Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
chin up, chaps!
There's a lot of posts I want to reply to, but I don't really have the time. I hope you all have good days tomorrow.

I haven't even seen anyone in my house today. Been out the majority of the time though. Will probably make breakfast a bit awkward tomorrow though. No doubt I'm seen as some kind of traitor.
fairy spangles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh dear uni. is it actually worth it?
my specialiat told me if i was determined to my course then do it - but then i get stressed and then im ill then i get depressed then more stressed cause im down. im guess you can guess where im going with this.

conventgirl - i hate all medication its a shame i dont have more advice to offer you.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blackfish)
God I am feeling so ****.

Where I work there is a computer network that I run and maintain. Well the IT Department for the building decided they would go around and change the router, when they aren't contracted to manage the network. Well, they've disconnected the server, thus killing all the e-mail and user logons. Installed a router where the existing one was working perfectly well. Changed all the IP Address settings and made a right royal **** up of all my hard work. Well I went to my manager to resolve the situation, which ment they had to go to their manager who had to speak to the IT department (who shouldn't have even been touching my network in the first place). All because the IT Department wouldn't give me the ******* password so I could put everything right. POLITICS!!! ARGH!!! :mad:

All my hard work, gone, now even more work of putting it all right again

I just want to disappear right now...
I can relate to that. A couple of years ago I worked in a hospital pathology lab maintaining and developing their lab systems. But we were separate from the IT department so there were things we couldn't do ourselves. Annoyingly simple things sometimes.

One friday afternoon someone from IT decided to install a network printer and bugger off home. The problem was they set it up with a static IP that conflicted with one of the router interfaces. Which of course knocked out half the network bringing pathology down to a grinding halt. A friday afternoon is the worst time for that to happen because IT take the weekend off but pathology has to keep on going all the time, which they can't do without a functioning network. In the end I went home but my boss had to stay and get one of the IT people to come back from home and fix it.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, isn't that nice. I get back from uni and see my housemates for the first time in more than a day, and all I get is abuse because I won't drop everything there and then and go and play basketball with them. I'm "letting down the team", apparently.
"oh come on, I've only just got back, I'm well hungry. Sorry"
"but you're not sorry, are you?"
It's all gone really sour the last few weeks, and I don't understand why. I'll have to put up with this for the rest of the year no doubt.
hbandtr4eva
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It hurts. I can't do this. I miss him. I can't do this without him. He's part of me. I'm falling apart.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
It hurts. I can't do this. I miss him. I can't do this without him. He's part of me. I'm falling apart.
:console: I know it must hurt so much, but it will get better, honest.
hbandtr4eva
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
:console: I know it must hurt so much, but it will get better, honest.
It's not getting better. I think it's getting worse. I can't do it anymore. Missing him is pulling me apart. Right now all I can think is that one day he might want me back, that's the only thing that's stopping me from ringing him. I can't do it.
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
I feel emotionally drained. I want to sleep but I don't know if I can. I need to see someone at 2:15... to explain my absences last term. If I'm honest, all I want to do is hide under my duvet away from all this mess. I'm so paranoid. I keep thinking people hate me. I've done little work, just because I'm so tired and emotionally drained. I just don't understand the point. I didn't want this year to be like this - I thought better things would be in store. Fair enough, I'm at uni.. but I feel ridiculously unhappy and scared. I wish I was exaggerating.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I feel emotionally drained. I want to sleep but I don't know if I can. I need to see someone at 2:15... to explain my absences last term. If I'm honest, all I want to do is hide under my duvet away from all this mess. I'm so paranoid. I keep thinking people hate me. I've done little work, just because I'm so tired and emotionally drained. I just don't understand the point. I didn't want this year to be like this - I thought better things would be in store. Fair enough, I'm at uni.. but I feel ridiculously unhappy and scared. I wish I was exaggerating.
I feel like this too...

:console: I wish I could say something to help.

How is your mum?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
I feel like this too...

:console: I wish I could say something to help.

How is your mum?
I'm sorry you feel the same :hugs:. I wish there was something I could say to help, too. Do you know why?

Mum isn't great. She's still very weak from her op but trying to remain positive. She isn't telling me much about the treatment she will get as she gets too upset when people mention it. She must think about it all the time; it isn't fair of me to bring it up. But I only ask because I care. I love her so very much.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Feel so down today. Missed a lecture and handed in a pretty half-assed piece of work. I know it's nothing in the scheme of things, but I'm not really sure what I'm living for at the moment, apart from getting this degree.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
I'm sorry you feel the same :hugs:. I wish there was something I could say to help, too. Do you know why?

Mum isn't great. She's still very weak from her op but trying to remain positive. She isn't telling me much about the treatment she will get as she gets too upset when people mention it. She must think about it all the time; it isn't fair of me to bring it up. But I only ask because I care. I love her so very much.
:hugs: She must be very proud of you.
Revolutionary
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How do you go about getting an appointment with a psychiatrist of some sort?

I have know idea. I don't want to go to my GP unless extremely neccessary incase ny family findout.

Help!
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hbandtr4eva)
It's not getting better. I think it's getting worse. I can't do it anymore. Missing him is pulling me apart. Right now all I can think is that one day he might want me back, that's the only thing that's stopping me from ringing him. I can't do it.
Are you at home or uni at the moment?

You can do it, but it is going to be hard. Try and take things one day at a time. :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Revolutionary)
How do you go about getting an appointment with a psychiatrist of some sort?

I have know idea. I don't want to go to my GP unless extremely neccessary incase ny family findout.

Help!
Are you under 18? Could you talk to someone at your GP's surgery and check under what sort of circumstances your GP would talk to your family?

There's usually a long waiting list to see a psychiatrist on the nhs, and I think you do generally need to be referred by a GP.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Revolutionary)
Your GP is not allowed to tell your family about it. If you're still worried about it you could probably change your GP. Either way, seeing a GP is the best way to go about it.
Revolutionary
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
Your GP is not allowed to tell your family about it. If you're still worried about it you could probably change your GP. Either way, seeing a GP is the best way to go about it.
This will be awkward. oh well.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
Oh, isn't that nice. I get back from uni and see my housemates for the first time in more than a day, and all I get is abuse because I won't drop everything there and then and go and play basketball with them. I'm "letting down the team", apparently.
"oh come on, I've only just got back, I'm well hungry. Sorry"
"but you're not sorry, are you?"
It's all gone really sour the last few weeks, and I don't understand why. I'll have to put up with this for the rest of the year no doubt.
god just tell them to grow up and **** off
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
my year has been exactly the same. I still haven't done one bit of work since I got here. I don't really like it, the people I know never invite me anywhere and I haven't even done anything wrong for a change. At least I get to leave soon and go some place where people will like me.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads