Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Might be going to Villareal :eek3:

Origi has really come on leaps and bounds lately, it's amazing how he wins the ball before the defender in the most improbable of situations, if he starts doing that in the box then he is a real threat. Really hope he and Sturridge can build a strong partnership now.

The question is what we do behind the two of them. The options are basically having Coutinho and Lallana/Milner out wide in a flat 4-4-2, or a diamond. Either option looks like leaving out Firmino (unless you play Coutinho deeper in the diamond like Rodgers did) which is a bit harsh but he has struggled a bit since the injury.

I'm a bit worried about Clyne defensively atm after he was so solid earlier in the season. Just as he has started to come more alive in the final third of late, he's falling asleep at crucial points in defence.

Hope Can isn't too badly injured, almost forgot about that in all the excitement.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Yeah, always loved Klopp, I'd be curious to see what happened at Dortmund, because it's strange to have such a Mourinho-esque dip, but a top manager and has you playing great football, the 90th+ minute goals are a great sign.

Pretty choppy for us with owners who are looking for any excuse not to appoint Mourinho, even then we're still looking at problems in the long term with what Mourinho would do for our youngsters. I remember a Cup match where Klopp had the cajones to put out an entire youth side, that's superb (I think you drew, but the point stands)

Meanwhile we've got a manager with arguably the worst on game tactical substitutions out there (Ashley Young up front...lel)

I'm strange in that as long as it doesn't affect us, I like Arsenal and Liverpool. I'll even be shouting for City to win the CL because I tend to support English teams anyway in Europe.

Love Klopp, love your style of football, and imagine that you are even linked to Gotze and Ter Stegen.

Jeez, Conte/Wenger/Poch/Jose/Pep/Klopp will be unreal next year.

(And yes, me and TDA both are United fans)
    I think things are certainly on the up for Liverpool, but I'm just going to enjoy it game by game and not expect too much too soon.

I think you have to be very careful if you appoint Mourinho. I'd love to see Simeone at United tbh, though it's unlikely. Yeah, he played the Youth side plus Jose Enrique, Bentekkers and Bogdan against Exeter (twice as we drew the first one). We've also seen Youth players get PL games, which is great to see.

With Europe, I'm pretty much the same. I'd rather an English club win it than a foreign one.

Next season will be great. Plenty of teams arguably battling for Top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cBay)

Origi has really come on leaps and bounds lately, it's amazing how he wins the ball before the defender in the most improbable of situations, if he starts doing that in the box then he is a real threat. Really hope he and Sturridge can build a strong partnership now.
    The thing which excites me most - aside from the way Origi has got his head down, worked hard in the gym and now seems three times the player we initially bought - is the prospect of him being good enough to start games for us right now.

Not only does Origi offer us so much, but we then have the option of Sturridge, one of the best strikers in the country on his day, coming off the bench with 30 minutes left.

Sure, the pair of them can start (but, admittedly, that seems harsh on the three lads behind them because I'm a huge fan of the Coutinho/Firmino/Lallana axis usually) but if they aren't to start together, we've got two very good options capable of swinging a game for us.

I'd rather Origi started and did 90 minutes of running in an hour, because he certainly has the legs and energy and selflessness to do that. Then, I'd deploy Sturridge off the bench. He's the type of player who responds best when he's got the bit between his teeth. He hates being omitted, so let's harness that energy into something constructive and get him on for the final half hour, where he can exploits gaps and use his quality as he did last night (e.g. finding Milner to tee up Lovren in stoppage time).

Where does this all leave Benteke? In a taxi out of Liverpool, almost certainly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I think things are certainly on the up for Liverpool, but I'm just going to enjoy it game by game and not expect too much too soon.

I think you have to be very careful if you appoint Mourinho. I'd love to see Simeone at United tbh, though it's unlikely. Yeah, he played the Youth side plus Jose Enrique, Bentekkers and Bogdan against Exeter (twice as we drew the first one). We've also seen Youth players get PL games, which is great to see.

With Europe, I'm pretty much the same. I'd rather an English club win it than a foreign one.

Next season will be great. Plenty of teams arguably battling for Top 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think right now is the perfect time, he's available (and clearly wants it) United are looking for an egotistical manager to grab the bull by the horns and are already used to boring unattractive football.

