Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Ronaldo's the overwhelming favourite at 1/7 next is messi at 8/1 if you think messis got it stick some money on it
    Hmm, that's actually quite worth it.

Will stick a tenner on that.

When does the voting close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Hmm, that's actually quite worth it.

Will stick a tenner on that.

When does the voting close?
    End of November probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah looks like Ronaldo won't be getting Balon D'or this year in all honesty.

1. Most of Ribery voters were messi defectors, you'd expect them to go back to messi.
    2. Messi got Golden Ball, Ronaldo breaking the CL record probably matches that but in a world cup year you'd expect Golden ball to be given priority.

I think votes will go 35% Messi 30% Ronaldo this year. Somebody like Robben, German player or Costa getting about 10-15% of the votes.
    Hmmm...even as a Messi fanatic I just dont think he will win it this year, even though I strongly believe he should.

Real won the Champions League, which will work in Ronaldo's favour even though it was mainly due to key performances from Ramos and ADM.

Messi winning the golden ball received so muchbad publicity, again incorrectly imo.

The general public seem to think 'Ronaldo' is better for some reason, maybe because he is scoring more goals at the moment.

Imo, any Ribery voters will move to Robben/a German player, rather than Leo.

Leo should win,but Ronaldo will inevitably

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They think Ronaldo is better because Real are doing better at this moment.

In 2012 it was even wrt Barca vs Real, Real won the league but had a bad start to the next season while Messi was single handedly winning games for Barca and breaking the goals scored record, they only won the copa that year.

I don't think a german player will single handedly get plaudits like Ribery got for the treble season, Bayern launched a campaign for Ribery(although Robben was probably the better player that year) they won't defect to Robben or a player like that, it's quite even. No idea why the bookies have Ronaldo as overwhelming favourite, think because he won it last year and people don't want to give it to Messi every year. Hopefully he scores a few hattricks over the next few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    1) Ronaldo
    2) Neuer
    3) Messi

Quote me in January.

(Original post by Undisclosed 15)
    Real won the Champions League, which will work in Ronaldo's favour even though it was mainly due to key performances from Ramos and ADM.Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you watch Real's other 12 games?

Poor post quality.

ReputationRep:
    I think Muller should be in the top 3.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    1) Ronaldo
    2) Neuer
    3) Messi

Quote me in January.

Did you watch Real's other 12 games?

Poor post quality.
    They were all against mediocre teams (with the exception of Dortmund, who were shocking on the day). Ronaldo did not win the CL; Madrid as a team did.

The suggestion that Neuer will be in the top 3, let alone ahead of Messi is ludicrous. He was poor against Madrid in the CL, and although he had a fantastic World Cup he wont be in the top 3. I cant tell if that was a joke or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still gonna seem weird if Ronaldo wins it (most likely winner). Yes he broke the UCL record but he was practically invisible in the UCL final (penalty made it 4-1 so was irrelevant right at the end of ET) and failed to make an impact in the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    They were all against mediocre teams (with the exception of Dortmund, who were shocking on the day). Ronaldo did not win the CL; Madrid as a team did.

The suggestion that Neuer will be in the top 3, let alone ahead of Messi is ludicrous. He was poor against Madrid in the CL, and although he had a fantastic World Cup he wont be in the top 3. I cant tell if that was a joke or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They played Bayern twice, Dortmund twice, Juventus twice and Schalke twice. None of those teams are mediocre.

The Champions League is a team-trophy. So you're stating the obvious.

I said 'quote me in January', not 'quote me on 14th November'.

and no; my post wasn't a joke. It was my opinion of the top three players in 2013-14.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Still gonna seem weird if Ronaldo wins it (most likely winner). Yes he broke the UCL record but he was practically invisible in the UCL final (penalty made it 4-1 so was irrelevant right at the end of ET) and failed to make an impact in the World Cup.
    Golden Boot + Champions League Top Scorer (Record for goals in a single campaign).

I can confirm it will not seem 'weird'

Edit: He has now become the all time top goalscorer in the European Championships.

Edit: Quote me on 26th November when he breaks Raul's goal record in the Champions League.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    1) Ronaldo
    2) Neuer
    3) Messi

Quote me in January..
    Not as inconceivable as it sounds tbh. There will definitely be a German player in the top 3, there is always a World Cup winner in there somewhere. Remember that year Cannavaro won it over Ronaldinho, Zidane, Henry etc?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Lahm is more likely to get the nod over Neuer, being captain 'an all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Same could be said about Messi in the World cup final and you'd argue that he failed to make an impact in the CL.

It's not as clear cut Ronaldo victory as it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Real talk nobody has launched a campaign from the germany squad to win it. Meaning that German players will have their votes shared..

ReputationRep:
    German players will definitely have the votes split. Some for Lahm and some for Neuer.

ReputationRep:
    They played Bayern twice, Dortmund twice, Juventus twice and Schalke twice. None of those teams are mediocre.

The Champions League is a team-trophy. So you're stating the obvious.

I said 'quote me in January', not 'quote me on 14th November'.

and no; my post wasn't a joke. It was my opinion of the top three players in 2013-14.
    I have already explained that they beat Bayern due to other players. They beat Dortmund in one match and lost the other 3-0. Juve were poor all season. They barely made it out of the group, and Shalke arent a big team. Th CL is a team trophy which is exactly my point when people say Cr7 should win because he won the CL. He didnt; Madrid did. He arguebly wasnt even the most important player for Madrid. Ramos' contribution was more significant.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Golden Boot + Champions League Top Scorer (Record for goals in a single campaign).

I can confirm it will not seem 'weird'

Edit: He has now become the all time top goalscorer in the European Championships.

Edit: Quote me on 26th November when he breaks Raul's goal record in the Champions League.
    On the 26th November he will break Raul's record but he will still be behind Messi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A defender can't win it. Sad fact is goals is what people will look at and care about.

ReputationRep:
    I have already explained that they beat Bayern due to other players. They beat Dortmund in one match and lost the other 3-0. Juve were poor all season. They barely made it out of the group, and Shalke arent a big team. Th CL is a team trophy which is exactly my point when people say Cr7 should win because he won the CL. He didnt; Madrid did. He arguebly wasnt even the most important player for Madrid. Ramos' contribution was more significant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Real beat Bayern 4-0. It was a tactical triumph.

Real didn't lose 3-0 to Dortmund; they lost 2-0. Ronaldo was on the bench in that match.

Juve weren't poor all season. They won the Serie A.

Schalke are ranked 8th in the UEFA rankings. Your definition of big must be very different to mine.

Ronaldo was the most important player. He was the best player in the competition by a mile. 17 goals and 4 assists in 11 apps. He did that against big teams whilst managing an injury.

ReputationRep:
    Real beat Bayern 4-0. It was a tactical triumph.

Real didn't lose 3-0 to Dortmund; they lost 2-0. Ronaldo was on the bench in that match.

Juve weren't poor all season. They won the Serie A.

Schalke are ranked 8th in the UEFA rankings. Your definition of big must be very different to mine.

Ronaldo was the most important player. He was the best player in the competition by a mile. 17 goals and 4 assists in 11 apps. He did that against big teams whilst managing an injury.
    Still can't score 91 goals in a year though lol.

And no, he scored 6 against the 'big' teams. (I'm not including shalke because they really aren't a big team).

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.