Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Alright but I'm splitting his reign into two halves. 1996-2005 and 2005-2013.
    What's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    What's your point?
    Nothing, I'm just explaining my thinking.

ReputationRep:
    Alright but I'm splitting his reign into two halves. 1996-2005 and 2005-2013.
    It's funny because the second half of his reign (2005-13) Arsenal reached uncharted territories in the CL, with the final in 2006 and semis in 2009 - rounds they had never reached in the trophy-laden era. Your point still remains though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    It's funny because the second half of his reign (2005-13) Arsenal reached uncharted territories in the CL, with the final in 2006 and semis in 2009 - rounds they had never reached in the trophy-laden era. Your point still remains though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2006 we were extremely unlucky. After Sol Campbell scored I really did think we'd do it but Almunia conceded two soft goals. The winner was from a very savable angle from what I remember of it. If Lehman wasn't stupid, who knows what may have happened.

2008/9 we had easy last 16 and QF opponents I think before getting raped by United in the SF.

ReputationRep:
    2006 we were extremely unlucky. After Sol Campbell scored I really did think we'd do it but Almunia conceded two soft goals. The winner was from a very savable angle from what I remember of it. If Lehman wasn't stupid, who knows what may have happened.

2008/9 we had easy last 16 and QF opponents I think before getting raped by United in the SF.
    You mean if Barca hadn't bribed the referee, who know what may have happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Spanish clubs always get their way. It's been the same since then. Just look at Nani's sending off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    What is so good about him anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's French, Played internationally, fits the viera mould (not saying he is as good) and he is Arsenal price at 8.6mill so the sale of Mannone and Gervinho would easily cover it.

Don't get me wrong I would take Gustavo anyday but I just can't see him joining us when he can go to a massive club like Wolfsburg

ReputationRep:

Spanish clubs always get their way. It's been the same since then. Just look at Nani's sending off.
    It was a definite red card...

Last man, goalscoring opportunity, he catches his foot and takes him down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    He's French, Played internationally, fits the viera mould (not saying he is as good) and he is Arsenal price at 8.6mill so the sale of Mannone and Gervinho would easily cover it.

Don't get me wrong I would take Gustavo anyday but I just can't see him joining us when he can go to a massive club like Wolfsburg
    Sarcasm detected. I don't know why we aren't making a move for Gustavo. He needs first team football in a world cup year and arsenal need a ball winner made of steel in midfield. We can't keep using Arteta in that holding position. He's done an okay job but it's been a weakness since Song went.

ReputationRep:
    Blatant Dive

ReputationRep:
    Messi, Busquets and Higuain's racism cases were all swept away rather quickly to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Blatant Dive
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Messi, Busquets and Higuain's racism cases were all swept away rather quickly to
    Didn't even hear of them.

Although, I don't think UEFA are that hard on racism tbh. It'd be such a pain to investigate every complaint. They hand out very lenient fines as well.

I think the FA are reflective of British society and we don't tolerate it. But I think in Europe, it's far more normal to make such comments and get away with it because no one really cares and that's how attitudes are.

ReputationRep:
    How the hell Barcelona managed to not concede a penalty in the 2009 semi final with chelsea I will never know.

Im sure they do get special treatman, even if its because they are a team full of midgets and get sympathy because of it.

ReputationRep:

Last man, goalscoring opportunity, he catches his foot and takes him down.
    Jens was nuts. He should have accepted the goal and then moved on. Absolutely no doubt we had the better players and even wirt 10 mwn we had enough chances to win it 3-0, it should have been our first CL. That's football, CFC/Abromavich has a medal and Wenger doesnt. The good guys dont always win.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Fail reporting that if spurs get the full amount for bale then they'll move on to Suarez. Even though that's lazy journalism at its finest, I'd lol so hard if it actually happened. You Arsenal fans would be like 'wasn't worth that amount', 'too much of a loose cannon'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    Daily Fail reporting that if spurs get the full amount for bale then they'll move on to Suarez. Even though that's lazy journalism at its finest, I'd lol so hard if it actually happened. You Arsenal fans would be like 'wasn't worth that amount', 'too much of a loose cannon'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spurs would go for Suarez? :mmm:
    Why would he even consider them lol
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Spurs would go for Suarez? :mmm:
    Why would he even consider them lol
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'd probably offer him 200k a week but for football reasons, it's illogical. Then again, if Tottenham show real ambition, it could happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is tomorrow august lads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Can't remember exactly but its one of the Dior ads shes done.

Bless, I shouldn't think arsenal are a joke should I, I should be over the moon we have bougt yaya sanogo, nice one Wenger mate have your wage packet, it's on us fans cheers

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.