Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    I'm sorry to hear that. What is the 'something new'?
    I'm moving to a new school with a bigger class for the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    I'm moving to a new school with a bigger class for the week.
    Ok. Do you think that will do the trick? Do you need a fresh start?

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Do you think that will do the trick? Do you need a fresh start?
    We are all in agreement that something needs to change! I think it will be helpful to have a fresh start but I am very nervous about a new (older!) class. In some ways I suspect it will be much harder but they must have their reasons for thinking this will help. Not sure if I will be returning to my current class if everything goes well. Sad about that because I love teaching them!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's possible to teach an entire lesson sitting down? Nobody wants me to go in tomorrow but I can't stand staying at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Do you think it's possible to teach an entire lesson sitting down? Nobody wants me to go in tomorrow but I can't stand staying at home.
    It's how I teach all of mine....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alabelle)
    We are all in agreement that something needs to change! I think it will be helpful to have a fresh start but I am very nervous about a new (older!) class. In some ways I suspect it will be much harder but they must have their reasons for thinking this will help. Not sure if I will be returning to my current class if everything goes well. Sad about that because I love teaching them!
    Well, I hope it works out for you.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's how I teach all of mine....
    I think I'd have to actively hunt a chair down to teach sitting down. Everyone at my school seems to teaching standing. Might just have to give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I hope it works out for you.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, just explain to the pupils that you've hurt your leg and need to sit. However. If you are meant to be staying completely off it do what the doctor says!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I teach half and half. The more comfortable I am with my class and the better behaved they are, the more I get away with it.

If I were you I'd go in and explain you can't stand. Everyone should understand that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd have to actively hunt a chair down to teach sitting down. Everyone at my school seems to teaching standing. Might just have to give it a go.
    You need an office chair with castors. I whizz around the classroom on mine because I'm too old and lazy to get up and the kids think it's hilarious. (In a good way!)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You need an office chair with castors. I whizz around the classroom on mine because I'm too old and lazy to get up and the kids think it's hilarious. (In a good way!)
    I've pushed my office chair into the classroom I'll be in today. Now to figure out how to go and pee without any issues because there's one main flight of stairs and I don't want pupils seeing me struggle

(Original post by Airfairy)
    I teach half and half. The more comfortable I am with my class and the better behaved they are, the more I get away with it.

If I were you I'd go in and explain you can't stand. Everyone should understand that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm only really worried about my year 9s programming because they tend to need me near their computers. And then my year 11s and their coursework because I can't go and check everything is working as it should.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the topic....I find the less I know about it the more I have to stand up...clears my mental block. If you are engaging then the kids don't really care whether you are sitting down or not...saying that standing up and moving round is good in classes where there is a potential management problem.

ReputationRep:
    I've pushed my office chair into the classroom I'll be in today. Now to figure out how to go and pee without any issues because there's one main flight of stairs and I don't want pupils seeing me struggle

I'm only really worried about my year 9s programming because they tend to need me near their computers. And then my year 11s and their coursework because I can't go and check everything is working as it should.
    If it is a anything ike our school, every class will have a kid on crutches in it and no one will be at all bothered.

ReputationRep:
    Absolute nightmare!! I think I've misplaced all my sheets with my marks on for the classes I teach! I'm fairly certain the class teachers will need those marks to include in their own mark book...

Going to have to search high and low tonight!

ReputationRep:
    There was a few people on here who mentioned having ofsted in for the uni.

Was it okay? I'm majorly panicking as they are watching me tomorrow but assessing the unis quality of teacher training

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There was a few people on here who mentioned having ofsted in for the uni.

Was it okay? I'm majorly panicking as they are watching me tomorrow but assessing the unis quality of teacher training

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got observed by ofsted and looking back I worried and stressed out for absolutely nothing. They aren't there to observe you or your teaching. What they are looking for is how well your uni have looked after you during the Pgce.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Okay so day two of teaching on crutches.

Everything hurts. My hand are so painful I could actually cry. Everyone is telling me to go home before I damage myself but it's year 11 deadline and I don't want to do anything that might risk my placement.

Everything sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Lightning)
    I got observed by ofsted and looking back I worried and stressed out for absolutely nothing. They aren't there to observe you or your teaching. What they are looking for is how well your uni have looked after you during the Pgce.
    Thanks this really makes me feel better. I have my obs at 11:20 and your post has calmed me down a lot. Will rep when I'm on laptop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks this really makes me feel better. I have my obs at 11:20 and your post has calmed me down a lot. Will rep when I'm on laptop

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're definitely not there to check on you. Entirely there to make sure the uni is doing its job supporting you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.