Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    WE SIGNED MESSI!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHm1NS_U2U

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    That's optimistic?! Not sure about the rophy though
    Its not as if bayern took us seriously that leg did they?
    Bale isn't officially off yet, they haven't even put a bid in
    Man city have made quality signings, Chelsea just lack a quality striker, man u are man u lol!
    I optimistically believe we may scrape 3rd currently (below man city and Chelsea) if noone makes any more signing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well there's no point being pessimistic, it's not like Wenger will be reading this and is going to listen to us lol! He knows what he is doing, and with our debts paid off finally, we look like the most stable club out there with a long serving manager and in the black (financially). Anyway, we'll see. Really hope we can get off to a good start!

ReputationRep:
    who over here thinks we have a chance of signing suarez?

ReputationRep:
    Ah forget being in this thread. These 'supporters' are just so negative. The clue is in that exact word. 'SUPPORT'. A team needs the most Support when it is feeling low, so stop constantly having a go at the team, and get behind them. Geez :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Gary Neville got me all excited after his comments on the final day of the season, what a ****...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanieleRosato)
    Ah forget being in this thread. These 'supporters' are just so negative. The clue is in that exact word. 'SUPPORT'. A team needs the most Support when it is feeling low, so stop constantly having a go at the team, and get behind them. Geez :eek:
    There's different ways of supporting - the way you describe but also one way expressing that you're not happy with the status quo. Many people feel they are being supportive by making clear that what is happening simply is not good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Gary Neville got me all excited after his comments on the final day of the season, what a ****...
    What did he say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    There's different ways of supporting - the way you describe but also one way expressing that you're not happy with the status quo. Many people feel they are being supportive by making clear that what is happening simply is not good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're absolutely right, and I've been in that position before when we were struggling big time, and Wenger just kept making ridiculous statements.

It's people who continually ignore any positive things and just go for the negatives. Arsenal haven't won a Trophy for 8 years, and we, as loyal Arsenal fans need to get behind the team, especially with all the young talent who need support, so they start playing for the fans and the club.

Some players in the recent past have clearly been playing for money and not the club (e.g. Denilson, Silvestre, Gervinho, Chamakh etc.)

We don't want to be a club who prides itself on finishing above Spurs. We must reach bigger heights than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Do you want a pat on the back for that? Supporting a club shouldn't be a task and if you think its a task for you to be patient then look elsewhere. If all that matters to you is a piece of silverware which you will never see or haven't even earned for yourself then you shouldn't support this club.
    Supporting a club should mean wanting them to be successful and not just sitting back and saying "not good enough is good enough". Voicing your opinion on your clubs faults doesn't make you any less of a fan than anyone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

We don't want to be a club who prides itself on finishing above Spurs. We must reach bigger heights than that.
    Exactly. And a lot of people have supported the club through these 8 years, through the losses of our star players, through the minimal spending and scraping fourth place.

And now, the talk ALL summer has been about how the new stadium, better commercial deals etc etc is finally reaping rewards and we can actually acquire a few class players to help us push to the next level. How Wenger is finally able to spend and willing to do so to improve the team. How we will no longer be settling just for fourth place. So understandably, if we don't do that and get to september 1st with no new signings while everyone around us strengthens, people are gonna be very frustrated. Of course there is still time and if we bring in good players then fair enough. But obviously the closer we get to the new season the more anxious people get about that.

Nah we're looking strong for the season.

We haven't lost since March (vs Spurs),
    Beat Bayern in their back yard 2-0 (Bayern go onto win the UCL),
    We seem to finally have a decent centre back partnership with Koscielny and Mertesacker,
    We haven't sold any big stars unlike the last 3 seasons (Cesc, Nasri & RvP)

Seriously, I genuinely think we can finish in the Top 3 at least this season, with both City and United changing managers, and Chelsea (although it is Jose of course lol) and Bale looks to be off to Real Madrid so that's Bale FC out of the picture.

Really think we can do well this season. I'd say there is a 85% chance we'll end our Trophy 'drought' this season. Maybe the FA Cup, and not just the Emirates Cup lol!

