/walking recommended. Worst possible bloody outcome
    What?! What does this mean for your course?! So sorry to hear this...
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    Last week of my placement. I will try my absolute best and not be complacent(going to be real hard). I don't have any observations or anything this week.

One MORE lap to go!!
    Using the word 'laps' is amazingly accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Well let us know. If you need to add on time in order to pass then it's well worth it!

What?! What does this mean for your course?! So sorry to hear this...

Using the word 'laps' is amazingly accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully I can get myself back into school this week. I only have three weeks including this one so it's not an ideal time. I'm supposed to be being externally assessed tomorrow as well do I need to cancel that

I can't really stand or walk at all. Should have accepted the offer of crutches so I could at least teach a little standing up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.