Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide! Watch

TotoMimo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Another food crime is when you let Ice Cream melt entirely through to negligence (ie getting back from the supermarket and forgetting to freezer it up) then re-freezing it, resulting in a mass of disgusting ice-crystals which, when served, results in a minging pseudo-sorbet thing.
jsb123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Red wine - with fish!
zigzog7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jsb123)
Red wine - with fish!
this, fish should always be accompanied by a white wine. Or chips.
MelissaJayne
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TotoMimo)
Another food crime is when you let Ice Cream melt entirely through to negligence (ie getting back from the supermarket and forgetting to freezer it up) then re-freezing it, resulting in a mass of disgusting ice-crystals which, when served, results in a minging pseudo-sorbet thing.
My mum is always too "tired" (lazy) when she's done the shopping to unpack the bags straight away. She ALWAYS leaves them and as a result my mini milks melt and re-freeze into some demented, stuck-to-the-wrapper, icey lack-luster stick of disappointment.
Scottbainbrid13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Mayo is immense with ANYTHING, pizza, curry, chinese, yes!

Honeydew melon is immense but I can't eat a whole one so I don't buy them
Cinamon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A food crime witnessed at my cousin's birthday party today - Mum had a delicious piece of birthday cake. And pulled off, then discarded, all the white icing. She then later proceeded to have a bit of the chocolate traybake and picked off all the dolly mixtures, and discard them too!

AARGH!
:eek4::eek2::eek3::eek::eek4::eek2::eek3::eek::eek4::eek2::eek3::eek: That IS a crime!!!!!
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Today at Jimmy Chungs Chinese Buffet (yes, I had been craving and decided we'd go for my Birthday lunch early having taunted myself by creating that other buffet thread... heheh) my irritating younger cousin made me grit my teeth with anger as he'd moaned to come, but committed the ultimate Chungs Buffet Foodie Crime: He sat and ate Chicken Maryland and Chips. And nothing else. We paid full price for him to come as he had no money on him. Breaded plain chicken and chips.

ARGH!
jccarlos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Here are the five of the freakiest food crimes I have heard of that give food safety a new meaning. Here's the full story:http://goo.gl/0zx8t.
Jake22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Today at Jimmy Chungs Chinese Buffet (yes, I had been craving and decided we'd go for my Birthday lunch early having taunted myself by creating that other buffet thread... heheh) my irritating younger cousin made me grit my teeth with anger as he'd moaned to come, but committed the ultimate Chungs Buffet Foodie Crime: He sat and ate Chicken Maryland and Chips. And nothing else. We paid full price for him to come as he had no money on him. Breaded plain chicken and chips.

ARGH!
Ha. One of my old flatmates had a farmer friend from college who came to visit. We went out for a few pints and an Indian meal and he had omelette and chips and kept harping on about the 'massive round crisps' that they served for starters...

It was like dining with one of the Beverly hillbillies.
User570431
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
Wow great thread.
Katickle
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Soggy oven chips..never again!

I'm not a fussy eater whatsoever, I just don't like meat. I can understand why other people like it but I just can't bear it! Usually on Sundays I just have a plate of vegetables for tea whilst my family tuck into their meat, haha (:
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Food Crime: My sister made a home-made shepherd's pie today.

I was slavering at the thought of it.

DINNER TIME!!

Wh.... What?

Why... what's different about this? Oh, yeah. HOME MADE Shepherd's Pie... plus my lazy sister... equals SMASH TOPPING.

That's right. Mince with SMASH on top. URGH
Squidgyness
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I bought my (relatively uncultured) sister some really nice tuna steaks on Friday as her fiance had been on about never trying "proper tuna", and so I got her them and told her to "just sear it" on each side, and keep the inside nice and purpled. She sent me a picture asking if it was cooked enough at about 5ish last night.

*speechless*

I think that kind of epitomises food crime right there.
To each his own I guess.

For me a food crime is having meat rare. If it is still red, no way, even too dark a pink. Bleuurgh.

Take it from me, as someone who has had food poisoning and parasites, always cook your meat properly.

Now, I ask for it cremated.
Cerdog
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Squidgyness)
To each his own I guess.

For me a food crime is having meat rare. If it is still red, no way, even too dark a pink. Bleuurgh.

Take it from me, as someone who has had food poisoning and parasites, always cook your meat properly.

There's nothing unsafe about having certain cuts of meat rare. You can eat steaks raw if you want. Mince and similar types of meat should be cooked thoroughly, but steaks are fine.
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To each his own I guess.

How can you say no to this :eek:

I didn't take this photo, but I was there and ate the exact same thing, it was incredible
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MelissaJayne)
My mum is always too "tired" (lazy) when she's done the shopping to unpack the bags straight away. She ALWAYS leaves them and as a result my mini milks melt and re-freeze into some demented, stuck-to-the-wrapper, icey lack-luster stick of disappointment.
Why don't you unpack the bags for your Mum then? Since you know, she bought the food. Just a suggestion.
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
How can you say no to this :eek:

I didn't take this photo, but I was there and ate the exact same thing, it was incredible
That makes me heave. As in I scrolled down and literally just heaved at the sight of the meat.
I love beef, I love lamb, I love duck etc etc, but if it's remotely red it makes me feel sick. It's not the thought of the blood or anything, it's that wet slimey texture the undercooked bits have. I honestly like the taste and texture of well cooked meat, I think it tastes lovely, whereas raw/medium etc is just horrible to my tastebuds.
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
Why don't you unpack the bags for your Mum then? Since you know, she bought the food. Just a suggestion.
haha, er, okay?
Squidgyness
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
That makes me heave. As in I scrolled down and literally just heaved at the sight of the meat.
I love beef, I love lamb, I love duck etc etc, but if it's remotely red it makes me feel sick. It's not the thought of the blood or anything, it's that wet slimey texture the undercooked bits have. I honestly like the taste and texture of well cooked meat, I think it tastes lovely, whereas raw/medium etc is just horrible to my tastebuds.
This. Some people like it different.

I like to chew my meat a lot. That is another reason I like it well done, I hate mushy/slimy food.

Whenever a chef says meat will "melt in your mouth" I turn a little green, I have to admit.
FormerlyHistoryStudent
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This. Some people like it different.

I like to chew my meat a lot. That is another reason I like it well done, I hate mushy/slimy food.

Whenever a chef says meat will "melt in your mouth" I turn a little green, I have to admit.
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
But the only time meat is at all slimy is if it's very, very rare. :confused: Anything other than that doesn't have that texture - it's just like a normal cooked meat texture but even more juicy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (72)
75.79%
No (23)
24.21%

Watched Threads