Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain127)
    I feel so much relief, I did well this time round!

VR 640
    QR 830
    AR 670
    SJT band 1
    AVG = 713

I was not doing too great in my mocks, medify between 600-666 and UKCAT mock C i think i got 630-666 and other 2 about 550 and 600. The maths was a lot easier. Didn't even have any speed Qs and even gave me the area of circle formula but you should know this. I thought I did badly cause I skipped 2 passages on VR near the start so I can move on to some easier and T/F Qs. Ran out of time to recheck. AR I found to be about the same I guess. My advice is to try and not panic, I skipped like 2 section of Qs and went through them. The latter half is easier Qs imo, even had time to go back, managed to answer like 6 Qs. They weren't hard I just saw a lot of text and moved on. No idea how I got band 1 on SJT, a lot of scenarios I wasn't too familiar with despite a lot of Qs i done on Medify, I picked the safe option in the middle and tried not to pick too many extremes...

Any ideas where to apply that look fondly on graduates? I'm probably gonna apply all to undergrad to be safe, Glasgow + Dundee, not sure if I should do aberdeen (my ref ain't that great) or belfast since the interview was so damn hard!
    Wow nice score!

Lol why do all the graduates do so well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MF12345)
    If I remember correctly I had just one question on a circle which was related tocalculating easy enough circle calculations ie circumference etc but I cant recall having to work out area! I had plenty of questions on pie charts which are circles but nothing to do with area of course. I guess its just the luck of what selection you get on the day
    (Original post by stanwell)
    I only had a few area questions and they weren't all based on circles. For me it was mainly percentages, using information from tables and speed = distance/time questions
    Thank you both.

ReputationRep:

VR 640
    QR 830
    AR 670
    SJT band 1
    AVG = 713

I was not doing too great in my mocks, medify between 600-666 and UKCAT mock C i think i got 630-666 and other 2 about 550 and 600. The maths was a lot easier. Didn't even have any speed Qs and even gave me the area of circle formula but you should know this. I thought I did badly cause I skipped 2 passages on VR near the start so I can move on to some easier and T/F Qs. Ran out of time to recheck. AR I found to be about the same I guess. My advice is to try and not panic, I skipped like 2 section of Qs and went through them. The latter half is easier Qs imo, even had time to go back, managed to answer like 6 Qs. They weren't hard I just saw a lot of text and moved on. No idea how I got band 1 on SJT, a lot of scenarios I wasn't too familiar with despite a lot of Qs i done on Medify, I picked the safe option in the middle and tried not to pick too many extremes...

Any ideas where to apply that look fondly on graduates? I'm probably gonna apply all to undergrad to be safe, Glasgow + Dundee, not sure if I should do aberdeen (my ref ain't that great) or belfast since the interview was so damn hard!
    I'm a graduate too and have my test next week. Im literally so scared as I've been doing terribly in my mocks especially in VR and QR any tips for these sections? as you seemed to have smashed them- well done btw amazing scores!!*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen111)
    I'm a graduate too and have my test next week. Im literally so scared as I've been doing terribly in my mocks especially in VR and QR any tips for these sections? as you seemed to have smashed them- well done btw amazing scores!!*
    The best technique I've found for VR (though I'm a Law grad so reading dense chunks of text isn't entirely foreign) is to scan for key words.

ReputationRep:
    The practice QR section on the ukcat website seems quite hard... are these the level of questions in the real test?*

ReputationRep:

VR 640
    QR 830
    AR 670
    SJT band 1
    AVG = 713

That's an incredible score - well done!

ReputationRep:
    The practice QR section on the ukcat website seems quite hard... are these the level of questions in the real test?*
    I personally found that the real exams QR was much easier than on the website mocks. Maybe I was lucky with my questions or maybe it was the andrenaline rush in the real thing but I think others have found the exact same. Don't totally bank on it, but hopefully this will relax you a little about it

ReputationRep:
    Hi, guys my membership for medify will expire today and really wanted to review the questions I got wrong. I was wondering if I can still review my answers with the explanations without being subscribed with medify.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Wow nice score!

Lol why do all the graduates do so well!
    Lol I did poorly last year, I would say its about luck and experience. My friend did his the day before, he was similar to me and he said his QR was really easy whilst mine I found harder. I also didn't rigidly follow the move on principle and had to guess so many Qs!

Same I did quite poorly as well. I struggled to finish on time since I spent time on some Qs a lot. For VR, I decided to try and only skip 2 long/hard passages and allocate this time to get the easier/doable marks. My VR mocks were biased because I feel like I did them before last year so made scanning them a lot easier. QR similarly, I also skip 2 passages (8 Q?) and if I saw 1 that was complex or long and time consuming I flag and skip. Most of the times, I found the latter half or at least the last 1/4 pretty easy and straight forward! So make sure you get these done! Use the keyboard shortcut keys as well saves a bit of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zeed.)
    Hi, guys my membership for medify will expire today and really wanted to review the questions I got wrong. I was wondering if I can still review my answers with the explanations without being subscribed with medify.

Thanks
    No don't think so

ReputationRep:
    What are some schools that look at your SJT score?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I got an average of 626.7 in my UKCAT!!! Any suggestions of applying anywhere would be very helpful?

Thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pvk19.)
    Hi everyone, I got an average of 626.7 in my UKCAT!!! Any suggestions of applying anywhere would be very helpful?

Thanks xxx
    I have heard Aberdeen dont have a UKCAT cut off so I would apply there! Maybe Dundee too. Not sure about English uni's as I am a scottish applicant

ReputationRep:
    i got an average of 690 in my ukcat and im thinking of applying for medicine at ucl (im gonna take the bmat also) bristol queen mary london and southampton. Do they sound reasonable or over ambitious?

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    was just wondering what unis are personal statement heavy?

ReputationRep:
    OMG

Just realised testing ends soon!

I wonder what the averages will be like. :?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    OMG

Just realised testing ends soon!

I wonder what the averages will be like. :?
    Hopefully deciles are down from the preliminary scores. Fingers crossed.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Hey all,
    was just wondering what unis are personal statement heavy?
    Bristol is the only really PS heavy uni left.
    Keele and Manchester require good voluntary work for their non-academic forms.

Other schools which consider the personal statement and grade it include edinburgh, nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    Bristol is the only really PS heavy uni left.
    Keele and Manchester require good voluntary work for their non-academic forms.

Other schools which consider the personal statement and grade it include edinburgh, nottingham.
    Ahh okay. Thank you. I'm applying for Edinburgh. My grades at school are high. My UKCAT is average but I'm going to go for it anyway.

Appreciate the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackster556)
    Hopefully deciles are down from the preliminary scores. Fingers crossed.
    I'm hoping and praying. Just did the Birmingham offer calculator but it doesn't have a section for scottish qualifications. HAHA, woudn't get and offer anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.