Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiallD)
    Thanks! Yeah I was thinking same as interview but I didn't want to be overdressed
    Black shirt (no tie) with either black or grey pants. That's what I wore for the induction and have continued to wear for shifts. Some staff members wear black Debenhams branded polos and t-shirts but obviously you wouldn't have access to those yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Got to the group stage for the Restaurant Assistant (after my job as a sales assistant last year) and they said HR had cocked up so there wasn't time to do all the group activities
    Hi...just wondering what the group assessment was like for the restaurant role? Would be a great help =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by london24)
    Hi...just wondering what the group assessment was like for the restaurant role? Would be a great help =)
    Ah sorry I can't help when I went HR had messed up the times so we could only do individual interviews.

ReputationRep:
    I had my assessment last Saturday, and it's been 8 days and still have no clue if I got the job, is it worth me calling them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just had my phone interview and now I have my group assessment/1 on 1 interview on saturday, anyone any ideas what you wear? formal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joefish15)
    Black shirt (no tie) with either black or grey pants. That's what I wore for the induction and have continued to wear for shifts. Some staff members wear black Debenhams branded polos and t-shirts but obviously you wouldn't have access to those yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    At your induction, what went on? And secondly, do you need to bring things like bank details and national insurance number and thirdly, how quick did you start work after induction? Like start the next day? etc...

ReputationRep:
    got the job! induction is fairly simple, given a detailed tour of the store and you dont need to bring bank details/national insurance no. There is 2 induction days for different training, for example I have till training next weekend having already worked 9.30-4.30 today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxureen)
    I had my assessment last Saturday, and it's been 8 days and still have no clue if I got the job, is it worth me calling them up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, call them if you haven't done so already. I got contacted in less than 24 hours for my 1st offer, and for my 2nd offer i had to wait 5 days. I find HR to always be really positive and helpful anyway, and they provide feedback too =)

ReputationRep:
    With any interview prep it's very useful to ...

capture both job roles that you applied for

- read the company website.
    - the store history

Be positive and highlight your CV strengths and character strengths

Treat the role as a positive window and maybe an opportunity to work for Debenhams long term

Congratulations on reaching such an amazing stage in the selection process

Recap

Notepad
    Copy of CV
    Simple points about the company ( past and present)
    Glass of water And a positive attitude and relaxed polite voice

You should receive training and a discount card for the Resturant and store

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, roughly a week after my local stores assessment centre I received an email from the store manager telling me I got the job , start & end dates and also ''If you are happy to accept we will get your contract sent to you, which will take up to 7 days. We will also make contact nearer the time with details of your Induction''. Is this normal for all Xmas temps ? Or was everyone else told via phone call ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrescoDiMorte)
    Hey guys, roughly a week after my local stores assessment centre I received an email from the store manager telling me I got the job , start & end dates and also ''If you are happy to accept we will get your contract sent to you, which will take up to 7 days. We will also make contact nearer the time with details of your Induction''. Is this normal for all Xmas temps ? Or was everyone else told via phone call ?
    I got a phone call, and when i accepted, i had got sent the contract. Im sure it doesn't matter how they've contacted you, maybe it was just more convenient for them. Just reply and wait for the contract. If you want to make sure they've received the email or if your contract is late, call HR, whose number should be written in the email regarding your assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview tomorrow but I have piercings on my ear, is it okay if I leave them in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squalleon)
    I've got an interview tomorrow but I have piercings on my ear, is it okay if I leave them in?
    Depends on how many piercings, what earrings you wear, and how strict the branch is. Usually at a workplace you're only permitted to wear a single pair of small studs; some places allow small hoops, and some places allow more piercings. I guess you should bare that in mind for the interview, so wear minimal.

ReputationRep:
    Got my first shift tomorrow, and kinda scared :eek: Working as a sales advisor on Gift department - can anyone tell me anything to easy my nerves, or what I'm likely to be doing on my first day?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, been working at debenhams as a xmas temp for over 2 weeks now, but I keep forgetting to get my discount card ( + when i do the woman i need to go to isn't there! :confused: ) BUT when I finally get it, can someone who works there tell me... can you find items online and then write down the code and order them in store using your discount card? or can you only get discount on items in store?

ReputationRep:
    POS (point of sale card) is for store only.

Debenhams Staff Credit Card (Provided by Santander) allows you to get 25% off online as well. The discount is taken off your credit card bill.

ReputationRep:
    Aw ok thank you. Does anyone know where I get my payslip? I got paid today for the first time , and it seems to be the right amount. (from looking at my online bank statement) I just don't know how to see my payslip? Like do I have to go in and ask for it or what? I'm so confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I work as a Sales Adviser in Debenhams and was just wondering if they minded about hair colour. I dyed my hair today (reddish-pink dip dye) and am due to work tomorrow! I realise I should've asked but the oppurtunity didn't present itself. Will they mind about my hair or should I style my hair in a way where they can't see the dye? I'm thinking sock bun.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure i've been underpaid today, aswell as being taxed! so i've lost out on over £20, which is 4 hours and quite a lot when you're only 17 ... So I need to ring HR, they're probably shut now but does anyone have the number so I can call them on monday?

ReputationRep:
    Um i guess no-one used this thread anymore haha, i found out the HR connect number, rang them and they were closed :mad: so gonna ring tomorrow, but does anyone know like how they can help you? I wanna know something about an old payslip, that i stupidly lost to work out how much i've been underpaid by. Do they have that sort of info or would i have to contact my ex-manager?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.