ReputationRep:
    Lovren can defend himself better than this. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    AR in full on #salty mode
    I would say he's #obsessed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arturo Bandini(the guy you started the argument with) was parring the **** out of you as well though
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    And this is why stats are pointless in a discussion about a footballer's ability.Why watch football when we've got FM, Fifa and Squawka though, right?
    I really don't care about AR's input to this conversation either.
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Did I say he wasn't?
    No you didn't but you were definitely implying that when you said:-

(Original post by Lúcio)
    My only argument is that the statistics suggest Benteke is a superior forward to Giroud. Obviously that isn't always the full picture, but we all know Benteke is near world class when on form and the hope is that perhaps he can at some point replicate that at Liverpool.
    Only except the statistic's suggest that they are both the same as they have similar goalscoring rates and you're going on an inference by the team they play for, while I'm going for(the frankly better inference) of systems utilised for each specific player to suggest the ability differential of the two players.

There is a reason why Demba Ba struggled for goals at Chelsea when he was scoring for fun at Newcastle as a striker. Even when he was starting for us because of the system.

There is a reason despite spending 100's of millions of pounds on the top attacking talents in the world that Manchester United are struggling for goals.
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'm not saying i'm onnocent; i have a tendancy to retaliate and i have no time for people with a grudge against me, but all i'm trying to do is have a discussion about two football players; if you don't have anything worthwhile to say then please just piss off.
    Firstly I have no grudge against anybody and judge each post individually. But I find it jokes that you can try and banter Arsenal fans over a point that a striker who is on the same ability level(as of today) that is bought for 23M extra is worthwhile to make a joke about, if anything Liverpool are the joke in this moment in time for paying so much for a striker who is not substantially better than a £12M option.

I have no crew on this website and implying that I do really just makes your argument pathetic with ad homs.

ReputationRep:
    Reported for avoiding the swear filter

ReputationRep:
    Reported for discussing reports in public forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Reported for discussing reports in public forum
    Reported for lousy/pedantic reporting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Arturo Bandini(the guy you started the argument with) was parring the **** out of you as well though

I really don't care about AR's input to this conversation either.
    No you didn't but you were definitely inferring that when you said:-

Only except the statistic's suggest that they are both the same as they have similar goalscoring rates and you're going on an inference by the team they play for, while I'm going for(the frankly better inference) of systems utilised for each specific player to suggest the ability differential of the two players.

There is a reason why Demba Ba struggled for goals at Chelsea when he was scoring for fun at Newcastle as a striker. Even when he was starting for us because of the system.

There is a reason despite spending 100's of millions of pounds on the top attacking talents in the world that Manchester United are struggling for goals.
    Firstly I have no grudge against anybody and judge each post individually. But I find it jokes that you can try and banter Arsenal fans over a point that a striker who is on the same ability level(as of today) that is bought for 23M extra is worthwhile to make a joke about, if anything Liverpool are the joke in this moment in time for paying so much for a striker who is not substantially better than a £12M option.

I have no crew on this website and inferring that I do really just makes your argument pathetic with ad homs.
    I'm really not interested in arguing about this any longer. I'd rather just discuss the footballing points now if that suffices?

Trust me, I completely understand your points; sometimes when a player moves up a level they aren't the star of the show anymore.
    Many players that look amazing for relegation battling sides can move to a top 8 team and be absolutely average.

Perhaps the same thing will happen with Benteke, perhaps not.
    I think the thing about Liverpool though is that we have the ability to be versatile with this.
    We have a host of different systems we can use with the players we have available, so there's no reason why we can't tailor one around the big new signing who has proven he can score goals.
    I feel like out of all the top teams in the league, we really have the grounds to be more experimental with our new signing which is why I was fairly optimistic about his chances if Rodgers can utilise him well.

In any case, yes I agree that it's a fairly large sum to pay for a player but considering he has PL experience, I don't think it's THAT bad. It's certainly better than paying even more money for a teenager with an average record at best like United did with Martial

Regardless, I feel like Benteke > Giroud. Perhaps I suffer from bias in that perception, although I will be interested to see how they both do this season, especially if Sturridge can form a good partnership when he returns.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Christ just got back off holiday and was considering looking over the 20 pages I missed but after this page alone and the petty little fits I dont think I'll bother wasting my time

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see Debuchy's comments? Pathetic mentality, hate the guy before them, now he wants to leave because he's been (rightfully) displaced.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Lol I've refrained from insulting him in two posts but he's accused me of being a ball licker, and part of the Luke hate group.

Know girls on periods who are more stable than this tit

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Christ just got back off holiday and was considering looking over the 20 pages I missed but after this page alone and the petty little fits I dont think I'll bother wasting my time
    You haven't missed anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Anyone see Debuchy's comments? Pathetic mentality, hate the guy before them, now he wants to leave because he's been (rightfully) displaced.
    I say good riddance, with bellerin and jenko, he won't be missed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toussaint)
    I say good riddance, with bellerin and jenko, he won't be missed!
    Yeah the guy is a chump, doesn't deserve to be at this club tbh

ReputationRep:
    he's one of wenger's worst signings imo

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a tad harsh. When he was signed, I thought he was a good replacement for sagna, if a bit short-sighted at 29. It's just his 2 freak injuries that meant bellerin has eclipsed him now.

Given his comments though, he can very well leave and no one will miss him. I wonder if this is just a ploy to get Wenger to play him more in which case, I hope it is ignored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

You haven't missed anything.
    Nah there must have been some hilarious meltdown after deadline day, man like stefano peggles and clockender must have got loud surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    You know you're a ****ing loser when first thing back from holiday you go to TSR to read the Arsenal thread...
    Says the one with almost 3 times as many posts as most other people

ReputationRep:
    Hah. Lel.

ReputationRep:
    banters flowing in here tonight

ReputationRep:
    This thread ffs. Where have I been

ReputationRep:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.