Dan the Gooner signing off!

In Arsene we trust,,,
    :football:

I don't necessarily share your optimism about top 3, but your points are all true and encouraging, we're as likely as any of the big clubs to win a cup, and some positivity is always nice to see! :top2:

(Original post by Schichtoe)
    God you guys coming out with all this sarcasm and vitriol about Wenger and this transfer window need to just shut the **** up until the window actually closes.

There's still a month. When we've still not signed anyone by then, have your fit. Until then, be patient and stop acting like children. We put two huge bids in for one of the world's best players. It's hardly been a transfer window without ambition so far, even if nothing has materialised, and I find it hard to believe that Wenger has said he wants to spend big to improve the squad, matched that with huge sums of money, and then will just stay stagnant for the rest of the window.

I know it's a tough wait but seriously guys, there's plenty of time to go. Learn a bit of ****ing patience.
    I was going to post something like this (with a rather different tone :p:). :yep: It's really not fair to say we're not doing anything - we have no idea what we're doing. Even if we don't sign anyone, I don't think it's a massive disaster. :dontknow: I would like to see some new faces in certain position, but we're an improving team on just about every front imo. There's more to be positive about then negative.

ReputationRep:
    Watch how Tottenham spend their £85m from Bale. Maybe there'll be a lesson for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love the comments here. Always a laugh

ReputationRep:
    It's either, wenger out or wenger's the best manager alive, arsenal will come first next season because they haven't changed managers and complaining about money grabbing players who win trophies at other clubs. There's very rarely middle ground bar the people who actually look objectively. Too many extremists on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    People just need to chill out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    People just need to chill out.
    You aint seen nothing yet. Wait for when we lose 1-0 to Villa on the opening day.

I'm roasting the corn as we speak.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    What did he say?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That he thinks Arsene Wenger knows its time to go (forward) now , we basically need to show what the last 8 years have been sacrificed for and that if it comes off it will look like one of the greatest managerial performances in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I was going to post something like this (with a rather different tone :p:). :yep: It's really not fair to say we're not doing anything - we have no idea what we're doing. Even if we don't sign anyone, I don't think it's a massive disaster. :dontknow: I would like to see some new faces in certain position, but we're an improving team on just about every front imo. There's more to be positive about then negative.
    To be fair, the tone I used seemed a bit more aggressive than intended. If there wasn't a profanity filter, I'd actually not have sworn. I just quite like bleeps to confer meaning.

I think we need additions to be competitive. We're improving, I agree, but not to the extent that we won't be left behind by the other teams who are supplementing their squads with quality players. I've been saying for a while, and I see a few others who've said similar things, that we need to have a bit of back-up to take the burden off Santi in that role. We played him way too hard last season, and relied on him too much. I like Rosicky in that role, but his injury record has been so poor that we can't form a concrete plan based on him. Supplementing with equivalent quality is going to cost a LOT (I'd guess 25-35m, we got Santi at a snip first time round and he still wasn't that cheap) but it's necessary, I think.

I think it'll happen. I believe!

ReputationRep:
    My Prediction for AFC this year.. (And recap)

June: WE ARE GONNA BUY EVERYONE
    July: We might buy a few....
    August: Decent start guys keep it up.
    3rd September: WE HAVE BROUGHT NO ONE ****
    September: WE WILL WIN THE TITLE
    October: We're 5th..
    November: Still 5th.
    December: WENGER OUT
    January: WENGER OUT
    1st February: 2 new classy players, Wenger is doing good.
    February: No Europe, no League cup, we're 6th, WENGER OUT
    March: We're gonna be 5th behind spurs... and we dropped out of R16 Champions League and 5th round of the FA Cup.
    April: We're unbeaten... doing good..
    May: WENGER YOU SEXY BUGGA WE BEAT THOSE DIRTY SPURS WE WILL WIN THE TITLE NEXT SEASON

June '14: We'll buy everyone
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Of course there is still time and if we bring in good players then fair enough. But obviously the closer we get to the new season the more anxious people get about that.
    Don't worry, this guy is still available...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.