Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lol 30 Days left of the window and Wenger has done **** all besides signing a French Youngster. I love being an Arsenal fan.

ReputationRep:
    God you guys coming out with all this sarcasm and vitriol about Wenger and this transfer window need to just shut the **** up until the window actually closes.

There's still a month. When we've still not signed anyone by then, have your fit. Until then, be patient and stop acting like children. We put two huge bids in for one of the world's best players. It's hardly been a transfer window without ambition so far, even if nothing has materialised, and I find it hard to believe that Wenger has said he wants to spend big to improve the squad, matched that with huge sums of money, and then will just stay stagnant for the rest of the window.

I know it's a tough wait but seriously guys, there's plenty of time to go. Learn a bit of ****ing patience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Jens was nuts. He should have accepted the goal and then moved on. Absolutely no doubt we had the better players and even wirt 10 mwn we had enough chances to win it 3-0, it should have been our first CL. That's football, CFC/Abromavich has a medal and Wenger doesnt. The good guys dont always win.
    Add to the fact we were dominated ever since the second leg of the benfica match and we still won the trophy.
    Plus there's barca winning the CL in 09 and 11, pathetic refereeing displays. As much as I didn't like bayern munich they played with integrity for the most part(bar the final 15 mins when they were about to get knocked out by you guys), I think inter's treble was the best treble I've seen though. Considering the barca match. Might make a thread on best treble :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)
    God you guys coming out with all this sarcasm and vitriol about Wenger and this transfer window need to just shut the **** up until the window actually closes.

There's still a month. When we've still not signed anyone by then, have your fit. Until then, be patient and stop acting like children. We put two huge bids in for one of the world's best players. It's hardly been a transfer window without ambition so far, even if nothing has materialised, and I find it hard to believe that Wenger has said he wants to spend big to improve the squad, matched that with huge sums of money, and then will just stay stagnant for the rest of the window.

I know it's a tough wait but seriously guys, there's plenty of time to go. Learn a bit of ****ing patience.
    It's very true what you say but it would still sound better without the foul language.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    You mean if Barca hadn't bribed the referee, who know what may have happened.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChildishHambino)
    just because the loser journalists at the bbc aren't reporting it, doesn't mean that no talks are being held.
    Wenger said himself Arsenal aren't close to signing anyone. Wenger said himself he thinks this current team is able to challenge for trophies. Nothing is being reported because nothing is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashman117)
    Wenger said himself Arsenal aren't close to signing anyone. Wenger said himself he thinks this current team is able to challenge for trophies. Nothing is being reported because nothing is happening.
    we still don't know what's going on behind closed doors though. When has wenger been one to slut himself out to the media and tell them everything? Fans need to calm down the window isn't even close to closing yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schichtoe)

Stop being naive, bids mean nothing until we've actually signed someone. Don't give wenger a pat on the back for bidding. We could lodge a 70 million bid for messi but it doesn't mean **** because we wouldn't get him

ReputationRep:
    He also said he didn't know who Cazorla was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    Stop being naive, bids mean nothing until we've actually signed someone. Don't give wenger a pat on the back for bidding. We could lodge a 70 million bid for messi but it doesn't mean **** because we wouldn't get him
    I don't like 'Arsenal fans' talking about patience in this window. Waiting 8+ years for a trophy, that's patience.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like 'Arsenal fans' talking about patience in this window. Waiting 8+ years for a trophy, that's patience.
    Do you want a pat on the back for that? Supporting a club shouldn't be a task and if you think its a task for you to be patient then look elsewhere. If all that matters to you is a piece of silverware which you will never see or haven't even earned for yourself then you shouldn't support this club.

ReputationRep:
    Which attribute does the current squad lack most?
    A) strength
    B) clinical finishing
    C) leadership
    D) creativity
    E) defensive cohesion

for my money itd be leadership, but interested to know peoples thoughts!

ReputationRep:
    Some people talk about patience. Funny - ROFL
    ===========

If we win the emirates cup, i can promise you that wenger wont buy any new player this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xamanus)
    A) strength
    B) clinical finishing
    C) leadership
    D) creativity
    E) defensive cohesion

leadership was lacked at points, but that seems like a problem which will solve itself -- now that we have a team thats not changing each year + wilshire emerging as a leader/captian

- Im torn between clinical finishing, and strength..

ReputationRep:
    A) strength
    B) clinical finishing
    C) leadership
    D) creativity
    E) defensive cohesion

I would also say d creativity. Apart from Carzola I think we are really lacking in this regard which is odd as an Arsene Wenger team. Wilshere has a lot of strengths and he does offer some creativity but not nearly enough for us to stick him in the AM position. The difference in our play with Rosicky a true AM compared with Ramsey or Wilshere is huge. I genuinely believe we need much more creativity. I love our wingers podolski and walcott because they are both goalscorers but I keep wondering if we'd be better of with a creative winger because as it stands I still dont think we have really replaced Nasri

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some people talk about patience. Funny - ROFL
    ===========

If we win the emirates cup, i can promise you that wenger wont buy any new player this season
    We better not win the cup then. It took an 8-2 thrashing by Man Utd for Wenger to finally spend some money a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I just do not understand the dislikes... How can you not be angry after all these years? Christ you've been brainwashed too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zyyz)
    I just do not understand the dislikes... How can you not be angry after all these years? Christ you've been brainwashed too much
    I didn't neg
    I think wenger recently signed a new contract, if so I don't understand why, I think if he doesn't make an attempt to challenge for trophies this season he needs to go. They've all talked about our financial power now and it's about time we see some signings . If wenger starts this season with no more new signings he needs to go. As I cannot see our squad competing for trophies currently and its about time we try and get back to the top and not settle for fourth

ReputationRep:
    Nah we're looking strong for the season.

We haven't lost since March (vs Spurs),
    Beat Bayern in their back yard 2-0 (Bayern go onto win the UCL),
    We seem to finally have a decent centre back partnership with Koscielny and Mertesacker,
    We haven't sold any big stars unlike the last 3 seasons (Cesc, Nasri & RvP)

Seriously, I genuinely think we can finish in the Top 3 at least this season, with both City and United changing managers, and Chelsea (although it is Jose of course lol) and Bale looks to be off to Real Madrid so that's Bale FC out of the picture.

Really think we can do well this season. I'd say there is a 85% chance we'll end our Trophy 'drought' this season. Maybe the FA Cup, and not just the Emirates Cup lol!

Dan the Gooner signing off!

In Arsene we trust,,,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanieleRosato)
    Nah we're looking strong for the season.

We haven't lost since March (vs Spurs),
    Beat Bayern in their back yard 2-0 (Bayern go onto win the UCL),
    We seem to finally have a decent centre back partnership with Koscielny and Mertesacker,
    We haven't sold any big stars unlike the last 3 seasons (Cesc, Nasri & RvP)

Seriously, I genuinely think we can finish in the Top 3 at least this season, with both City and United changing managers, and Chelsea (although it is Jose of course lol) and Bale looks to be off to Real Madrid so that's Bale FC out of the picture.

Really think we can do well this season. I'd say there is a 85% chance we'll end our Trophy 'drought' this season. Maybe the FA Cup, and not just the Emirates Cup lol!

Dan the Gooner signing off!

In Arsene we trust,,,
    That's optimistic?! Not sure about the rophy though
    Its not as if bayern took us seriously that leg did they?
    Bale isn't officially off yet, they haven't even put a bid in
    Man city have made quality signings, Chelsea just lack a quality striker, man u are man u lol!
    I optimistically believe we may scrape 3rd currently (below man city and Chelsea) if noone makes any more signing

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.