Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Darren Fletcher has made the 157th most fouls this season, a total of 17, picking up 2 yellow cards. "Anti-football".

Alex Song is unquestionably a dirtier scrote, making the 10th most fouls this season, a total of 45 (well over twice as many), and has picked up double the amount of yellow cards. I presume you want some *insert generic distasteful 'joke'* to happen to him as well?

Fletcher has played in more games.

Suppose you'll hide behind wumming now, seeing as the truth doesn't back you up?
    Do you have a breakdown of how many fouls were given at and away from OT?

I wonder. I really ****ing do.

You are abundantly aware that Arsenal do not get decisions at home or away before you start with more tiresome diatribe.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and what's that? Ben Foster isn't an imperious impregnable wall of a goallie anymore?

****ing joke.

**** off Birmingham.

Sick of teams making it their absolute mission to beat Arsenal. Boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    psychological boost, eh.

Arsene and his psychology. He should be teaching psychology given how keen he is to talk about ze mental strenff and ze psychological damidge to his players over the last week.

Anyway, bring it on. Had a horrible week at work and I need this kind of game as tonic for me :cool:

How many goals are you going to lose by then, folks?

Seriously. And be honest.
    If I had to guess I'd say we'll lose 2-1.

Honestly I do not think we're an inferior team, certainly not an inferior 11... but something will happen to make the difference. A penalty perhaps?

Starter for 10... when was the last Arsenal penalty at Old Trafford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Do you have a breakdown of how many fouls were given at and away from OT?

I wonder. I really ****ing do.

You are abundantly aware that Arsenal do not get decisions at home or away before you start with more tiresome diatribe.
    You can't sweep 28 fouls under the carpet using the usual corrupt referee act, please don't try.

The point is that Fletcher's reputation as a dirty player is unfair, and seeing as he commits under 1 foul per game i'd say the stats back me up. Can't think of a tackle where he has caused lasting damage either :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    You can't sweep 28 fouls under the carpet using the usual corrupt referee act, please don't try.

The point is that Fletcher's reputation as a dirty player is unfair, and seeing as he commits under 1 foul per game i'd say the stats back me up. Can't think of a tackle where he has caused lasting damage either :dontknow:
    I would say that Fletcher's fouls are (in general) more full-blooded than Song's though - Song's tend to be so-called 'tactical fouls' rather than anything cynical, though I admit he is a little clumsy sometimes.

ReputationRep:

He doesn't go in to cause damage as a rule, he 'isn't that type of player (TM)'.

BUT. He certainly is, like Vidic is, a real niggly scrote. He will pull shirts, knock people around, shove and trip people cynically and milk absolutely everything he can get away with.

I also would expect him to commit a significantly larger number of fouls when deployed in his full anti-football guise against Arsenal.

Against lower class teams he is not used in the same way... but even so, I would hazard that referees are inclined to not book him as they are too busy booking Song, Koscielny and co whenever they can.

I would be astounded if Fletcher didn't spend today's game kicking Arsenal around.

ReputationRep:
    had a PES game with one of my ManUtd mates and I lost by 3-2 at OT.... :/

ReputationRep:
    If I had to guess I'd say we'll lose 2-1.

Honestly I do not think we're an inferior team, certainly not an inferior 11... but something will happen to make the difference. A penalty perhaps?

Starter for 10... when was the last Arsenal penalty at Old Trafford?
    You'll do what you always do, bro, and blame the referee

As Arsenal fans always do.

I don't know when the last Arsenal penalty at Old Trafford was...
    is this a trick question, e.g. you've never been awarded one?

:eek::cool:

ReputationRep:
    COME ON :rave:

ReputationRep:
    almunia - sagna, djourou, koscielny, gibbs - denilson, diaby, wilshere - nasri, van persie, arshavin

ReputationRep:
    Was really hoping we didn't go with Denilson and Diaby in midfield. Hopefully they actually do their job of getting the ball to Jack unlike last time. He's clearly the only creative player there but they refuse to pass to him =/

ReputationRep:
    Oh and what's that? Ben Foster isn't an imperious impregnable wall of a goallie anymore?

****ing joke.

**** off Birmingham.

Sick of teams making it their absolute mission to beat Arsenal. Boring.
    so teams should let you beat them just because you play "beautiful football" :toofunny:
    you are a joke even when you are wumming

ReputationRep:
    Uniteds lineup :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    United:

VDS, O'Shea, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Brown, Gibson, Rafael, Rooney, Hernandez

Strange to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    The United team is absolutely awful. You guys should win this game. It could only get better for you if Carrick was playing.

ReputationRep:
    7 defenders and Gibson. Hmmm.

ReputationRep:
    That lineup is fake, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    That lineup is fake, right?
    Nope Carrick and Fletcher out injured apparently so with the midfield options he has...
    Their bench is going to be poor as well.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: not sure if srs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    United:

VDS, O'Shea, Smalling, Vidic, Evra, Fabio, Brown, Gibson, Rafael, Rooney, Hernandez

Strange to say the least.
    7-1-2?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.