The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
you ofcourse

Fair enough.

Original post by Strange Fruit
There is no taking sides, only laughter

Only laughter? Silly me, I thought we were on a public forum that promoted discussion and debating! My mistake.
Original post by Pete_91
I'm pretty sure he broke the Ozil signing on the bbc. Not sure if it had been reported elsewhere first though. He never gets it wrong tbh there's a reason we call him the oracle.

Did he report all of this summer's signings? Fair enough on Ozil, pretty sure only a handful of people would have expected it, and those were the ones involved in the deal. Shame about Falcao though. Perhaps Ornstein said we weren't interested in Falcao as a double bluff :biggrin: ? (I am just clutching at straws now)
Reply 6522
Original post by Arkasia
Fair enough.

Only laughter? Silly me, I thought we were on a public forum that promoted discussion and debating! My mistake.

This guy is a closet rapist and although TSR try to ban him and keep the forums safe, he will find you, and he will get you.

I suggest you start to prepare
Reply 6523
First time posting on these threads in over a year... Are people like Darth Vader & jam277 still around?

Anyway, to stay on topic: Do you guys think we'll get Rabiot?
Will Wenger honestly sign a prolific striker on deadline day?

Original post by AR_95
This guy is a closet rapist and although TSR try to ban him and keep the forums safe, he will find you, and he will get you.

I suggest you start to prepare

Well as long as I stay away from any closets I should be fine, thanks for the heads up though :wink:
Original post by Arkasia
For a second it was bloody terrifying, wasn't it.

Would be a good think for the club tbh if they got the right replacement in; Wenger has been taking the club sideways for many years, not strengthening key areas despite having the finances. He's fantastic, but very flawed.
Original post by rhw
First time posting on these threads in over a year... Are people like Darth Vader & jam277 still around?

Yeah I'm still about man.

Rabiot I reckon you'll get, depends on if you can agree with a price. Wouldn't go above 15M for him though.
Reply 6528
Original post by rhw

Jam is around :smile: and Rabiot is the most likely DM we're to get out of the named 3 (khedira Carvalho etc)

Expecting an under the radar signing though as usual
Ornstein is confirmation. If he says something it is generally true. He didn't break the Ozil news but confirmed it.

If say the Daily Mail ran a story tomorrow about Rooney moving to Arsenal and then Ornstein confirmed it later, it would almost certainly be true.
Original post by jam278
Yeah I'm still about man.

Rabiot I reckon you'll get, depends on if you can agree with a price. Wouldn't go above 15M for him though.

Roma have already agreed a fee apparently.
Original post by angelfox
Ornstein is confirmation. If he says something it is generally true. He didn't break the Ozil news but confirmed it.

If say the Daily Mail ran a story tomorrow about Rooney moving to Arsenal and then Ornstein confirmed it later, it would almost certainly be true.

Yeah this.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Would be a good think for the club tbh if they got the right replacement in; Wenger has been taking the club sideways for many years, not strengthening key areas despite having the finances. He's fantastic, but very flawed.

I would have agreed with you up until I saw Manchester Utd. A terrible team who managed to win the league, but then went downwards with Moyes, and even the supposedly perfect Van Gaal can't even bring them to beat MKD. As much as Wenger annoys me, I think for me it is a case of 'the evil I do know is better than the evil I don't'.
Original post by angelfox

Fair enough. How is he so informed?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Would be pretty stupid to bet against us

UTD aren't even in question as of yet and I don't recall Everton ever being bigger flat track bullies than us. Only side to question is Tottenham but don't see where all these conclusions are coming from that they're having a better season when they've hardly played anyone big yet

People said West Ham were too good to go down once too. I'm more focusing on the fan reaction should the unlikely situation of not finishing in the top 4 happens, compared to the overall 'status quo' now.
Utd were in a far worse state than us. Ageing players, bad young players etc. We are in a much better equipped. We've got Alexis, Ramsey and Ozil in attack with a solid defence. We're missin players yes, but if we got the right manager in e.g. Klopp there'd be no issue in attracting players.
Original post by Arkasia
Fair enough. How is he so informed?

Dunno, but he comes across as the mouth piece for the club. When there was all the speculation over Cesc, will he return will he not etc, he came out and stated that we weren't interested. He clearly gets told stuff by the club.
Original post by Arkasia
I would have agreed with you up until I saw Manchester Utd. A terrible team who managed to win the league, but then went downwards with Moyes, and even the supposedly perfect Van Gaal can't even bring them to beat MKD. As much as Wenger annoys me, I think for me it is a case of 'the evil I do know is better than the evil I don't'.

Look at the difference between Arsenal and Manchester United though. It's incomparable. There is some fantastic quality you get to work with at Arsenal, whilst at United it's far more limited currently.

Wenger should have little say in who gets bought if he's holding the club back from making a quality signing in a defensive midfield position or striker.

Of course we don't know the full picture, but it doesn't excuse his tactical naivety in big games in recent years either.
Original post by AR_95
Jam is around :smile: and Rabiot is the most likely DM we're to get out of the named 3 (khedira Carvalho etc)

Expecting an under the radar signing though as usual

Rabiot's gone to Roma for £12m.
Original post by NDGAARONDI
People said West Ham were too good to go down once too. I'm more focusing on the fan reaction should the unlikely situation of not finishing in the top 4 happens, compared to the overall 'status quo' now.

I think the general consensus would be we need change and AW should go. He lauds himself on his ability to get us knocked out at the Ro16 into the CL and if he wasn't able to secure it, he'd have no leg to stand on.

We all know he wouldn't though because he has all the power at the club sadly.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest