Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nbrz_emma)
What about the guy in Human Nature / Family of Blood? The one who has the watch and refuses to do anything with it for about an entire episode. He's around 17ish
The whole school was filled with teens

(Original post by Doughnuts!!)
Meh, it looks like filler.

What's the title?
The Girl Who Waited

(Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
Did anyone hear the doctor?

"Nice to be back together, 'in the flesh'."

:holmes:
I did indeed. However I think there's nothing more to it than Amy is human again and not a doll.

I quite enjoyed the episode to be honest. Not the best but really not the worst. Parts were obvious like they were in the dolls house in the cupboard, but I still enjoyed it. A lot more than CotBS.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ezekiel Wigglesworth.

Wigglesworth.

WIGGLESWORTH.
Mr.Messy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Night Terrors reminded me so much of the RTD era. Horrible to watch.

It's just not what I expect from the BBCs flagship show, you'd think they would have higher quality writing/storytelling, even if it involved a scared ****less kid.

With that in mind, I agree so much with Charlie Brooker. It was painful to see David Tennant handed such terrible episodes. Thankfully things have improved with Matt, but we still get the occasional flop. :facepalm2:

Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I actually really enjoyed that episode. Helped due to the writing by Gatiss probably. It was nice to watch a simple episode of Doctor Who not bogged down in Moffat's continuity.

Also, the teaser seemed incredibly short to me. Is everything in that episode a spoiler?
Mr.Messy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nursery rhyme in full. Not spoilering because mostly everyone has heard it.

Spoiler:
Show
"Tick, tock, goes the clock, he cradled and he rocked her."
.. River cradled by (most likely) the Doctor in his cot.

This part interests me too
"Tick, tock, and all too soon, you and I must die."
You and I? Could it be that if River does kill the Doctor (which I doubt), they want her to die after completing the job so that there will be no other part-Time Lord/ Time Lord to meddle in their plans? :holmes:

greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
iPlayer is your friend. Why're you missing it?
I just watched it...don't want to sleep tonight!

Was out at a meet!
Silver Aurora
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last episode was rubbish... the acting was unreal... new low.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr.Messy)
Nursery rhyme in full. Not spoilering because mostly everyone has heard it.

Spoiler:
Show
.. River cradled by (most likely) the Doctor in his cot.

This part interests me too You and I? Could it be that if River does kill the Doctor (which I doubt), they want her to die after completing the job so that there will be no other part-Time Lord/ Time Lord to meddle in their plans? :holmes:

Not the best put together, with the background you can't hear parts of it

(Original post by Colonel.)
I actually really enjoyed that episode. Helped due to the writing by Gatiss probably. It was nice to watch a simple episode of Doctor Who not bogged down in Moffat's continuity.

Also, the teaser seemed incredibly short to me. Is everything in that episode a spoiler?
I'm not the only one then!

I think I prefered it to LKH and seeing them both again. River and her importance is starting to grate me. Seems like we will have another 'most important person in the universe' soon to join the Tardis permantly.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I preferred it to LKH as well.
imperial maniac
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Yeah, I preferred it to LKH as well.
LKH?

On a side note, why is everyone hating on River?!? I love her xD
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imperial maniac)
LKH?

On a side note, why is everyone hating on River?!? I love her xD
Let's Kill Hitler.

She just knows too much and noone is that good an actress in life. Oh I'm going to pretend to not know who you are but wait I knew all along!
imperial maniac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Let's Kill Hitler.

She just knows too much and noone is that good an actress in life. Oh I'm going to pretend to not know who you are but wait I knew all along!
I think as the plot goes on we're going to end up knowing more and more and river knows less and less. Could be good if Moffat pulls it off.

Despite my love for Moffat I think he has build this up far too much, and the last episode will have to be absolutely amazing or it will be a disappointment.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by imperial maniac)
I think as the plot goes on we're going to end up knowing more and more and river knows less and less. Could be good if Moffat pulls it off.

Despite my love for Moffat I think he has build this up far too much, and the last episode will have to be absolutely amazing or it will be a disappointment.
River knows the smallest amount now as this is the newest and youngest River. From now on we will be seeing her gaining in knowledge, leading up to the library episode.

I think this is her last series though. Along with Amy and Rory as regulars.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
River knows the smallest amount now as this is the newest and youngest River. From now on we will be seeing her gaining in knowledge, leading up to the library episode.

I think this is her last series though. Along with Amy and Rory as regulars.

I don't think it quite will be for River. Otherwise what would be the use in her having pictures of all the Doctor's regenerations. I think she might just make the really occassional appearence with an older Doctor possibly. Also don;t think it will be the last series with River as there will be a huge cap in how she knows so much about the Doctor. in the future. I don't think it will be quite tied up in the next few episodes.
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think that we'll know what we need to know about River by the end of this series, but she'll still pop up occasionally to surprise The Doctor.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
I think that we'll know what we need to know about River by the end of this series, but she'll still pop up occasionally to surprise The Doctor.
Hopefully not any surprises such as 'Ah I knew this all along' as well.

A surprise pregnancy would be interesting but doubt they would do it.
Order 66
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love River.
Bobbler
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
well they still need to get married don't they
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bobbler)
well they still need to get married don't they
I have a sneaky feeling that will happen in episode 13 ....... don`t know why.
nbrz_emma
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by elitepower)
I have a sneaky feeling that will happen in episode 13 ....... don`t know why.
Well it is called "the wedding of river song". AND, i swear i read somewhere online in a spoiler that "the doctor will get married" at some point in the series. Is this just me being stupid?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (503)
37.65%
No - but I will (103)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.89%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (638)
47.75%

Watched Threads