Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    We call it Angle of Louis here at BL... or we have during anatomy so far :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    We call it Angle of Louis here at BL... or we have during anatomy so far :ninja:
    Eponyms annoy me. It's just being purposefully mysterious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    But they're great - Cushing's? Addison's?

So much shorter than calling them the real thing normally - mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome or Kawasaki disease? I know which I prefer :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lulz. Talking strictly anatomical eponyms, I'm cool with with lots of them: e.g. Adam's apple, Achilles tendon. And the Circle of Willis - which, let's face it, will just never be the cerebral arterial circle. But then others like the Angle of Louis & the Wolffian Ducts just upset me (this distinction seems rational in my head ).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I prefer the manubriosternal joint.
    I haven't heard that one before
    Or just giving more choice

ReputationRep:
    Anatomy annoys me generally. Can't believe I looked forward to studying this ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    Anatomy annoys me generally. Can't believe I looked forward to studying this ****.
    I don't mind anatomy. Got raped by metabolism this morning though. With a hangover too. Painful.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I hate writing up MDT cases.

The actually patient journey is quite interesting but the markscheme seems to be set up such that this has little marks and despite the way this is decribed as a piece of work to highlight other professionals involvement half the marks are for the clinical aspects and another quarter for reflection. As this is formative it means you could easliy pass without even mentioning any other team members. Whether this is an intentional FU to the GMC by imperial I don't know but it is anyoing as I wanted to actually do what the fluff said which was To actually look at an MDT case rather than pick a patient who was seen by a physio at some point and basically just needs a doctor. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind anatomy. Got raped by metabolism this morning though. With a hangover too. Painful.
    At least metabolism isn't taught by angry retired surgeons.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got access to this paper please?

Why does bone matrix contain non-collagenous proteins? The possible roles of osteocalcin, osteonectin, osteopontin and bone sialoprotein in bone mineralisation and resorption. Roach, Cell Biology International (1994) 18, 617–628

Edit: Got it - thanks crazylemon and sweetchilli

ReputationRep:
    Ha. Sums my stance up perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)

Why does bone matrix contain non-collagenous proteins? The possible roles of osteocalcin, osteonectin, osteopontin and bone sialoprotein in bone mineralisation and resorption. Roach, Cell Biology International (1994) 18, 617–628
    Had a look for you but it doesn't look like their website supports any kind of Athens/Shibboleth type thing.
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    Ha. Sums my stance up perfectly.
    Still better than histology.

ReputationRep:
    Had a look for you but it doesn't look like their website supports any kind of Athens/Shibboleth type thing.
    My online library thing is telling me that there's full text access, but it's not taking my uni log in details. Thanks for looking though

ReputationRep:
    My return here can be attributed to having absolutely **** all else to do tonight. Missed my entire day which included my first SSC session of the year because I was ill this morning, suddenly felt ok again, made the trip to euston, started getting stomach cramps as soon as I entered the foyer to the cruciform, vommed, turned back to euston, went home, slept for 4hours.

My conclusion is that I'm allergic to university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    My return here can be attributed to having absolutely **** all else to do tonight. Missed my entire day which included my first SSC session of the year because I was ill this morning, suddenly felt ok again, made the trip to euston, started getting stomach cramps as soon as I entered the foyer to the cruciform, vommed, turned back to euston, went home, slept for 4hours.

My conclusion is that I'm allergic to university.
    How are you doing now?

And hello! Long time, Miss J. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)

ReputationRep:
    How are you doing now?

And hello! Long time, Miss J. :awesome:
    I'm feeling less likely to vomit but I'm sad that I'm also having to miss rowing tomorrow in case it makes my throat worse (woke up unable to speak other than in small squeaks, much to my boyfriend's amusement who took it as an opportunity to make insults without me moaning at him) and I NEVER miss rowing!! I shouldn't be more bothered about this than my course but I am...

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm feeling less likely to vomit but I'm sad that I'm also having to miss rowing tomorrow in case it makes my throat worse (woke up unable to speak other than in small squeaks, much to my boyfriend's amusement who took it as an opportunity to make insults without me moaning at him) and I NEVER miss rowing!! I shouldn't be more bothered about this than my course but I am...

How are you?
    Loving second year, apart from the whole "medicine" thing. It's all been a bit **** in recent months but I thinking I'm pulling out of that now.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lantana)
    I haven't heard that one before
    It's the joint between the manubrium and the main sternum :dontknow:

I really like anatomy now that I'm doing the dissections.

And now that we're not doing limb anatomy :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    This. I've only been in medical school 28 days and I'm finding anatomy terribly tough. And Cambridge is apparently one of the best for anatomy teaching. Does every medical school make you learn everything apart from neuroanatomy in 1st year? It seems to move too fast to actually take anything in

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.