Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    2.99%
    21-40
    5.97%
    41-50
    14.43%
    51-60
    39.80%
    61-70
    36.82%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Think the only one I messed up on what the system software, got mixed up with application software, how many marks was that question. Also with for that one where you had to talk about a software you have used to create something, what did you put? Not sure don't think it said robust, it said how outputs created would see if your solution was effective and suitable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really want an A. Hope u and I get it!

ReputationRep:
    To work out the area under a graph, instead of counting squares, can I just use the trapezium rule (c2 maths)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Maybe not! I am just mixed up now But there was a question on outputs though. System software question was 4 marks. For the software question, I put that, I solved a problem by creating a presentation for year 7 students by using the presentation software. What did you write?
    Wrote literally the same thing as you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuSSeLLMaGuiRe)
    To work out the area under a graph, instead of counting squares, can I just use the trapezium rule (c2 maths)
    Yes you can! However, It is much easier than c2 trapezium rule.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Wrote literally the same thing as you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same thing? Wow! Good! So, ready for the physics unit 2 m8?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly how much UMS you need for an A at AS level?

ReputationRep:
    For the count the squares under the line trick, what's the the general method of part sqaures. Do we consider them as halves or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calrooke)
    IDK. Maybe, 90-100.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    For the count the squares under the line trick, what's the the general method of part sqaures. Do we consider them as halves or something?
    no, count the squares! Do not consider it half. There was a question, I counted the squared and I remember I got 85. each block was 10000. so 10000 x 85 = 850000J.

ReputationRep:
    Answers to part B please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    overall at AS ... 240/300

and 96/120 in each examination (unit 1 & 2)
    48/60 is an A in the ISA

ReputationRep:
    no, count the squares! Do not consider it half. There was a question, I counted the squared and I remember I got 85. each block was 10000. so 10000 x 85 = 850000J.
    For part squares though, the ones where the line chops of 2/3 or 1/4

ReputationRep:
    In this exam you always need 96 out of 120 UMS for an A, raw mark will usually be around 50 out of 70.

ReputationRep:
    For part squares though, the ones where the line chops of 2/3 or 1/4
    Which question m8? I am confused.:confused: pardon me.

ReputationRep:
    help please!
    June 2012- q 7 b ii-
    why does P move upwards and not downwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taliaa)
    help please!
    June 2012- q 7 b ii-
    HAHA Taliaa! Nice name! Think about this question. It is already down and so it want to come up. I will make it clearer for you now! Since the wave in travelling to the right, the anti-nodes (where the amplitude is at maximum) will also move to the right. So, look at the anti-node to the left of the particle p. If it is moving to the right, the point p will go up. Is that ok? If not, ask again.

ReputationRep:
    help please!
    June 2012- q 7 b ii-
    For wave B, (I know you did not asked for this but I just want to help you) Just remember this. For compression-particle will move to the right. For rarefaction- particle will move to the left. And it is opposite if the wave is travelling to the left.

ReputationRep:
    HAHA Taliaa! Nice name! Think about this question. It is already down and so it want to come up. I will make it clearer for you now! Since the wave in travelling to the right, the anti-nodes (where the amplitude is at maximum) will also move to the right. So, look at the anti-node to the left of the particle p. If it is moving to the right, the point p will go up. Is that ok? If not, ask again.
    original isnt it?!
    oh I understand now thank you it just seemed like a bit of an odd question!
    and also, do you have any idea about jan 2012 1 a (first question, I know, I'm not the brightest spark here!) I have the answer,but have no idea why. do you have to work out the vertical side of the imaginary triangle because that is the distance from the sail to the ship, and the question is asking the work done by the sail on the ship? when i originally tried to calculate it I thought you'd need to use the equation work done= force x distance?!
    thanks again!!

ReputationRep:
    original isnt it?!
    oh I understand now thank you it just seemed like a bit of an odd question!
    and also, do you have any idea about jan 2012 1 a (first question, I know, I'm not the brightest spark here!) I have the answer,but have no idea why. do you have to work out the vertical side of the imaginary triangle because that is the distance from the sail to the ship, and the question is asking the work done by the sail on the ship? when i originally tried to calculate it I thought you'd need to use the equation work done= force x distance?!
    thanks again!!
    Lots of smiles to you! Since work done = force time (THE DISTANCE IN THE DIRECTION OF THE FORCE), you will have to workout the horizontal force and times it by the distance travelled which is 1x10^3m. Is that ok? And are you a Muslim? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    when i looked at the mark scheme to a question like this one, they added up all the whole squares ​(32 squares) on its own. and Any other part square (even if it was one sixteenth of a square) they counted it as one and then all the part squares were added up and they divided it by 2 ... so basically there were 12 part squares and they divides it by 2 to get 6 whole squares and then you add that 6 to the other actual whole squares, to get a total of 38 whole squares, then you do 38 times by the area of one square

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 15, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.