Love to see Leicester get CL again next year too.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Think right now is the perfect time, he's available (and clearly wants it) United are looking for an egotistical manager to grab the bull by the horns and are already used to boring unattractive football.

Aye, true. I'm not sure if most fans can bare more unattractive football though.

I'd love to see Leicester build on from this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

Aye, true. I'm not sure if most fans can bare more unattractive football though.

I'd love to see Leicester build on from this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Leicester getting top four again would be an achievement to rival this season's heroics, especially if City are improved under Pep, Liverpool continue to grow under Klopp and Chelsea/United are forces to be reckoned with under new managers.

You'd imagine Tottenham aren't going anywhere, likewise Arsenal, so for them to gatecrash the party AGAIN would be some feat.

I can't see it happening, but would love to be proved wrong.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Leicester getting top four again would be an achievement to rival this season's heroics, especially if City are improved under Pep, Liverpool continue to grow under Klopp and Chelsea/United are forces to be reckoned with under new managers.

You'd imagine Tottenham aren't going anywhere, likewise Arsenal, so for them to gatecrash the party AGAIN would be some feat.

I think from what we've seen this season, and from what I expect next season we could have the following teams battling for Top 4.

Us
    City
    Chelsea
    United
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Southampton
    West Ham
    Possibly Stoke too
    Edit: Perhaps even Everton, who have the quality but not the form

The last few teams will need to have a good window though. However all those teams will be there or thereabouts

ReputationRep:

Depends what players they go for. They would really need to be going for the Payet signings as a model. Should pinch Wijnaldum. Might try and poach some off PL teams but if they want to advance need to buy abroad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think from what we've seen this season, and from what I expect next season we could have the following teams battling for Top 4.

Us
    City
    Chelsea
    United
    Arsenal
    Spurs
    Leicester
    Southampton
    West Ham
    Possibly Stoke too
    Edit: Perhaps even Everton, who have the quality but not the form

The last few teams will need to have a good window though. However all those teams will be there or thereabouts
    If 'Us' is Liverpool... you're delusional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    He said battling for top 4, not for the league.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    This:

(Original post by Lúcio)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    This:
    Oh God I'm so sorry I didn't see that part lol... I thought you were writing your predictions for next year's PL

:facepalm:
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Oh God I'm so sorry I didn't see that part lol... I thought you were writing your predictions for next year's PL

:facepalm:
    Hell no xD

Klopp's good, but no one's that good xD If we can get into the Top 4 I'm more than happy given the level of the other clubs. I do think we'll be challenging within three seasons (not including this one)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Depends what players they go for. They would really need to be going for the Payet signings as a model. Should pinch Wijnaldum. Might try and poach some off PL teams but if they want to advance need to buy abroad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They also need to keep what they've got, of course.

Sure, you can look at the likes of Mahrez and Kante and think after the season they've had "why would they want to leave?"

But the allure of traditional big clubs - the likes of Man City, the likes of La Liga etc - will have a huge pull.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no xD

Klopp's good, but no one's that good xD If we can get into the Top 4 I'm more than happy given the level of the other clubs. I do think we'll be challenging within three seasons (not including this one)
    I completely agree.

We need to make some good signings this summer, which I'm sure we will...

ReputationRep:
    They also need to keep what they've got, of course.

Sure, you can look at the likes of Mahrez and Kante and think after the season they've had "why would they want to leave?"

But the allure of traditional big clubs - the likes of Man City, the likes of La Liga etc - will have a huge pull.
    lol
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by cBay)
    lol
    Shouldn't have written traditional. Final four of the CL, Pep as manager etc though.

ReputationRep:
    What ****ing retard would rather win the FA cup over the Europa league hahaha. Don't know why anyone responds to that troll MU tbh.

Anyway, I do think beating Villareal over two legs will be even more difficult than Dortmund.

Never know what'll happen with the Klopp effect thoigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    What ****ing retard would rather win the FA cup over the Europa league hahaha. Don't know why anyone responds to that troll MU tbh.

Anyway, I do think beating Villareal over two legs will be even more difficult than Dortmund.

Never know what'll happen with the Klopp effect thoigh.
    Because of the occasion or the team? On paper I think Dortmund have the better side than Villareal.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can out for the season with ruptured ankle ligament

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.