Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    An interesting plan for dividing Israel into provinces was published a few months ago byHaaretz. It suggested a remedy for the fragmentation of Israeli society and its failure to create a melting pot for Jews immigrating to Palestine.

http://electronicintifada.net/conten...ng-peace/14204

ReputationRep:
    Are the Palestinians still launching rockets with the intention of killing israeli civilians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    Are the Palestinians still launching rockets with the intention of killing israeli civilians?
    what you do my friend, if u see a robber in your home! in your bedroom! called "israel" ?

ReputationRep:
    Are the Israelis still occupying Palestine.

Also the ratio of rockets fired to deaths is more than 500:1. IDF deaths in the war last year easily outstripped rocket-cased deaths over the past 15 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what d you do if a robber invade your home?

that robber (israeli terrorist occupants) deserve! to die

cant u still understand that?

israel occupied palestine , united kingdom backed israeli terrorists!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    Are the Israelis still occupying Palestine.

Also the ratio of rockets fired to deaths is more than 500:1. IDF deaths in the war last year easily outstripped rocket-cased deaths over the past 15 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Palestinian deaths would be a lot lower if they'd invest in iron dome. But as the Palestinian authorities choose to fire rockets at a neighbour and not offer up any force protection measures to their civilian population what do you expect.

It's like two Atimes fighting. One has tanks and body armour and the other has crossbows and arises horses into battle.

ReputationRep:
    Palestinian deaths would be a lot lower if they'd invest in iron dome. But as the Palestinian authorities choose to fire rockets at a neighbour and not offer up any force protection measures to their civilian population what do you expect.

It's like two Atimes fighting. One has tanks and body armour and the other has crossbows and arises horses into battle.
    What's crazy is that the Arabs don't actually need to deploy any sort of measures to protect their civilian population. This is because they are facing an armed force which is actively trying to miss their civilians. All they need to do is stop deploying their civilian population to protect their military capabilities, or better still, cease military operations all together, because the activity of Gaza militants is literally the only thing that puts the Gazan population at any risk whatsoever from Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saayagain)
    It's easy to fix.

Two state solution with a UN controlled demilitarized zone. Problem solved.

Israel has a state. Palestine has a state. No more issues with other countries.

Make no mistake. Israel is the oppressor. If you don't agree with that then...I don't know what to say.

This isn't a european colonist vs native american scenario where noone cares about what goes on.

This topic is boring because it is so straight forward.

The reality is Israel wants the whole of Palestine. That's why they do not acknowledge the Palestinians. Simple as. So, war will come again. Now or in 100 years. Noone will forget these injustices so good luck to Israel. The longer they do what they do, the more unreasonable people get.
    Agree with me because I'm right.

Do you vote labour by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    Agree with me because I'm right.

Do you vote labour by any chance?
    Huh?

No.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mention Palestinian deaths, this has no direct relevance to my post.

ReputationRep:
    The video speaks for itself, but particularly the last part:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebubekir)
    what d you do if a robber invade your home?

that robber (israeli terrorist occupants) deserve! to die

cant u still understand that?

israel occupied palestine , united kingdom backed israeli terrorists!
    This is why there will never be peace... people like you, who support Palestine, call for the deaths of the Israelis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jzack10)
    This is why there will never be peace... people like you, who support Palestine, call for the deaths of the Israelis.
    Because not a single Israeli or Israel supporter has ever called for the deaths of Palestinians, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jzack10)
    Yes they should behave and allow Israel to blockade the scrap of land they still have whilst sniping at children from rooftops. They should also have just allowed Israelis to kick them out of their land, selfish buggers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Netanyahu: If I'm elected, there will be no Palestinian state

So yeah, Israel all in favour of peace? Yeah, right.

ReputationRep:

Oh noes.

There won't be a 57th Islamic state and 23rd Arab country.

How will the world cope without this extra enrichment that Arab Muslim states provide the world? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

After the Gaza fiasco, who in their right mind would advocate a Palestinian state? All it would result in is countless Palestinian deaths and more war.

ReputationRep:

Whichever government is in power in Israel, the result will be the same. Unlike the President of the State of Palestine who recognises Israel's right to exist, Netanyahu and others won't do the same for Palestine. Their goal is to seize more and more Palestinian land while maintaining their system of occupation, annexation and conflict.

They don't want peace. If they did, they would be committed to ending the occupation and illegal annexation of Palestinian territory, and they would not setback the Occupied Territories economically by periodically starting conflicts and breaking ceasefires which even Hamas have abided by.

In 2008, the Palestine Papers revealed that Tzipi Livni, the then leader of Israel’s ‘moderate’ opposition, admitted that "the policy of the [Israeli] government for a really long time", has been "to take more and more land day after day and that at the end of the day we'll say that is impossible, we already have the land and we cannot create the [Palestinian] state".

This was, of course, after the Israelis rejected an extremely generous Palestinian offer, which permitted Israel to annex all of East Jerusalem. Alongside this, the Palestinian negotiating team outlined a deal in which Israel would annex 1.9% of the West Bank in the context of a landswap, permitting Israeli to incorporate into its future borders 63% of the illegal settler population. They also made massive concessions on the right of return of refugees, allowing for only 10,000 out of approximately 5 million refugees to return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    After the Gaza fiasco, who in their right mind would advocate a Palestinian state? All it would result in is countless Palestinian deaths and more war.
    This is what these clueless solidarity morons don't understand.

I would love a Palestinian State, I mean all those "free Palestine" slogans would be pretty meaningless if there were an independent Palestinian State existing outside Israel, those landswaps made sure that any claim of an "apartheid state" in Israel is a total joke, incredible. Heck, not a lot of people know this, but Israel props up the Palestinian areas with humanitarian aid and they say the Jews are money obsessed.

However and this is huge

The moment a Hamas (the ruling party of Palestine) militant, decides to fire a rocket into Israel, this would not be criminality or even terrorism, it would be a declaration of war by one sovereign nation on another. Israel would have every right to respond with deadly force.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo radical one)
    This is what these clueless solidarity morons don't understand.

I would love a Palestinian State, I mean all those "free Palestine" slogans would be pretty meaningless if there were an independent Palestinian State existing outside Israel, those landswaps made sure that any claim of an "apartheid state" in Israel is a total joke, incredible. Heck, not a lot of people know this, but Israel props up the Palestinian areas with humanitarian aid and they say the Jews are money obsessed.

However and this is huge

The moment a Hamas (the ruling party of Palestine) militant, decides to fire a rocket into Israel, this would not be criminality or even terrorism, it would be a declaration of war by one sovereign nation on another. Israel would have every right to respond with deadly force.
    What is it called when an Israeli takes a pot shot at a child and then makes fun of their reaction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.