Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    are there many questions in QR that need standard form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    ahhh on medify timed practice im getting 22/40 which is my highest score so far in VR ..

how did you approach the reading comprehension style questions? did you eliminate options or use another method
    I would guess and flag all except the T/F/CT ones if I saw a short passage or question I would do them all the way. Limit yourself to at least 3 mins on the T/F/CT ones so you can go over the rest. Tbh I am happy with 600 in verbal so 560 wasn't bad for me in the exam. My highest has been 700+ but you got this. MOVE THE F**K ON AFTER 3 MINS. Ideally it should be 2 but if you are really struggling then make it 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I would guess and flag all except the T/F/CT ones if I saw a short passage or question I would do them all the way. Limit yourself to at least 3 mins on the T/F/CT ones so you can go over the rest. Tbh I am happy with 600 in verbal so 560 wasn't bad for me in the exam. My highest has been 700+ but you got this. MOVE THE F**K ON AFTER 3 MINS. Ideally it should be 2 but if you are really struggling then make it 3
    great!!! just out of interest, where are you applying??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    great!!! just out of interest, where are you applying??
    I am actually deciding that now! I hav a tab open for TSR and one for researching how uni's use the UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    I am actually deciding that now! I hav a tab open for TSR and one for researching how uni's use the UKCAT
    ahhh ok! are u doing BMAT?

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who has done the UKCAT! I wish you all the best with your med applications.

Just a question. Medify QR seems very calculator heavy compared the official pearson vue practice sets.

How the the real exam compare in terms of calculator use?

Cheers,
    K

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried the medify personal statement review? Don't wanna waste £55.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I am a graduate with a 1st in BSc Biomedical Sciences and just waiting for MSc results. A levels were terrible.
    Did my UKCAT and got:
    VR 530
    QR 670
    AR 700
    SJ Band 1

Average of 633 :/ Not sure if this is good enough for either GEM or 5 year course?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could provide my friend some advice regarding which universities would best suit her stats. Any advice would be much appreciated.
    First in Podiatry Degree
    UKCAT Avg 690 and band 1 in SJT.

ReputationRep:
    Ladies pls... You don't have to fight over me! You can both have me, not a problem at all!!!!
    Lmao 😛👯

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    ahhh ok! are u doing BMAT?
    Probably not!

ReputationRep:
    Is applying to King's too risky with 660 average and Band 2?

ReputationRep:
    Probably not!
    ahh ok lol!

ReputationRep:
    what's the fifth option people going for and which uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    No worries! Oh that's very unfortunate . Well there are places like Plymouth, st George's, already mentioned Liverpool up there that have lower cut offs so you are safe at those and they work towards your advantage as you still meet the cut off but as your ukcat is quite high it might also be useful considering other places as well! Whereas for me I'm simply looking to meet the cut off but you could also be fine if they ranked applicants (basically you have quite a few options so you are lucky!). Your GCSEs are really good and so are your AS well done! I'd say maybe don't try HYMS as they score with GCSEs too (work out your score though and see what you get and consider). Apparently UEA are good for ukcat but I'm not considering there so you'll have to have google for yourself for that one apply to Exeter if you have A*A*A*/A*A*A predictions though I'd say as very likely you would get an interview! SGUL would be a very good option! (I'm applying there too!) you should be guaranteed an interview there by the looks of it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much!!
    Could you perhaps advise me regarding the scoring process for Plymouth?? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet tbh...
    As for HYMS, I can't seem to find their scoring process for 2016 so I can't calculate my score for this year, but for 2015, I would have gotten 32/40 for GCSEs so I really don't know
    I don't know about Nottingham either now... My GCSE score is ****... I'm so annoyed at myself tbh
    I was going to apply for UEA but then I'm saving that for if I don't get in this year, I can reapply next year bc you can't apply twice to them. They also don't look at SJT so my Band 1 won't be of any benefit to me if I apply there...
    I don't know my predictions yet. What's annoying though, is that my chem teacher looks like he won't give me an A* prediction even though I was well into an A at AS (eighteen marks in for God's sake). I hope he's just joking around though.
    Exeter I probably won't apply to because of the competition tbh... my GCSEs are ****, and they probably don't look at ASs and my UKCAT isn't good enough to make up for anything. I also don't have enough work experience for Exeter and I'm not a rounded person... so I won't be applying there probs

Leicester and SGUL are my two almost set in stone options!! Let's hope we both get into SGUL xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Thinking of medical sciences at Dundee... wby? I'm not 100% sure tbh ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    Bradford foundation to clinical sciences

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I find out the different universities' weighting on sections? Like a universities' weighting on personal statement for example?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I find out the different universities' weighting on sections? Like a universities' weighting on personal statement for example?
    No clue tbh. If you find it can you send me a link? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Thinking of medical sciences at Dundee... wby? I'm not 100% sure tbh ngl.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im applying for dentistry, so not sure about my 5th option at all

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.