Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    No clue tbh. If you find it can you send me a link? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found this:
    file:///C:/Users/DAT%20GUY/Downloads/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf

Doesn't have information for a lot of them but it is really helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123chem)
    im applying for dentistry, so not sure about my 5th option at all
    Ahh that is quite tricky since your PS is really focused on teeth... My friend who is applying for dentistry is also applying for languages. Email the unis you have in mind for your 5th option and ask if they would be okay with a PS geared towards dentistry a lot of unis are fine with that and still consider you if you meet their entry requirements. hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .......Jeff458)
    I found this:
    file:///C:/Users/DAT%20GUY/Downloads/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf

Doesn't have information for a lot of them but it is really helpful
    I've already read this. But thanks! It's good in showing how the application process works at different places but really could be more specific.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!! Just wanted to know if Kings, Barts, St Georges or Imperial look at the SJT section of the UKCAT???

ReputationRep:
    I got 810 avg with a band 1, which Unis like a high Ukcat score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dioscorea)
    Edinburgh Glasgow Newcastle etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dioscorea)
    Kings College London, Newcastle, Glasgow, St Andrews

ReputationRep:
    UKCAT tomorrow, lets hope I have some luck and get a good test unlike last year Doing so bad in my mocks, I swear medify gave me all the easy Qs in timed pratice just to boost my confidence until I did all the mocks which shattered em

ReputationRep:
    Guys Sheffield Hav changed their policy from last yr. They rank you based on ukcat n mine is crap with 650 avg. I don't think there's any point in me applying to there cuz the cut off last year would Hav been 2030 last yr with the new method. Currently so stressed because I thought Sheffield was a set in stone one. Any other unis that are Gd to apply to with low ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can't think name)
    Guys Sheffield Hav changed their policy from last yr. They rank you based on ukcat n mine is crap with 650 avg. I don't think there's any point in me applying to there cuz the cut off last year would Hav been 2030 last yr with the new method. Currently so stressed because I thought Sheffield was a set in stone one. Any other unis that are Gd to apply to with low ukcat?
    Is this for medicine or dentistry??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidpatel)
    Is this for medicine or dentistry??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Medicine

ReputationRep:
    my score won't increase from 25/40 in VR medify limited time practice!!!
    What can i do to bring it up?
    Its causing my average to decrease

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d010534)
    Thank you so much!!
    Could you perhaps advise me regarding the scoring process for Plymouth?? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet tbh...
    As for HYMS, I can't seem to find their scoring process for 2016 so I can't calculate my score for this year, but for 2015, I would have gotten 32/40 for GCSEs so I really don't know
    I don't know about Nottingham either now... My GCSE score is ****... I'm so annoyed at myself tbh
    I was going to apply for UEA but then I'm saving that for if I don't get in this year, I can reapply next year bc you can't apply twice to them. They also don't look at SJT so my Band 1 won't be of any benefit to me if I apply there...
    I don't know my predictions yet. What's annoying though, is that my chem teacher looks like he won't give me an A* prediction even though I was well into an A at AS (eighteen marks in for God's sake). I hope he's just joking around though.
    Exeter I probably won't apply to because of the competition tbh... my GCSEs are ****, and they probably don't look at ASs and my UKCAT isn't good enough to make up for anything. I also don't have enough work experience for Exeter and I'm not a rounded person... so I won't be applying there probs

Leicester and SGUL are my two almost set in stone options!! Let's hope we both get into SGUL xx
    May I ask Wat ur ukcat average was? N how did u calculate ur score for HYMS? Do they look at ur overall ukcat or each section?

ReputationRep:
    Did you find that you did better in the medify mocks or the real exam??????

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I guessed 90% of the ones in the exam. But I actually wrote down any pattern from any question that I did and right before my exam I just memorised all of them so I was aware.

ReputationRep:
    I had my percentage changes a lot and also loads of means which was quite unusual and I'd never seen before

ReputationRep:
    For those who have taken the test, in the QR section are there lots of questions on area, particularly circles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASupertramp)
    For those who have taken the test, in the QR section are there lots of questions on area, particularly circles?
    If I remember correctly I had just one question on a circle which was related tocalculating easy enough circle calculations ie circumference etc but I cant recall having to work out area! I had plenty of questions on pie charts which are circles but nothing to do with area of course. I guess its just the luck of what selection you get on the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASupertramp)
    I only had a few area questions and they weren't all based on circles. For me it was mainly percentages, using information from tables and speed = distance/time questions

ReputationRep:
    I feel so much relief, I did well this time round!

VR 640
    QR 830
    AR 670
    SJT band 1
    AVG = 713

I was not doing too great in my mocks, medify between 600-666 and UKCAT mock C i think i got 630-666 and other 2 about 550 and 600. The maths was a lot easier. Didn't even have any speed Qs and even gave me the area of circle formula but you should know this. I thought I did badly cause I skipped 2 passages on VR near the start so I can move on to some easier and T/F Qs. Ran out of time to recheck. AR I found to be about the same I guess. My advice is to try and not panic, I skipped like 2 section of Qs and went through them. The latter half is easier Qs imo, even had time to go back, managed to answer like 6 Qs. They weren't hard I just saw a lot of text and moved on. No idea how I got band 1 on SJT, a lot of scenarios I wasn't too familiar with despite a lot of Qs i done on Medify, I picked the safe option in the middle and tried not to pick too many extremes...

Any ideas where to apply that look fondly on graduates? I'm probably gonna apply all to undergrad to be safe, Glasgow + Dundee, not sure if I should do aberdeen (my ref ain't that great) or belfast since the interview was so damn hard!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.