Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Noara)
    Hahaha that "cousin" part made me laugh so hard! I've actually talked to my parents about it. My parents are very liberal and they are totally fine with me dating/marrying whoever I want as long as he is not a serial killer.. Obv
    The thing is that there are a lot of sensible people there are well who don't run after money and nationality. It's just that they're hard to find.
    And I know all about the "omg they live outside Pakistan, their lives are amazing. Let's all poop on them" part. I guess we've got a few common experiences here, haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know right! My cousins have married their cousins or relatives and I don't agree to it, it's just gross plus I want to find someone and fall in love, not be arranged in a marriage. Too many girls are forced into marriage, no wonder why they leave their family and go date a non believer. My parents are fine with finding someone outside the family, they've never encouraged marrying a cousin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    It's disgusting. All they want is a visa and a marriage proposal to become to England, I am not marrying any of my cousins, they can forget that. And they assume our lives are so amazing here but we've had to work hard, half of them don't even do anything!
    Shouldnt really be generalinsg like that, if you realise we came from pakistan our grandparents came from there.
    Very wrong to look down on someone like that, you know what the pakistan circumstances are like its corrupt with so much poverty. We just happened to be lucky and we should be grateful were in england with much better circumstances and opportunities because of our grandparents.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Shouldnt really be generalinsg like that, if you realise we came from pakistan our grandparents came from there.
    Very wrong to look down on someone like that, you know what the pakistan circumstances are like its corrupt with so much poverty. We just happened to be lucky and we should be grateful were in england with much better circumstances and opportunities because of our grandparents.
    No I know that, but with my family out there, they generally don't do anything and I know many people there that don't. Pakistan never seems to speak up for itself as a country, instead it hides behind India.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  886804_1345951002085342_8044089832483505659_o.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  166.6 KB My transformation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza97ahmed)
    Name:  886804_1345951002085342_8044089832483505659_o.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  166.6 KB My transformation
    i didst not knoweth thee w're a chocolate bar

ReputationRep:
    No I know that, but with my family out there, they generally don't do anything and I know many people there that don't. Pakistan never seems to speak up for itself as a country, instead it hides behind India.
    Lol do you realise how big and how much power india have??? It stems so deep much easier said then done. India in terms of people and countries are so far ahread of pakistan its laughable. In education indians are much much much better statistically speaking Chinese and indians are amongst the two most intelligent of ethnic groups. Pakistani bangladeshi etc do the worst. That alone speaks volumes we arent even talking pure pakistanis this is referring to 2nd/3rd generation.

Hence you can see theres a much better foundation amongst indians which is the reason they are so successful.

ReputationRep:
    I know right! My cousins have married their cousins or relatives and I don't agree to it, it's just gross plus I want to find someone and fall in love, not be arranged in a marriage. Too many girls are forced into marriage, no wonder why they leave their family and go date a non believer. My parents are fine with finding someone outside the family, they've never encouraged marrying a cousin.
    Well, I wouldn't categorize it as "gross" as long as the two people involved are happy with their decision but personally, I wouldn't go for it either. I guess, we all have our own opinions and perspectives ,right?
    Well, I wouldn't go for arranged marriage either tbh. I like that whole love feeling as well haha 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    this is the closest anyone on this website shall seeth of me

in this spoileth'r encloses a wid'r range picture of me
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Name:  12986747_1333029476713932_1284542092_o.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  78.2 KB
    me nd the boyf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaMaleOfPeace)
    You're going to catfish a picture of Seid with his shirt on?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_98)
    Name:  12986747_1333029476713932_1284542092_o.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  78.2 KB
    me nd the boyf
    Your bf looks like a Disney prince :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    You're going to catfish a picture of Seid with his shirt on?!
    das it mane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    Your bf looks like a Disney prince :ahee:
    haha! I know right, the stereotypical 'prince charming'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy_98)
    haha! I know right, the stereotypical 'prince charming'

You look better without the lipstick though.

I always thought girls with red lipstick was unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixton Bossman)
    You look better without the lipstick though.

I always thought girls with red lipstick was unnecessary.
    Red lipstick is hot shh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobML)
    Red lipstick is hot shh
    Yeah but that's my opinion, I just don't find red lipstick attractive on most girls.

I just think it makes them look clownish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brixton Bossman)
    Yeah but that's my opinion, I just don't find red lipstick attractive on most girls.

I just think it makes them look clownish.
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheikhspeare II)
    this is the closest anyone on this website shall seeth of me

in this spoileth'r encloses a wid'r range picture of me
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Amazing eye colour!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM)
    Lol do you realise how big and how much power india have??? It stems so deep much easier said then done. India in terms of people and countries are so far ahread of pakistan its laughable. In education indians are much much much better statistically speaking Chinese and indians are amongst the two most intelligent of ethnic groups. Pakistani bangladeshi etc do the worst. That alone speaks volumes we arent even talking pure pakistanis this is referring to 2nd/3rd generation.

Hence you can see theres a much better foundation amongst indians which is the reason they are so successful.
    It is frustrating, I want to be from a country I'm proud of it and I used to be but know it's filled with bad rep and people just assume I'm Indian anyways.

(Original post by Noara)
    Well, I wouldn't categorize it as "gross" as long as the two people involved are happy with their decision but personally, I wouldn't go for it either. I guess, we all have our own opinions and perspectives ,right?
    Well, I wouldn't go for arranged marriage either tbh. I like that whole love feeling as well haha 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know who you've charmed on here and yeah same here, if it is an arranged marriage then it has to be someone that matches me, and I want to know them before the wedding and make my own decision, not just marry then and know them five minutes before.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.