Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only an hour after it ended, Palestinian media was already praising the Tel Aviv bus stabbing that injured nine with cheerful cartoons. Palestinian media rejoiced Wednesday over the gruesome Tel Aviv stabbing attack with a series of celebratory cartoons.

The first cartoon, drawn by cartoonist Bahaa Yaseen, was posted within the first 90 minutes following the attack. It shows a smiling terrorist holding a bloody knife and praising the attack, which at the time was reported to have injured 10 people. The figure stands in front of a sign that reads "Occupied Tel-A-rabia," a play on the words Tel Aviv. On the bus is the number of the bus line on which the attack took place and a Jewish star. Blood pours out of the doors and onto the street.

And in case people are wondering, these cartoons and incitement to kill are shown daily on mainstream 'palestinian' media and the official pages of 'palestinian' government websites/facebooks etc.

They even aired a tutorial on how to stab.

To think the 'palestinians' were burning the French flag and threatening to bomb France because of the "offensive Mohammed cartoons".

Yet they and the rest of Arabia post crap like this day in and day out.

ReputationRep:
    Fake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Despite the fact the area they call Palestine is run by terrorists, I do have reservations about this story until someone posts the source.

ReputationRep:
      Please don't believe everything u hear guys. Coz if u want the truth u won't be bad mouthing Palestinians.

ReputationRep:
      This story came from the Jerusalem Post

(Original post by LockheedSpooky)
      And in case people are wondering, these cartoons and incitement to kill are shown daily on mainstream 'palestinian' media and the official pages of 'palestinian' government websites/facebooks etc.
      … which also says

Both of the cartoons were eventually removed from Twitter and FaceBook.
      I'm not sure Twitter and Facebook necessarily count as "mainstream 'palestinian' media and the official pages of 'palestinian' government websites/facebooks etc."

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Simes)
      This story came from the Jerusalem Post

… which also says

I'm not sure Twitter and Facebook necessarily count as "mainstream 'palestinian' media and the official pages of 'palestinian' government websites/facebooks etc."
      The man who ran over and killed a mother and her baby was honored on the official 'palestinian' authority facebook page.

i.e it's not just a 'fan' page but the official government page.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Genocidal)
      Despite the fact the area they call Palestine is run by terrorists, I do have reservations about this story until someone posts the source.
      Yeah, it's not as if they have a history of going out into the streets to celebrate murdering civilians. :rolleyes:

After they killed the Fogel family and decapitated a 3 month old Israeli baby, they were in the streets celebrating.

Perhaps you'd be interested in this thread where your precious 'palestinians' threaten to bomb France.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3088765

ReputationRep:
      The man who ran over and killed a mother and her baby was honored on the official 'palestinian' authority facebook page.

i.e it's not just a 'fan' page but the official government page.
      Link?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Simes)
      Link?
      Why are you acting all surprised like you've never heard of this?

Oh, that's right. The BBC and European media never show it.

Anyway, I can't find the news link to the Jerusalem attack. There have been a spate of attacks and I don't know what to google in order to get that story.

He ran over and killed four people including a mother and child. His was described as a "martyr" and honored on the official facebook page of the 'palestinian' government who also posted cartoons mocking the spate of car attacks on Israelis.

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/12/31...ck-terrorists/

Oh and this was the 'palestinians' in Jordan after the Synagogue attack.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jerusalem-s...illers-1475721

Commemorating a terrorist who killed 37 civilians including 12 children

http://www.algemeiner.com/2014/03/20...d-37-israelis/

The cartoons

ReputationRep:
      Anyway, I can't find the news link to the Jerusalem attack.
      Meh.

The cartoons
      Cartoons. Meh.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Simes)
      Meh.
      If you are seriously claiming the Palestinians don't lionise terrorists, you clearly know nothing about their culture

Activists from terrorist groups regularly hand out candy after the murder of Jews. After the synagogue shooting, there was dancing in the streets and handing out of sweets

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...terror-attack/

Whether you like it or not, those are AP photos with AP captions.

