Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    So empty atm.

ReputationRep:
    Got a letter saying my driving licence has been revoked following my psychiatric report

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)
    Got a letter saying my driving licence has been revoked following my psychiatric report
    That is really **** :hugs:

---------------------------------

Got my first meeting with my personal tutor at uni on Monday. I'm undecided whether or not I should explain MH stuff in that I've been seriously ill not that long ago and there's a decent chance I'm going to relapse. It'd be useful if I do get ill again because then she'll know my history which would save me a lot of grief of me explaining which would be really difficult to do whilst ill. I just don't know how to do it without sounding like an attention seeker or a special snowflake. Or if I should do it at all.

ReputationRep:
    fed up of feeling this ****. all. the. time. thinking a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Got my first meeting with my personal tutor at uni on Monday. I'm undecided whether or not I should explain MH stuff in that I've been seriously ill not that long ago and there's a decent chance I'm going to relapse. It'd be useful if I do get ill again because then she'll know my history which would save me a lot of grief of me explaining which would be really difficult to do whilst ill. I just don't know how to do it without sounding like an attention seeker or a special snowflake. Or if I should do it at all.
    i think you should tell her.. I'm having trouble with how to tell stuff to my tutor too…

Good luck though - Maybe the first time you don't have to tell her everything you can always plan to see her again to chat about it in more depth..

(Original post by hannahchan)
    i think you should tell her.. I'm having trouble with how to tell stuff to my tutor too…

Good luck though - Maybe the first time you don't have to tell her everything you can always plan to see her again to chat about it in more depth..
    :hugs: It is tough. What year are you in?

Thanks- no doubt I'll post how horrific/well it went on Monday

ReputationRep:

AH that last anon post was me!

ReputationRep:
    So today..... :ninja:

I booked a haircut, took out travel insurance, sat through a psychiatrists appointment, had a shower, made up a friends bad day box and went to first aid.**And it was okay!*:awesome:

Tomorrows jobs- go to the haircut, deal with something in the bank, pick up travel money, put in and pick up prescription, book a gp appointment, send an oversized letter and other shizzle...*:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    So today..... :ninja:

I booked a haircut, took out travel insurance, sat through a psychiatrists appointment, had a shower, made up a friends bad day box and went to first aid.**And it was okay!*:awesome:

Tomorrows jobs- go to the haircut, deal with something in the bank, pick up travel money, put in and pick up prescription, book a gp appointment, send an oversized letter and other shizzle...*:eek3:
    PRSOM. You've got this! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Getting angry so easily...will destroy any chances to get a better player...I am so bad at motivating myself. (Except if it is about work, because then I know, it is for the company and I get paid for it, which means I benefit from it, no matter how bad the work is. Of course enthusiasm and happy face is something else...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :hugs: It is tough. What year are you in?

Thanks- no doubt I'll post how horrific/well it went on Monday
    thank you.

Hm I don't really want to say I'm a bit worried people might know who I am.. but yeah Ive been at uni for a while..

how about you?

I've been thinking of creating a new account maybe but I forgot my password when I clicked create.. so I can't log in.. and the email messed up.

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    getting all worked up and worried. when does paranoia turn into a psychotic illness?
    the more i think about things the more i think its something more than paranoia.

also the more i think about the past the more i think i have some sort of depersonalisation disorder or something

brain switch off NOW :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    thank you.

Hm I don't really want to say I'm a bit worried people might know who I am.. but yeah Ive been at uni for a while..

how about you?

I've been thinking of creating a new account maybe but I forgot my password when I clicked create.. so I can't log in.. and the email messed up.

good luck!
    Ah ok, no worries. I'm only in my first year so have only been here a few weeks.

I created a new account because of MH stuff as well. Maybe post anonymously things you wouldn't want to be associated to your user?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bawling my eyes out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    bawling my eyes out
    :hugs: you get my text? here if you need to chat! hope you are gonna be okay!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Had a few hours' respite when I went out tonight (which I wasn't sure was a good idea, but it mostly was). Now back to feeling **** and slightly paranoid again

(Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    So empty atm.
    :jumphug:

(Original post by bullettheory)

Either tell her yourself, or get your disability department to tell her. It's important she knows and any person with half a brain cell would realise you're not being attention-seeking by being honest about problems that might come up

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    bawling my eyes out
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Too tired to function but not calm enough to go to sleep and my brain won't shut up, keep trying to distract myself but it's not working and I keep coming back to things I don't want to think about

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Had a few hours' respite when I went out tonight (which I wasn't sure was a good idea, but it mostly was). Now back to feeling **** and slightly paranoid again

Either tell her yourself, or get your disability department to tell her. It's important she knows and any person with half a brain cell would realise you're not being attention-seeking by being honest about problems that might come up
    :hugs: Hope things pick up for you.

I think I'd rather tell her myself then I can be sure she knows only what I want her to know. Plus, I don't even know where the disability dept is at my uni Thanks :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.