Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airfairy)
    Using the word 'laps' is amazingly accurate.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    This PGCE has been like a marathon. I can't believe how much I've developed since starting the course back in September.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Cancelled external examiner for tomorrow and gf has gone to get crutches with a plan to be up and about by Wednesday.

(Original post by Red Lightning)
    This PGCE has been like a marathon. I can't believe how much I've developed since starting the course back in September.
    And it's brilliant now that we can see the finish line! It's been exhausting but I've loved it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. Well let us know. If you need to add on time in order to pass then it's well worth it!

What?! What does this mean for your course?! So sorry to hear this...

Using the word 'laps' is amazingly accurate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you. I'm having a meeting tomorrow to find out.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody here go to Chester for Primary PGCE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I leave my placement I'd like ti get the other trainee a gift. She is on an undergraduate qts degree so she still has another year left. I'd like to make a teacher training survival kit. Any suggestions what to put in it? What would you have wanted when you started your pgce?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I leave my placement I'd like ti get the other trainee a gift. She is on an undergraduate qts degree so she still has another year left. I'd like to make a teacher training survival kit. Any suggestions what to put in it? What would you have wanted when you started your pgce?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pens, since they always go missing.

Bath smellies, preferably a 'relaxing' theme, maybe a bath candle?

And alarm clock with the alarm set to 7pm. Stop working and enjoy being a human.

xxx

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG and see if you can get some nice quotes or messages from pupils she's taught.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chocolate!

One of those art therapy colouring books (they are amazing for stress!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely chocolate. Cold and flu tablets, lemsip, paracetamol.... Stationary, maybe some personalised stickers/a merit stamp? Post it notes

ReputationRep:
    4,000 words written in less than 24 hours... my mind hurts but LAST ESSAY SUBMITTED!

14 teaching days to go.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got a massive amount of stationery as a leaving present and it's all been so useful

I got something similar to this http://www.paperchase.co.uk/statione...nky-birds.html which I really liked.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SET-OF-8-S...item4196e153c3

ReputationRep:
    So we're on enrichment this week, and my lovely husband has given me the flu that he's had. Today he put his foot down and banned me from going to school but I hate not being able to go in, even if it is just observations!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Pleading with my girlfriend to go to school and she's having none of it.

I hate this. At least I'm getting faster on the crutches

ReputationRep:
    Could someone explain what is meant by abilities in the context of a lesson diary. Is it how well the students performed the task?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratchit99)
    So we're on enrichment this week, and my lovely husband has given me the flu that he's had. Today he put his foot down and banned me from going to school but I hate not being able to go in, even if it is just observations!
    I'm on enrichment week too, are you a Goldsmith student by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    I'm on enrichment week too, are you a Goldsmith student by the way?
    Im not, southampton is on enrichment too it seems

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I love them. I love buying presents so I'm quite excited to buy my little 'teacher training survival kit'

ReputationRep:
    Had my meeting today. We are trying something new next week and if that fails I'll fail the course. Sounds like I'll know what's happening by a week on Friday. Going to be on tenterhooks til then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    Had my meeting today. We are trying something new next week and if that fails I'll fail the course. Sounds like I'll know what's happening by a week on Friday. Going to be on tenterhooks til then.
    I'm sorry to hear that. What is the 'something new'?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.