ReputationRep:
      Why are you acting all surprised like you've never heard of this?
      Thanks for posting this. People on the "pro-Palestine" side (ironic, because these people almost always advocate that which leads to death and misery for Palestinians... it's almost like they don't actually care about the Palestinians and this is more about gratifying some urge they have) are so ludicrously biased that they cannot admit that straightforward and obvious things you raise... it would cause unbearable cognitive dissonance

This is a good example; Palestinians dancing in the streets and PFLP officials handing out sweets after four Jewish clerics are butchered with meat cleavers and axes

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...terror-attack/

You would have to be particularly bloodthirsty to do something like that. Verging on psychopathic

ReputationRep:
      Handing out sweets? Psychopathic? Seriously, get over yourselves.

ReputationRep:
      Has anyone noticed that Palestine isn't shown on Google maps?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Steezy)
      Has anyone noticed that Palestine isn't shown on Google maps?
      I went to maps.google.co.uk, typed in 'palestine' and got:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Simes)
      I went to maps.google.co.uk, typed in 'palestine' and got:

If you search for say, Jordan, then scroll around, all the country's names come up apart from Palestine

ReputationRep:
      So I know nothing about whats going on over there. Can someone give me a brief overview? I'd be very grateful.
      Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Believe me, TSR is the last place you'd want to ask...

ReputationRep:
      Seems like you want someone to do your homework.

But in a nutshell, which many posters here may object, is Israel as an ally of US; is committed to occupy Palestine Ort, one territory at a time, until there is no Palestine to physically point at. US will continue to provide 3billion USD and possibly more as "military aid" so that they can continue their onslaught with no financial difficulties

Officials reasons to justify this invasion will be:

1) Hamas is terrorist Organization and governs Palestine. (Since Israel called it first, Palestine can't do the same)
      2) Rockets are fired at Israel by Hamas. (Which most of them are defended and have minimum casualties)
      3) Hamas militants are *everywhere* in Palestine

My reasons to why they are justifying these, and other, attacks:

1) To increase their political influence and identity
      2) A pro US government in the Middle East region is very essential for US so that can economically exploit the oil reserves found in these "occupied lands"
      3) A religious belief in Judaism is that Jersualeum is holy city and should be exclusive to Jews.

I must say that lot of poster in TSR are really not that open minded when it comes to such issues. You should always verify each posters' claims as much as you can.

(Original post by AR_95)
      Believe me, TSR is the last place you'd want to ask...
      My advice to people like you is simple. If you don't know what you are talking about then don't post. Practice humility.

ReputationRep:
      During WW1 - Balfour Declaration. Britain agreed to help self-proclaimed Zionists establish a home land in Palestine in exchange for the victory of Britain and co in WW1.
      End of WW1 - Ottoman Empire is divided between the victors. Britain controls Palestine, Trans-Jordan and Iraq. France controls Lebanon and Syria.
      Late 1920s early 1930s - Hitler rises to power. Agrees with Zionists to facilitate the transfer of assets held by Jews that leave Germany for Palestine. Palestinians show disapproval of mass immigration. British forces repress protests.
      Start of WW2 - Jews still emigrate to Palestine, if they can.
      End of WW2 - Britain seeks to give Jews a homeland in Palestine aka Israel with the approval of the UN. Palestinians disapprove. Conflict breaks out.
      1946 onwards - Occupation of land. Removal of Palestinians from their homes etc.
      1948 - Arab Israeli war. Arab League (Eygpt, Syria etc) vs Israel

There onwards is tension between Israel and everyone around them. Various wars. Expansion of Israel land into Palestinian territory. Oppression brings about Hamas and Fattah.

This adds more context as to why Arabs dislike the US and Israel.

Israel is untouchable. Most people around them are classified as terrorists.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.